General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have two MCC reserved seats for sale. level 1, section M17, row U

on the wing, opposite side to the interchange boxes (gate 6 ish) - going off ANZAC day, you don't need to abide by strict dress code on this side.

from what I can see, these would retail for $65 for an adult each

my brother wants $80 for the two

PM me
Opposite side to the interchange boxes isn’t MCC...

Opposite side to the interchange boxes isn’t MCC...
I didn't think it was... because I have sat in the MCC reserve section before.

but, I was told the seats are obtained through an MCC membership, there is MCC signage around and it is not open to general admin/non-reserved seat. So what is it?

I didn't think it was... because I have sat in the MCC reserve section before.

but, I was told the seats are obtained through an MCC membership, there is MCC signage around and it is not open to general admin/non-reserved seat. So what is it?
M17 is AFL Reserve.

Jd11zz

Draftee
Jun 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Excuse the new south Welshman ignorance everyone, but which end of the G are the cheer squad?

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Does the club have open training sessions at Tulla and if so, when?
I think you can just turn up when they are training(just pretend you are going to the cafe/shop)...I don't think they have lockouts.
The day before a match they do a captains run (1/2 hour session) they only do one main session a week (usually mid-week). I think they mainly train in the mornings (starting around 9.30-10) but I have never been...just know a bloke who goes regularly.

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I've got to say it's a bit disappointing that only 13 blokes from the '93 team turned up to the reunion last night. Longy is crook, bomber didn't even turn up to the 84-5 reunion, Hirdy could have gone (he has more right to go than the people he has a gripe with, just ignore the campaigners if you don't like them).
Such a magic year, players should have made more of an effort IMO.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
Does anyone know if journalists from The Age think a little before they write their articles?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...dle-bombers-get-grounded-20180513-p4zf20.html

Injuries are no excuse or explanation. They have only Joe Daniher and Andy McGrath missing from their best 22, and neither of them had hitherto this year been playing like they would be among the club's top picks.

No mention of Gleeson, Begley, possibly Green or Colyer? (was best 22 last year anyway...)

The change is not a loss of personnel from the team that played finals last year. In fact there has only been personnel added this year.

Watson and Kelly don't count?

And I didn't realise Laverde is a defender.

Does anyone know if journalists from The Age think a little before they write their articles?
I could count on one hand journalists I have any respect for. Michael Gleeson is not one of them.

He has the general gist right... in terms of the blame being on more than one or two people. But he's pretty clueless otherwise.

Generally I don't think I want to hear from anyone who isn't an Essendon supporter these days. Essendon supporters seem to be the only ones that have a grip on who plays in what position and the general history of our players and performances in the last three years. The rest are flat out spelling their names correctly. Even then, not all Essendon supporters are good journalists. :poo:

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Don't know where to post this, but seems I haven't got my '18 sponsor thingy yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why does Ticketmaster still not have tickets for sale? its going thru the resale portal.

trying to buy some for some non members
I hope you mean Ticketek and I just tried to get 2 general public and it worked for me...

I am surprised that some don't know about Paul Amy - Been a VFL/VFA stalwart for years and has excellent contacts in the industry - Has written a few books sporting and non-sporting - His most popular book was the autobiography of Fred Cook.

Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I am surprised that some don't know about Paul Amy - Been a VFL/VFA stalwart for years and has excellent contacts in the industry - Has written a few books sporting and non-sporting - His most popular book was the autobiography of Fred Cook.
How does someone write an autobiography of someone else?

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
What title did he settle for, FRiED ChOOK.

Back