Opinion Questions ...Questions Everywhere?

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe doesn't need much time forward to snag a few sausage rolls. 5mins a qrt I reckon is enough. His game against the Roos last year was ideal (stats below). And against Gold Coast a couple years back - kicked a couple of quick goals when needed.

Let the forwards do the forwarding, and the brownlow medal winning midfielder do the midfielding :D

IMG_0290.jpg

bfff

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Hard to tell before seeing how they progress through the preseason but I think they would have to be tearing the door down to play round 1. With traded players and players returning from injury to get into the side they may miss the first few rounds so that they are spared a slaughter.

2. If there is steady improvement through the 2019-2020 seasons his contract will be extended no question. Otherwise, he is still a chance. I think the club would hold him in higher regard than the supporters and he might be given a further 2 years.

1. How many games will Ballantyne manage this year?

2. Is the focus going to be a high pressure, fast pace or high skill? (I know we want all of that at once, but realistically what are we going to get)

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Hard to tell before seeing how they progress through the preseason but I think they would have to be tearing the door down to play round 1. With traded players and players returning from injury to get into the side they may miss the first few rounds so that they are spared a slaughter.

2. If there is steady improvement through the 2019-2020 seasons his contract will be extended no question. Otherwise, he is still a chance. I think the club would hold him in higher regard than the supporters and he might be given a further 2 years.

1. How many games will Ballantyne manage this year?

2. Is the focus going to be a high pressure, fast pace or high skill? (I know we want all of that at once, but realistically what are we going to get)
1) I hope for 5, but probably more like 15 games for a return of 22 goals. His last season

2) I hope for the high octane football like we produced in 2015 - but got a feeling next year will be medium pressure (as the kids learn what high pressure is and how hard you have to work week after week to sustain it), medium pace, and medium skills. I think we’ll have outstanding patches and maybe even 3/4 games at full potential, but suspect it’ll mostly be glimpses of what will come in the future.

1) How many games can a fully fit Fyfe drag the team over the line for?

2) How many games will Harley play next year? (Bennell for Freo and Balic for Melbs)

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
1) How many games can a fully fit Fyfe drag the team over the line for?

2) How many games will Harley play next year? (Bennell for Freo and Balic for Melbs)

1) If he stays fully fit he'll go very close to winning the Brownlow so I imagine quite a few games. However I think the talent level of the team is a fair bit more even than in 2015 so I'm hoping that we're not as reliant on Fyfe as we were back then.

2)
- Bennell will probably/hopefully play around 18 games. I can see them being ultra conservative with any niggles.
- Balic about 5-6 games, after the way they ended last year they will be livid internally. They will be chasing finals hard from round 1 and can see them being a little more conservative at the selection table, Balic will have to prove himself at Casey before they let him in.
-------------------

1) If we could only play one of Logue or Hughes who would you pick and why?

2)Who gets a game first, Banfield or North?

Scatter

Club Legend
Dec 30, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Would say Logue only because I think he has a bigger ceiling, Hughes the better player ATM.
2. North...think Banfield only plays if massive injury list.

1. How many games will Harley play for the Dockers...5, 50 or 100?
2. Who will be our leading goalkicker in 2018?

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Would say Logue only because I think he has a bigger ceiling, Hughes the better player ATM.
2. North...think Banfield only plays if massive injury list.

1. How many games will Harley play for the Dockers...5, 50 or 100?
2. Who will be our leading goalkicker in 2018?
1. As far as 2018 goes, I'll say 20
2. Walters

1. Does Cerra play more midfield or forward, with the likes of Blakely, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Neale already in the guts?
2. Who plays more games, Tabs or Kersten?

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
1. As far as 2018 goes, I'll say 20
2. Walters

1. Does Cerra play more midfield or forward, with the likes of Blakely, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Neale already in the guts?
2. Who plays more games, Tabs or Kersten?

1. Forward, with stints on HBF/Wing. Was damaging in the 1 game he played forward at TAC, kicking three goals and a number of goal assists, can take a mark etc...but I also suspect that his delivery into the forward line from a hbf may be valued as well.
2. Kersten. Taberner wasn't even mentioned in discussion about forward line whilst Kersten, McCarthy and Dixon were. I assume that means that he is probably fighting with Darcy / Sandilands for a second ruck spot.

A) What % will Mundy play midfield?
B) Will Stephen Hill be better or worse than his 2017?

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Forward, with stints on HBF/Wing. Was damaging in the 1 game he played forward at TAC, kicking three goals and a number of goal assists, can take a mark etc...but I also suspect that his delivery into the forward line from a hbf may be valued as well.
2. Kersten. Taberner wasn't even mentioned in discussion about forward line whilst Kersten, McCarthy and Dixon were. I assume that means that he is probably fighting with Darcy / Sandilands for a second ruck spot.

