Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Nobody pays that

A lot do! I tried to convince my brother in law and his wife to let me set it up through a cheaper country for $100 instead of $300 but they'd rather just pay because they think it's illegal and they could get in trouble (like torrenting). I explained to them it's not illegal and I can do it for them in 5 minutes and save them $200 but they don't care.

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Typical.

Went to watch the Magic game and it says my account is locked (Canadian VPN signup). Same thing happened first game last year too. That time, I sent support an email and they unlocked it with no explanation as to why it was locked.

I am currently waiting for a response this time and missing my game. They happily take my money though. Bullshit.

When they lock my account I just quickly get them to send me an email to confirm I'm the owner of the account and I'm back watching games in less than 5 minutes.

Like I said before I think it happens to everyone who logs in to watch games from different devices and IP addresses. I'd be surprised if you're just watching games from your home for example, and they keep locking you out.

I know why it happens to me and that's because I watch games from various locations and the NBA want to make sure I haven't shared my account with others and denying them of extra subscriber revenue.

I am about to do a subscription through a proxy but have a few questions for the experts first.

Which country is chrapest?

If I sign up from Brazil for example, going forward can I watch games from my normal IP, iPad ect?

When signing up it triggers a "billing address". Obviously I'm technically coming from O/S, do I need to make up a random O/S address?

Anything else I need to consider?

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
When they lock my account I just quickly get them to send me an email to confirm I'm the owner of the account and I'm back watching games in less than 5 minutes.

Like I said before I think it happens to everyone who logs in to watch games from different devices and IP addresses. I'd be surprised if you're just watching games from your home for example, and they keep locking you out.

I know why it happens to me and that's because I watch games from various locations and the NBA want to make sure I haven't shared my account with others and denying them of extra subscriber revenue.
Thanks, good to know. Although I am always watching from the same location.

By “get them to send an email”, do you mean you click on “forgot password”? Because that’s the only option I could see on the login page.

BTW, they unlocked my account this time and they gave me an explanation because I asked for one. They said that accounts often get locked after too many failed login attempts. This doesn’t fly in my case as I hadn’t used my account since last season and I got the “your account is locked” message after my first login attempt.

Unless maybe some hacker tries to randomly log into NBA accounts, but I doubt it.

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks, good to know. Although I am always watching from the same location.

By “get them to send an email”, do you mean you click on “forgot password”? Because that’s the only option I could see on the login page.

BTW, they unlocked my account this time and they gave me an explanation because I asked for one. They said that accounts often get locked after too many failed login attempts. This doesn’t fly in my case as I hadn’t used my account since last season and I got the “your account is locked” message after my first login attempt.

Unless maybe some hacker tries to randomly log into NBA accounts, but I doubt it.
Can't remember the exact wording of the message as it was last season the last time I got locked out, haven't used it in the off season. But I just basically go to the page where I get asked to type my email address, click on ok and I get a follow up message telling me to check my email. And within minutes I've received a NBA email that comes with a link that unlocks my account.

Not that you mention it, I did get a locked out message 3 days ago when I first used it as well. I had totally forgotten about it until you jogged my memory. lol

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I am about to do a subscription through a proxy but have a few questions for the experts first.

Which country is chrapest?

If I sign up from Brazil for example, going forward can I watch games from my normal IP, iPad ect?

When signing up it triggers a "billing address". Obviously I'm technically coming from O/S, do I need to make up a random O/S address?

Anything else I need to consider?

These questions have been answered in the last few pages. Mexico is the cheapest (can't confirm as I automatically used Canada) apparently and you don't need a VPN once you've subscribed with the exception of India which is the cheapest at $20. But you do need to be using a VPN when trying to login in via the Indian subscribtion. Once the stream is working though you can stop using the VPN.

These questions have been answered in the last few pages. Mexico is the cheapest (can't confirm as I automatically used Canada) apparently and you don't need a VPN once you've subscribed with the exception of India which is the cheapest at $20. But you do need to be using a VPN when trying to login in via the Indian subscribtion. Once the stream is working though you can stop using the VPN.

So in conclusion I'm pretty flexible to use anything other then India?

See I don't know if this had happened to anyone else but when I signed up from a Mexican VPN I used a fake Mexican address. Problem for me was if I change my VPN back to Australian or even used US it would say I don't have a subscription and couldn't watch games.

I eventually changed my billing address to Australia and now works fine without a VPN at all at the same price it was before.

See I don't know if this had happened to anyone else but when I signed up from a Mexican VPN I used a fake Mexican address. Problem for me was if I change my VPN back to Australian or even used US it would say I don't have a subscription and couldn't watch games.

I eventually changed my billing address to Australia and now works fine without a VPN at all at the same price it was before.

Anyone else?

rOdGe

Senior List
Mar 24, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Can somebody help me? I bought the $20 League pass while connected to an Indian IP via VPN. Everything was going swimmingly but it just won't let me connect to league pass anymore. I can load nba.com but when i click league pass it just comes up with this. View attachment 430540

Was probably the only one who had this problem but i ended up getting it to work. Working a treat now. Best $20 spent ever. Thanks lads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Do you have to VPN or Proxy to watch?

Assuming you sub'd through India?
i just use the google chrome extension in my browser to change location to india whilst i find the game i want to watch.. then i can turn it off while watching (you can just leave it on tho, havent noticed anything different.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
Just subscribed to monthly pass through the app. Click on a game to watch and it's still coming up with the options to Buy Game, Buy Subscription,but no play button. When I click on either option is says I already have subscription. What am I doing wrong?

Just subscribed to monthly pass through the app. Click on a game to watch and it's still coming up with the options to Buy Game, Buy Subscription,but no play button. When I click on either option is says I already have subscription. What am I doing wrong?
Your user name is A+.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Untitled.jpg

Can anyone explain this? Where does it say it can only be watched on a mobile device? It worked properly a few days ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back