Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

They have these things called timers so you can water at night, so the water actually permeates the ground instead of evaporating in the sun.

Apparently you need to avoid windy times of the day however, so this can influence watering times on a day to day basis

Also watering in the evening can promote the growth of micro organisms in the turf, so this is often avoided

Water can still evaporate at night, the ground still holds temp long after the sun has gone and humidity is higher at night. The best time is early morning

Apparently you need to avoid windy times of the day however, so this can influence watering times on a day to day basis

Also watering in the evening can promote the growth of micro organisms in the turf, so this is often avoided

Fair enough. They were watering at 3.30pm when I saw it though.

Speaking of environmental issues, I'd like Stig to explain why the club takes money from AGL, one of Australia's biggest polluters, when it has such a 'right-on' stance about other social issues.

Fair enough. They were watering at 3.30pm when I saw it though.

Speaking of environmental issues, I'd like Stig to explain why the club takes money from AGL, one of Australia's biggest polluters, when it has such a 'right-on' stance about other social issues.

Are we still sponsored by agl?? I thought they left with decor

RFC_Official Can you update on the sponsorship situation?

So far this off season weve lost Decor, AGL, and Caydon, but we are yet to hear news of any replacement

And have we had any further progress replacing ME Bank?

RFC_Official hello, just a small suggestion, though don't know what can come of it.

Regarding the Tiger Store closure over Christmas, some more information on the front page of the website would be good in future.

My Dad took my girlfriend to the store last Wednesday (11th Jan) to exchange a jacket size and found it to be closed, though given training was back we just assumed it would be open.

We don't mind so much, but they ran into a 5 year old boy who had been brought there by his grandparents from really far away, taken two trains, all ready to spend his christmas money on a Richmond scarf to complete his outfit. Apparently, in the grandparents words, the boy was 'shattered'.

They said there was no information on the website...

I just clicked Superstore on the website to look at gear, and by absolute chance saw the scrolling banner that advises of the closure dates. Most people wouldn't see that if they came to richmondfc.com.au looking for that info, so it would be good to have a constant banner on the main page that is temporary, advising of closure dates until the store is open again, something like that in the future.

Cheers mate, sorry for the lengthy mail !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFC_Official Can you update on the sponsorship situation?

So far this off season weve lost Decor, AGL, and Caydon, but we are yet to hear news of any replacement

And have we had any further progress replacing ME Bank?

You are right with the ones who are no longer with the club for 2017 rfctiger74, and I'd love to be able to update their replacements, as well as for the facility, but at this point there isn't anything officially locked in. I believe a VFL partner is just about set, and others are still being worked on.

RFC_Official hello, just a small suggestion, though don't know what can come of it.

Regarding the Tiger Store closure over Christmas, some more information on the front page of the website would be good in future.

My Dad took my girlfriend to the store last Wednesday (11th Jan) to exchange a jacket size and found it to be closed, though given training was back we just assumed it would be open.

We don't mind so much, but they ran into a 5 year old boy who had been brought there by his grandparents from really far away, taken two trains, all ready to spend his christmas money on a Richmond scarf to complete his outfit. Apparently, in the grandparents words, the boy was 'shattered'.

They said there was no information on the website...

I just clicked Superstore on the website to look at gear, and by absolute chance saw the scrolling banner that advises of the closure dates. Most people wouldn't see that if they came to richmondfc.com.au looking for that info, so it would be good to have a constant banner on the main page that is temporary, advising of closure dates until the store is open again, something like that in the future.

Cheers mate, sorry for the lengthy mail !

Appreciate the feedback RobsJourney. We did do an article on the main site - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-12-23/richmond-holiday-office-closure - with some social media around the office and Superstore closure, but it was probably too close to Christmas for some and may have fallen down the website as other articles came online. Probably some follow ups during the break would have solved that issue. If you have any further details on the family you mentioned, just let me know and we'll see what we can do for the youngster.

Appreciate the feedback RobsJourney. We did do an article on the main site - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-12-23/richmond-holiday-office-closure - with some social media around the office and Superstore closure, but it was probably too close to Christmas for some and may have fallen down the website as other articles came online. Probably some follow ups during the break would have solved that issue. If you have any further details on the family you mentioned, just let me know and we'll see what we can do for the youngster.
Thanks mate :)

Unfortunately, I don't know the family or have any details. Hopefully they read BigFooty !

No idea where to post this but this is burning me inside.
I was driving up the carpark known as Punt Road and I saw numbers 1-6 on the net behind the goals, anyone able to shed some light on what they mean/represent?

Sorry if it's been brought up before, but when do round 1 tickets generally go on sale?

Nothing confirmed yet. Last year they went on-sale to members at the start of March and then an issue with Ticketek pushed the general public sale back another ten days.

I would expect they would be released to members at a similar time, and barring no more issues, general public a day or two later.

For all the JLT Community Series fans, tickets for that go on-sale to members on Jan 31 and general public on Feb 1.

I will not release the PUMA to you or your children or your children's children... for one more week.
That was brilliant Stig.
Made me actually laugh out loud in front of my computer - keep up the references! Loved it

It's a perfectly cromulent reference. This Sunshine Coast humidity has got to me.
hqdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back