A) What % will Mundy play midfield?
B) Will Stephen Hill be better or worse than his 2017?

A) Low % - maybe 30%, used as a weapon late in games

B) I hope better. He was excellent for the first few matches last year, did a hammy, I think, and never returned to the same form. I want to see that early form for a whole year.

1. Who will be our first debut of the season?

2. Where will be on a table of points for at season end?

purplerunsdeep

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

B) I hope better. He was excellent for the first few matches last year, did a hammy, I think, and never returned to the same form. I want to see that early form for a whole year.

1) Cerra, bigger body and I think we just pip Brayshaw

2) I’ve got us on around 9-11 wins, depends on how we start and our decent run at the new stadium

Questions -

1) out of the draftees, who will be the surprise?

2) who’s our biggest flight risk on our list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

1. Hard to say before JLT matches but I imagine Brayshaw is a near lock for Rnd1. His fitness is already top shelf and he's quite an all-rounder so will work well off the bench. If Cerra is as good as they say then he really should be challenging for a Rnd1 berth aswell. I feel like Langdon is going to have to have a really good preseason to get a gig first up. Lots of competition.

Home Games
Vs Essendon = 50/50
Vs Bulldogs = Win
Vs Eagles = 50/50
Vs Saints = 50/50
Vs North = Win
Vs Crows = Loss
Vs Lions = Win
Vs Port = Loss
Vs Hawks = 50/50
Vs Carlton = Win
Vs Collingwood = 50/50

Away Games
Vs Port = Loss
Vs Suns = Win
Vs GWS = Loss
Vs Tigers = Loss
Vs Swans = Loss
Vs Collingwood = 50/50
Vs Carlton = Win
Vs Melbourne = Loss
Vs Essendon = 50/50
Vs Eagles = 50/50
Vs Geelong = Loss

Half the 50/50 games plus the 6 games I feel we can win. 10 wins give or take. Around 11th-12th on the ladder.

------------------------
1/Does Matera kick more than 35 goals next season?

2/ Who gets a NAB rising star nomination from our side?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
1) out of the draftees, who will be the surprise?

2) who’s our biggest flight risk on our list?
1. Switkowski - Ross will love him.
2. Langdon - if he doesn't secure himself in the B22.
1/Does Matera kick more than 35 goals next season?

2/ Who gets a NAB rising star nomination from our side?
1. No - but he'll come close if he stays healthy.
2. Darcy, Brayshaw, Cerra (lock em in - any more would be amazing)

Questions:
1. Will we finish above or below West Coast?
2. Who will be first to get either a Mark or Goal of the Year nomination?

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Switkowski - Ross will love him.
2. Langdon - if he doesn't secure himself in the B22.

1. No - but he'll come close if he stays healthy.
2. Darcy, Brayshaw, Cerra (lock em in - any more would be amazing)

Questions:
1. Will we finish above or below West Coast?
2. Who will be first to get either a Mark or Goal of the Year nomination?

1. Yes
2. Fyfe for both. If beast mode Fyfe re-emerges we are a possibility of finishing above West Coast.

Questions:
1. How many times during the season will Freo get above 100 points in a game?
2. How many big losses will Freo cop next season?

1. Yes
2. Fyfe for both. If beast mode Fyfe re-emerges we are a possibility of finishing above West Coast.

Questions:
1. How many times during the season will Freo get above 100 points in a game?
2. How many big losses will Freo cop next season?

1.I'd be hoping for 5 ..especially if we can play Fyfe forward for 50% of games, another season into McCarthy and get lucky with Matera and Walters production

2. I think there is still the propensity for us to get smacked but I'll set it at 4 ....hopefully Round 1 isn't the first

1. Who kicks more goals next year Matera or McCarthy?

2. If Alex Pearce plays round 1, is MJ in the team?

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe doesn't need much time forward to snag a few sausage rolls. 5mins a qrt I reckon is enough. His game against the Roos last year was ideal (stats below). And against Gold Coast a couple years back - kicked a couple of quick goals when needed.

Let the forwards do the forwarding, and the brownlow medal winning midfielder do the midfielding :D

View attachment 331064
I think Fyfe is more dangerous running to the forward 50 from the midfield. Harder for the opposition to get a good match up.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Who kicks more goals next year Matera or McCarthy?

2. If Alex Pearce plays round 1, is MJ in the team?
1. Tough one. I have both pegged for around the 30-35 goal mark. I'll say Matera by a whisker.

