Question for Rooboy96

Remove this Banner Ad

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rooboy, you will be well aware you are approaching a very significant BigFooty posting milestone.
My question is as follows:
Will you retire at a significant milestone (such as 1996 or 1999) as Sandie did at 2000, or will you go after Dim24's stagnant 2903?

Whatever path you choose, I'm sure everybody will fully support you. MAY THE WAAAAAAAYNE BE WITH YOU!

------------------
"Not by speech-making and the decisions of majorities will the questions of the day be settled... but by iron and blood" - Otto von Bismarck 1862

Darky... a very interesting question... I have thought about this for quite some time now (37 seconds)... firstly I think post 1975 - 1977 - 1996 - 1999 should be commmorative posts... in recognition to past glories...

On the matter of do I continue or start again... I love the name especially when those from outside call me pooboy... a bit like Wayne Carey being called w***er... it just seems to bring the best out... so I will continue... I may even make a startling revelation about some past posts with my 2000th post... not quite sure yet...

Originally posted by Rooboy 96:
Darky... a very interesting question... I have thought about this for quite some time now (37 seconds)... firstly I think post 1975 - 1977 - 1996 - 1999 should be commmorative posts... in recognition to past glories...

On the matter of do I continue or start again... I love the name especially when those from outside call me pooboy... a bit like Wayne Carey being called w***er... it just seems to bring the best out... so I will continue... I may even make a startling revelation about some past posts with my 2000th post... not quite sure yet...

LOL
Rooboy would you consider yourself the Carey of the Big footy board.And maybe Dan could be the Micheal Tuck????

Actually, Dim24 may have his 2,900 odd posts and the Rooboy a "mere" 1,975, however, we must look at a sort of signal to noise ratio and take into consideration the quality of the posting. After much analysis, we can work out a percentage of posts that are of a good quality, ie are intentionally humourous or have some sort of intellectual merit. To this end, we have this:

Dim24, 2,903 posts, 1 had intellectual merit (it was the one where he stated that Denis Pagan was the BEST coach in the AFL). It could be argued that the other 2,902 were hilarious, but most academics believe his humour was unintentional and that most readers where laughing AT him, not WITH him. Therefore, with a FOR of 1 good post and an AGAINST of 2,902 crap posts, he has a percentage of 0.03

Rooboy has 1,975 posts of which 1,974 of them were either hilarious or had intellectual merit. That one post of no merit. Well, because I have a long memory and can be really small minded and petty at times, that one post bagged me, and did it in a way that was neither funny nor intellectual. However, since even the great Wayne Carey misses the odd shot at goal, this is, in the overall scheme of things, a very minor indescretion. Still, with a FOR of 1,974 and an AGAINST of 1, Rooboy's percentage sits at a very healthy 197,400.

So there we have it. When the posts are put onto a level playing field, and the noise removed from the signal, Rooboy is clearly a class above Dim24.

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 22 March 2001).]

Originally posted by Shinboners:
Actually, Dim24 may have his 2,900 odd posts and the Rooboy a "mere" 1,975, however, we must look at a sort of signal to noise ratio and take into consideration the quality of the posting. After much analysis, we can work out a percentage of posts that are of a good quality, ie are intentionally humourous or have some sort of intellectual merit. To this end, we have this:

Dim24, 2,903 posts, 1 had intellectual merit (it was the one where he stated that Denis Pagan was the BEST coach in the AFL). It could be argued that the other 2,902 were hilarious, but most academics believe his humour was unintentional and that most readers where laughing AT him, not WITH him. Therefore, with a FOR of 1 good post and an AGAINST of 2,902 crap posts, he has a percentage of 0.03

Rooboy has 1,975 posts of which 1,974 of them were either hilarious or had intellectual merit. That one post of no merit. Well, because I have a long memory and can be really small minded and petty at times, that one post bagged me, and did it in a way that was neither funny nor intellectual. However, since even the great Wayne Carey misses the odd shot at goal, this is, in the overall scheme of things, a very minor indescretion. Still, with a FOR of 1,974 and an AGAINST of 1, Rooboy's percentage sits at a very healthy 197,400.

So there we have it. When the posts are put onto a level playing field, and the noise removed from the signal, Rooboy is clearly a class above Dim24.

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 22 March 2001).]

and a beautiful use of stats by the way
wink.gif
making any argument from Dog24 completely useless!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back