Question to other League Pass subscribers

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Are you guys aware that Sportsbet shows games? Ive seen most of the 76ers live games this year. You just need to have an account, not sure on minimum deposit if any.
Do they archive games for later viewing? Live games are useless to me as I don't have the time to watch them between 9am and 5pm Australian time. And even if I did I wouldn't because it's incredibly frustrating having to sit through all the time outs and ads they pad the average NBA with. I honestly don't know how Americans, or anyone for any country for that matter, can sit through an entire live NBA game. 1 live quarter is enough to drive me up the wall.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Do they archive games for later viewing? Live games are useless to me as I don't have the time to watch them between 9am and 5pm Australian time. And even if I did I wouldn't because it's incredibly frustrating having to sit through all the time outs and ads they pad the average NBA with. I honestly don't know how Americans, or anyone for any country for that matter, can sit through an entire live NBA game. 1 live quarter is enough to drive me up the wall.

The reductions of timeouts this season has massively improved the viewing experience.

The reductions of timeouts this season has massively improved the viewing experience.

Agree. Especially now that it doesn't take 20 minutes to play the last 2 minutes of a close game. The changes to the foul rules when there's less than 2 minutes left have helped too.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
-get a free VPN
-change location to India
-pay $20 for full season league pass
-connect your laptop to your tv via HDMI cable

best $20 I've spent in 2017

Does it run fast enough through a VPN to get decent quality though? I've got a VPN sub with private internet access which I could use

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Does it run fast enough through a VPN to get decent quality though? I've got a VPN sub with private internet access which I could use
no but once you go to the game you want, you can turn the vpn off

I'm able to watch in HD and my internet is trash haha

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I honestly don't know how Americans can sit through an entire live NBA game.

It's part of the American sport watching culture. They love breaks in games so they can do other things like grab a hot dog, etc, and not miss any of the action. NFL games take forever, breaks of innings in baseball, etc. I recall an episode of the Simpsons where Homer attended a baseball game, sober for the first time, and says he never realised how boring the game really is :)

I recall years ago they played an NRL State of Origin match in the USA. Most of them liked it, no padding astounded them, but the major complaint was they were waiting for a break in play so they could get up and move around.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Have you noticed that the actual time out period has lengthened, or is it my imagination?

They used to have full time outs (90 seconds) and "20 second" timeouts (actually 60 seconds). This has been ditched in favour of a standard 75 second timeout. So it is somewhere in between.

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
It's part of the American sport watching culture. They love breaks in games so they can do other things like grab a hot dog, etc, and not miss any of the action. NFL games take forever, breaks of innings in baseball, etc. I recall an episode of the Simpsons where Homer attended a baseball game, sober for the first time, and says he never realised how boring the game really is :)

I recall years ago they played an NRL State of Origin match in the USA. Most of them liked it, no padding astounded them, but the major complaint was they were waiting for a break in play so they could get up and move around.
It's amazing that the yanks can't sit still and enjoy a game for 30 - 40 minutes without needing to get up to do something else. The time outs/breaks in play are there mainly for tv commercials, not to benefit the fans at the game watching it live. Beats me how anyone can tolerate being (3 hours +) at a sporting event an extra hour or so simply to accommodate advertisers. *shrugs*

Apologies if this is covered already... but can this work through the PS4? Thinking of doing it with one of those 8 games packages when I'm off work over xmas, would be nice to watch it on something other than my tablet. Don't have a smart tv...

Apologies if this is covered already... but can this work through the PS4? Thinking of doing it with one of those 8 games packages when I'm off work over xmas, would be nice to watch it on something other than my tablet. Don't have a smart tv...

Get chromecast.

Get chromecast.
I have that.
So get on the tablet and mirror the screen? I tried once with the afl app to watch a game it was a bit laggy and s**t..

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Appreciate the in-depth response :thumbsu:
hahaha ok...

the ps4 doesnt have the app anymore like they used to.

better mayte?

I just use my laptop and a HDMI cord because i got the indian league pass for $20 for the season. never had any lag and i watch in HD with shitty 'nbn' internet.

I have that.
So get on the tablet and mirror the screen? I tried once with the afl app to watch a game it was a bit laggy and s**t..

Yeah when you watch a game either on tablet or computer the video will have an option to chromecast. I watch most games that way

I have that.
I use my phone. Haven't had trouble with it and I live out in whoop whoop with no NBN.

I use my phone. Haven't had trouble with it and I live out in whoop whoop with no NBN.
I'll get onto it :thumbsu:

No work for 2 weeks after the 22nd and no missus and kids from the 31st December to the 17th Jan.. would be rude of me not to make the most of the situation

ormond-allen

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Looking for advice... I've just bought an 8 game pass with the intention of watching the Christmas games. I log in, hit 'Watch Game', and it does nothing.... as if I have no subscribtion. I check 'My Account' details and I definitely have subscribed. Have I missed something or is this a special Christmas day shafting from the good folk at NBA League Pass??

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Anybody having difficulties with streaming games in LP? It's been 2 days since the Clips vs Wolves game and I still can't watch it. I've got some free time at the moment and none of today's game are loading up either.

Back