2. Port likely to play three tall forwards Dixon, Westoff and Watts. Robbie Gray, Wingard, Motlop as the smalls.

Dixon = Hamling
Westoff = APearce/Johnson
Watts = Logue
R Gray = Hughes
Wingard = Ryan
Motlop = Wilson

Wilson should expose Motlop as the frontrunner he is. Hughes has the speed to keep up with Gray but not a great matchup really, Ryan on Wingard equally not great. Hughes and Ryan should win the aerial battles but will lose when it hits the ground.

Logue should be able to bully Watts around. Around the same height, Logue is faster and stronger. Hamling on Dixon only works if our midfield works hard defensively. Johnson suitable enough for Westoff. I would prefer A Pearce as he could switch to Dixon if Hamling struggles whereas Johnson would struggle on Dixon. So to answer your question, it's one or the other. I'd take Alex Pearce.

I wouldn't be against Nyhuis getting a gig on one of Wingard or Gray.

1) Does Cox make it as a forward?
2) Rnd1 opening bounce do we go full grunt Fyfe/Neale/Blakely or do one of SHill/Walters take a spot for some class.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

1) Does Cox make it as a forward?
2) Rnd1 opening bounce do we go full grunt Fyfe/Neale/Blakely or do one of SHill/Walters take a spot for some class.

1. Yes though long term I think he may go back. 2020.

2. Hill will be in there with fyfe. Neale to lead the second unit that would have a walters or another skilled player in there.

1. What would be a great year for Cam? A heck yes we have a great player for the next 10 years kind of year.

2. In order of preference where would you like us to finish and why:

a) 7-10th
b) 9th - 13th
c) 13th - 16th

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
1. Yes though long term I think he may go back. 2020.

2. Hill will be in there with fyfe. Neale to lead the second unit that would have a walters or another skilled player in there.

1. What would be a great year for Cam? A heck yes we have a great player for the next 10 years kind of year.

a) 7-10th
b) 9th - 13th
c) 13th - 16th
You left off 1-6 which would get my vote:)

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle

a) 7-10th
b) 9th - 13th
c) 13th - 16th

I think he is best served as a CHF. He has the tank to go roaming so he needs to be making long leads out around the 70m mark. 35 goals would be great, but I would love him to be taking 7 or 8 marks a game with most around the 50m line!

18th, Izak Rankine is a very special talent that will be worth the grind. But with your options, if we finish in (a) then the future is extremey promising. However, (b) is where I would be 'satisfied' with come seasons end. It will show some possitive progression. Plus one more top 10 pick wouldnt hurt!

What becomes of Michael Walters in 2018. His allround ability is profoundly underrated, where is he best suited to help the FFC?

Which of these guys will still be playing for the FFC in 2019. Mundy, Sandilands, DPearce, Johnson, Ballantyne, Apeness, Spurr, Sutcliffe and Sheridan?

I think he is best served as a CHF. He has the tank to go roaming so he needs to be making long leads out around the 70m mark. 35 goals would be great, but I would love him to be taking 7 or 8 marks a game with most around the 50m line!

18th, Izak Rankine is a very special talent that will be worth the grind. But with your options, if we finish in (a) then the future is extremey promising. However, (b) is where I would be 'satisfied' with come seasons end. It will show some possitive progression. Plus one more top 10 pick wouldnt hurt!

What becomes of Michael Walters in 2018. His allround ability is profoundly underrated, where is he best suited to help the FFC?

Which of these guys will still be playing for the FFC in 2019. Mundy, Sandilands, DPearce, Johnson, Ballantyne, Apeness, Spurr, Sutcliffe and Sheridan?

I'm hoping with Picks 2 & 5 getting some game time, Walters & Bennell spend as much time forward terrorising backlines.

Mundy & Sheridan (though I'm too lazy to look at the contracts page.

Can we win a flag under Ross?

Would you trade Brayshaw and 2018 1st for Hogan?

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can we win a flag under Ross?

Would you trade Brayshaw and 2018 1st for Hogan?

Yes.
No. Assuming we finish about the same, that’s two top five players for a pipe dream.

Will Port’s drafting of talented but flakey players pay dividends?
How will AFLX be received by the public?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will Port’s drafting of talented but flakey players pay dividends?
How will AFLX be received by the public?

No. They still aren't good enough to win a premiership. Reeks of desperation imo.
Thumbs down. Too much new stuff too soon. AFLW should be the focus and will pay far higher dividends. AFLX will be a novelty for those of us desperate to watch some footy but it'll quickly be forgotten come the main season just like JLT.

1. Who on our list will get a Rising Star nomination in 2018?
2. Which of our players is most likely to have a break out season and why?

Back