General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread - *Ticket questions here*

Discussion in 'Essendon' started by Tassieboy, Mar 14, 2012.

Put it out there
  1. eth-dog

eth-dog TheBrownDog

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
    197 IIRC

Dan87 likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Lore

Lore Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:

Hey! Would you just look at that :D

jmoo likes this.
  3. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
  4. Lore

Lore Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Yeah I keep an eye on the Squiggle :) My favourite section is the tower of power XD It seems to be a bit hungover at the start of the year but it's starting to rate us - 'see the bombers fly up!' indeed :p

I was using Max's predicted ladder for the draft pick predictor for a while but the spreadsheet breaks too often for the predictor to be of any use so I've turned it off for now :(

5. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I'd never seen it before so it took me a minute or so to figure out the Tower of Power, that is my fav chart too. His writing style is also amusing.

I'd be interested to know a bit more about the calculations behind it, it's pretty cool!

6. Lore

Lore Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Haha me too! I like trends and the ability to predict based on stats, which Squiggle gives to some extent. It hasn't tipped us correctly very often all year though unfortunately :( On the squiggle predictor dashboard thing https://squiggle.com.au/game/?gid=237 PlusSixOne is usually the closest for our games this year.

I also like MatterofStats.com. The actual website is a bit clunky but the team dashboards are interesting to stare at for extended periods of time, mostly the bottom section with the quarter by quarter performances (e.g. how similar the Q4 performance rankings are to the overall ladder). There's also a bunch of other random graphs, some are fairly obvious like the correlation between number of scoring shots and winning games, others are more obscure. I think I saw a chart on there a while ago about the correlation between kicking the first goal of the game and winning.

https://hurlingpeoplenow.wordpress.com is another one, some of their charts have been posted here recently. I like this one from the most recent update, which shows how close together teams are this year, compared to other years. No massive front runners or real stragglers:
    bar-stack.png

And then there's this guy. http://figuringfooty.com I am jealous of his access to information. I might post up one of his things in the BigJoey thread in a minute. :)

Max Headroom likes this.
  7. GUMBLETRON

GUMBLETRON Premium Gold

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Question - what does Dodoro actually do on gameday? He's reliably in the rooms and the box.

8. Beerfish

Beerfish Bless

Essendon
    Other teams:
    MotherMaryDarcy
    Considers things.

Capt Hindsight and Harlequin like this.
  9. scezza

scezza Premium Platinum

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Crystal Palace FC, Tomato Atheism
    Tries on jackets.

Capt Hindsight and Lore like this.
  10. Beerfish

Beerfish Bless

Essendon
    Other teams:
    MotherMaryDarcy
    Dutch ovens as the situation warrants.

11. Lore

Lore Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:
    From McGrath's interview (see his player thread)

I had thought that this was the case, but there it is in black and white. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ha...k/news-story/0fe406b2cdf1518153fabbb80cef580/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Air_Chester

Air_Chester Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Bit of a rare question, but can anyone link to a video that contains the team coming onto the ground in Rd1 against Hawthorn?

I have a copy of the game but it's from the first bounce. Would love to see the team enter and go through the banner again if possible.

If nobody can assist I might have to Name A Game.

OzBomber likes this.
  13. Jobe is King

Jobe is King Senior List

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I've got one of those three game memberships. Can I just rock up tomorrow and swipe my card? Where will I be able to sit?

14. Lore

Lore Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Yep, level 3, front rows on the wings are reserved but the rest is GA. Get there early if you want a decent seat.

Jobe is King likes this.
  15. Jobe is King

Jobe is King Senior List

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Thanks boss

Lore likes this.
  16. Alfred E Neuman

Alfred E Neuman Premium Platinum

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Dick Reynold's brownlows are being sold!

17. Avatarp

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Las Vegas Bears
    Gday Bomber Fans,
    Just wondering if any SA Bomber Supporter Group fans are attending the Port Pirie RSL Club function for the Round 21 clash between Essendon and Adelaide on August 12th?
    Should be a great game with the RSL looking forward to mirth and merriment with attendees:beercheers:

18. Cold Sober

Cold Sober Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
    Ess v Freo. book tickets or buy on day. mate coming from the triple head state. thanks in advance.

19. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Some cool stuff right there! I see we win 76% of first quarters, better by a margin than any other team...

20. Lore

Lore Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Yep :) It's interesting how it changes over the year too. I went back to find the scores for each quarter and derived the percentages in the table below. (100% is both teams scoring the same amount in a given quarter, 500% means we scored 5x what they did in that quarter, and 50% means we scored half what they did.)

Our Q2s were crap at the start of the year, and when we lifted in that area we started losing the fourth quarters. Then we had that block of tough games which shot our averages to pieces. The St Kilda game is the first game where we've won all four quarters, and actually other than the Brisbane game we haven't lost a fourth quarter since Round 10. Last week every quarter was better than the last :)

I also added the overall result and the number of quarters won or lost, which is a vaguely interesting (if obvious) correlation.

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 12.47.38 am.png

Max Headroom likes this.
  21. GUMBLETRON

GUMBLETRON Premium Gold

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Do GA tickets normally have "entry subject to capacity" written on them?

22. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    That is fabulous! They are conclusions to be drawn that seem kind of obvious when you look (especially on a game by game basis), and yet seeing all the games together is fascinating. Quite mesmerising:)

Lore likes this.
  23. TheRoo32

TheRoo32 Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Hey guys. Sorry for the intrusion. I was just wondering if there is any member not going next week who I could potentially borrow the barcode for or buy tickets off for next weeks Adelaide game??

Flying over for the game but can only seem to get 3-4 seats together on level three which isn't ideal.

Anyone know how I can get better seats and if it's possible?

24. efcboy

efcboy Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Arsenal
    Yeah sure random stranger just have my membership barcode!

25. scezza

scezza Premium Platinum

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Crystal Palace FC, Tomato Atheism
    Have you been to Etihad before? Level 3 isn't too bad, especially on the wing and close to the front if you can get it.