General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering he's one of 4 people I know of, yeah I'd say so unless there's a silent majority that aren't actually put out enough to say anything?

The men's season is over. The only other threads with any action atm are non Essendon, couple of player threads, sack dodoro thread and the trade and draft blahfests. On the other hand the women are in full swing and have started the season 2 zip. Why should we hide them away on a sub board and keep the main board exclusively for our half arsed men's team, most of which checked out weeks before their season ended?
Imo we shouldn't but I'm open to revisiting that if there's actually an overwhelming majority of posters that want that rather than 4 people.

Considering he's one of 4 people I know of, yeah I'd say so unless there's a silent majority that aren't actually put out enough to say anything?

The men's season is over. The only other threads with any action atm are non Essendon, couple of player threads, sack dodoro thread and the trade and draft blahfests. On the other hand the women are in full swing and have started the season 2 zip. Why should we hide them away on a sub board and keep the main board exclusively for our half arsed men's team, most of which checked out weeks before their season ended?
Imo we shouldn't but I'm open to revisiting that if there's actually an overwhelming majority of posters that want that rather than 4 people.
Well, why not create a poll for it, like you said you would last year? The board is pretty active right now because of finals plus the upcoming trade period so it's a good time to ask the question.

Random 'Rules' question - is it still a rule (or was it ever??), that when a free kick is awarded, an opposition player can't come from behind the player with the free kick, to stand the mark? I'm mainly, but not exclusively, talking about a player coming from behind the play and replacing someone who is already standing the mark. I thought this was a 'protected space' 50m penalty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been tinkering with the Essendon lineups playing AFL 2K23. Observations.

Tippa useless
Heppell useless
Have Riddler, Redders and McGrath in defence. Rarely out marked.
Cox in defence on a HBF is very good
Caldwell very good
Jones at CHF instead of Weed works as very mobile and able to lead into open space.
2MP marks pretty much everything
Hobbsy very good why he's not in the default 22 is beyond me
Perko not great
Hind on a wing perfect for kicking to open space
Stringer in a FP as makes the hard shots for goal easy check side or around the corner
Drapes for hit outs excellent around the ground not so good

Want to know this

Also chasing 3x tickets to Gather round bombers vs power.

Happy to buy them off someone if they cant attend or at least purchase access to use a gather round code. Let me know!

They went on sale at midday today.

On that note, I paid more money for worse seats for Anzac Day tickets (level 1 last year was cheaper than level 4 this year). What on earth is the point of being a paying member if the perks get worse every year but the team hasn't been good for 20 years?

Coming over to watch Eagles take on Essendon at the Dome in a month or so.

IN the past I am sure I have got resale tickets from priority ticket holders (maybe medallion club)

Any idea how I would search for what is available? Haven't done it in years or know if it is still a thing

Can always go on ticketmaster - but no wing seats available

Coming over to watch Eagles take on Essendon at the Dome in a month or so.

IN the past I am sure I have got resale tickets from priority ticket holders (maybe medallion club)

Any idea how I would search for what is available? Haven't done it in years or know if it is still a thing

Can always go on ticketmaster - but no wing seats available
i think for ticketmaster games you'd either go through there or hope someone here/ someone you know was able to grab tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back