Toasta

All Australian
Dec 31, 2004
New York, NY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Tottenham Hotspur
I don't have an answer to your question.

But can I ask about the league pass, what was the quality like and did you watch it predominantly on a computer or did you plug it into a tv?

deeswant13

Rookie
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You have to renew. I've had it the last 2 seasons and had to renew from one season to the next.

Toasta, I found the quality really good, better than watching through another site, and I watched on my computer. The best thing is you can get replays cause lots of people aren't uni students like me that can watch all the games live in the middle of the day.:D

Thanks for that.

Quality was really good and most of the time I plugged it into my TV using that cable with the blue end on it. I can't remember what it's called but it's the same one that goes from your computer to the monitor.

madhawkboy

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I got it last year and it was worth ever cent.
And with finishing year 12 this year, after exams I'm going too get it again and just watch NBA the whole time!
Can't wait!

Crowbling

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
They had alot of technical problems at the start of the year but they seemed to iron them out.

I have bought it ever since it became available in Australia and I would be dead without it. Upgrading to Telstra Cable internet this month just for the NBA, lol.

knowledgeable fan

Senior List
Dec 8, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
They had alot of technical problems at the start of the year but they seemed to iron them out.

I have bought it ever since it became available in Australia and I would be dead without it. Upgrading to Telstra Cable internet this month just for the NBA, lol.

just a couple of quick quesitons, do you need a home phone line to get telstra cable internet and how expensive is it?

also, i notice they say you can watch games on ur i phone using league pass.. is that possible in australia? i wouldve thought we're still a couple of years away from this..

madhawkboy

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't Telstra have shitty bandwidth limits?

I'm about to move into a new apartment and need a new internet plan so I'm going with TPG as they have some huge bandwidth plans and I plan to join League Pass when it opens.

Just need to figure out how to connect my laptop to the TV and still get a decent picture.
Definitely go with TPG. So far I have had no problems and had it for nearly a year now.
Also the family just got the unlimited bandwidth plan. Best thing ever!

Crowbling

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Depends how far you are from the exchange. I am pretty far from mine and could only get about 3.5 mb sync speed on ADSL2+ with AAPT. I had one of those unlimited plans for 12 hrs a day with was quite nice at the start but I eventually got to the point where I downloaded everything I wanted.

With Telstra im going to be paying about $69 for Cable internet and expect atleast a 20 mb sync speed for 200 gb. That should be enough for on average 2-3 NBA games a night on NBA LP as well as general downloading.

I guess it all goes down to how much you use. Some dude on the whirlpool forums has downloaded 75.3 terabytes in the past year with AAPT's 24/7 plan.

It's about $220 aus I think. Still waiting for the damage to show up on my credit card. I like that there's no more of this 48 hour window to watch a game. All games are on demand now.

Borgsta

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
It's about $220 aus I think. Still waiting for the damage to show up on my credit card. I like that there's no more of this 48 hour window to watch a game. All games are on demand now.

With the Aus dollar so high it should only be an extra $10 on top of the US.

wezza

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I think it would be $156 for regular season or ~$220 for reg + playoff package.

Picture quality is way way better than the RayV stuff we got last year. Going to need to up my quota at home to enjoy it fully :D

wezza

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Same, but when I try and open up league pass again, it keeps on taking me to a registration page.
What am I doing wrong?

Had the same problem last night. Just search your history for ilp.nba.com/XXXx/console.jsp

or anotehr address along those lines and bookmark it.

Takes you straight to the player.

Dime

Club Legend
Veteran Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LAL, KC Chiefs
Wow. I just watched it for 2 minutes on the free trial and I want it. Great quality.

Can I just ask, how many megabytes does viewing a game at the best available quality use? I'm pretty keen to get league pass but my worry is it'll go through my internet usage like crazy - I guess I need to get unlimited.

Back