Discussion Question on Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a troll either, FWIW.

How many training sessions has Luke Ball completed, or will he have completed, prior to playing on Saturday night?

The reason I ask is; it's essentially an industry standard within Australia for hamstring injury management, if you don't get through three full (by which I mean, participating in everything) training sessions, you don't return to sport. I haven't been able to ascertain exactly what Luke Ball's been doing this week in terms of training load, but I haven't read anything that would make me believe he's completed at least two full sessions yet, with time for only one remaining.

Some of you will probably respond to this with a "duh?", but unless I'm missing something, Ball won't play.

Hmm, yeah, it's a tough one. Ball DID go out for a training session tonight, and it was MEANT to be a closed session. When the flipping Channel 9 chopper appeared over Moorabbin, he shut up shop and went inside (the club then put a decoy "#14" out on the ground - one of the trainers... love it!).

He MAY get up in time, but you're right, it's touch and go. My bet is Birssy will be having a run on the MCG on Saturday night.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Another thing that was mentioned at I conference I recently attended; the most common time in an AFL game for someone to injure a hamstring is the middle 10 mins of the 3rd quarter. I think if either of us get Ben Cousins next year, we should probably head out to the bar in the middle of the 3rd and calm the nerves! ;)

Ball wont play and even if we win I dont think he'll even be right for next week.
Stk Ball out Allen In
Coll Presti, Cox out Wakes Shaw in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back