Question Time

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
So with the off-season for the Suns already underway, I thought it might be a good idea to Atleast have something on the board to keep us occupied between rounds of golf (That's an offseasony thing to do, right?)

So I'm giving this a go, I'm sure we can all come up with some good questions to ask the board. So let's have at it. I'll start us off.

What would be your theme music?

Now almost everything has theme music these days, I'm not so much talking about footy club songs but more directed at the individual. Wrestling, Boxing, MMA, Cricket, NASCAR, Baseball... Even darts have their respective athletes come out to some form of a ditty, What's yours?

It could have meaningful lyrics or lyrics that describe who you are or it could be that one song that pumps you up more than anything else. There's no right or wrong answer. It doesn't have to be your favorite song either.

Now for me it was Battle Without Honor or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei. (Better known as that one song from Kill Bill)

For he last couple of months it's been Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=94bGzWyHbu0#t=61

Fingers crossed for a few replies and don't be shy to ask a new question when the current one is starting to lose momentum. ;)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Ok that question was a bit of a bust but no worries, We've got all off season to get it right, haha.

Let's open up the floor, Are there any burning questions that anyone wants to know about their fellow board members. There are no right or wrong answers. Only what each individual member is willing to divulge.

Also, Feel free to answer old questions if you missed them the first go around.

FavoriteSun

All Australian
Feb 8, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So short version. Came home from the bars, drunk, and AFL was playing on ESPN here. I used to weigh about 50lbs more than I do now, so when I took the opportunity to get in shape and needed an outlet for all this new found energy. I checked to see if there was anyone playing here in Boston, what with all the universities and strong Gaelic and Rugby communities. Sure enough I found a local footy club here, and 5 years later I've been playing all over the country.

So as to how I became a Suns fan? My first year playing I needed to learn the game and having a team to root would help me watch more games. Lots of the boys here were West Aussies or Vic Boys, so I tried to get into some of their teams - Roos, Eagles, Dees obviously....but all teams were quite bad at the time. Ever the fan of an underdog, I heard offhand that the league was expanding - turns out it's a team of high draft picks blooding in the VFL and so I took my opportunity to follow a brand new team. I still remember scrounging for footage and hunting around for anything I could find. First game I ever saw us play was a video file of us vs. Coburg. Also managed to watch us play against Bendigo and I believe we won.

So here I am, Suns fan since VFL days!

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
So short version. Came home from the bars, drunk, and AFL was playing on ESPN here. I used to weigh about 50lbs more than I do now, so when I took the opportunity to get in shape and needed an outlet for all this new found energy. I checked to see if there was anyone playing here in Boston, what with all the universities and strong Gaelic and Rugby communities. Sure enough I found a local footy club here, and 5 years later I've been playing all over the country.

So as to how I became a Suns fan? My first year playing I needed to learn the game and having a team to root would help me watch more games. Lots of the boys here were West Aussies or Vic Boys, so I tried to get into some of their teams - Roos, Eagles, Dees obviously....but all teams were quite bad at the time. Ever the fan of an underdog, I heard offhand that the league was expanding - turns out it's a team of high draft picks blooding in the VFL and so I took my opportunity to follow a brand new team. I still remember scrounging for footage and hunting around for anything I could find. First game I ever saw us play was a video file of us vs. Coburg. Also managed to watch us play against Bendigo and I believe we won.

So here I am, Suns fan since VFL days!

Heard you are a bit of a defender. I have Scotty Clayton on the line. He wants to talk terms

Back