Think Tank Question for Brisbane fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
When you go to watch your last grand final win, do you have to find the VCR tape and a VCR player? Or did they have DVD technology 20 years ago?

How do you watch it?
I'm genuinely curious. This isn't intended to be a troll.

Personally I just stream the last grand final win on demand, so I can see it whenever I want, which makes it easy as.

We just stream it
I wouldn't know, like most Pies I find 02 and 03 hard to watch.

02 because almost everything went our way (most of the umpiring, the weather, the bounce) and we were still were two goals short. Bloody Aker, what a flaming star.

03 because we dropped our bundles. Finally picked a more skilled side, went about it differently and got smashed. Took us 7 years to recover.

Construction New Windows GIF by JC Property Professionals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres only 2 titles that matter. The flag and the spoon. For 5 years, with the best list in the League, the flag has been in the Lions sights. Thats been squandered. Only title they can win now is the Spoon.

For the past 3 year Lions have been told that refusing to drop poorly performing 'stars' promotes mediocrity and inconsistency. Fagan has been told time and again his fault in allowing this.

AND YET, AGAIN LAST NIGHT at the post game interview, Fagan 'googled down' on his belief, 'now is the time to support his players and not punish them for a bad performance'.

Many Lions supporters on their page are also in denial. Backing the status quo of mediocrity and inconsistency. There are dissenting voices, but they arent loud enough.

Its over. Brisbane are treading water. 5 years of 'what it', 'what could have been'. They have a list of aging 'I amers' and front runners. Big heads and glamour boys. Get a new coach. A coach that isnt going to be their surrogate father, their 'friend'. Matters not how good a bloke he is. He isnt getting it done. He hasnt, and he cant.

Get a new coach. Trade out and retire the poorly performing glamour boys. You know who they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back