Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously? I asked the organiser of it just before I posted. Send me a DM mate, and I'll try and organise something for you next week. Sorry about that.

Found out they cancelled it due to poor weather. I understand that these things happen, but the weather was predictably poor and it was still up on Facebook rather than modified so people could still head over and find out its not on.

Still, I know it's a big day for the club and all hands were on deck working and very busy, so not too worried. s**t happens.

Thanks so much for the offer- but they said theyd be doing the patches next game so I'll sort it then.

What time will the preliminary final start? I know it depends on who the tigers play but I would like to know the options ie. 5.15 if against GWS or 2.40 if against WC. Does anyone know???

What time will the preliminary final start? I know it depends on who the tigers play but I would like to know the options ie. 5.15 if against GWS or 2.40 if against WC. Does anyone know???
Depends on what time the team we play would need to get a flight back home.
Twilight against GWS I assume (4:45 like the Hawks Port Game of 2014 or 5:15 like the Dogs GWS game of last year) West Coast will either be the same or will be 3:20 because I think that's the afternoon time Channel 7 prefer.

RFC_Official Any idea as to whether putting multiple people (barcodes) down on the same ballot reduces the chance of getting tickets. I.e., does putting 3 people on the same ballot make it 3 times less likely that we will all get a ticket than if we had nominated individually?

RFC_Official Any idea as to whether putting multiple people (barcodes) down on the same ballot reduces the chance of getting tickets. I.e., does putting 3 people on the same ballot make it 3 times less likely that we will all get a ticket than if we had nominated individually?

If you're all Priority 1, it won't have any impact. If you're P2 or 3, it shouldn't either as the barcodes are selected at random until the club allocation is exhausted.

If you're all Priority 1, it won't have any impact. If you're P2 or 3, it shouldn't either as the barcodes are selected at random until the club allocation is exhausted.
We're all P2. Its one in all in though isn't it? Wouldn't all three barcodes have to be selected to get the tickets? E.g if one was selected but not the other two, that one would miss out?

We're all P2. Its one in all in though isn't it? Wouldn't all three barcodes have to be selected to get the tickets? E.g if one was selected but not the other two, that one would miss out?
The random selection will target registrations, not individual barcodes. If a registration has multiple barcodes in it then all barcodes will be selected.

Are you sure? Don't want to doubt you but it's not what RFC_Official said above and want to have the very best chance of getting tics
I'd be surprised if it's not correct (and RFCO actually means it picks registrations, not individual barcodes) and the algorithm used by Ticketek doesn't pick a registration & check that there are enough tickets to satisfy the request before either allocating it the requested number of tickets or moving on to the next one.

Yes, sorry shouldn't have said it selects barcodes. As Maroo says, it will select the registration at random and include all within that registration.

I just spoke to a lady on the phone at RFC who recommended going in pairs because larger groups will affect your chances...seems to be confusion out there about this issue
well I would imagine if they have the last 2 seats to go and your registration gets picked but you have 3 barcodes yours is going to get skipped and the next registration of 1 or 2 seats are then going to get the tickets. right?

RFC_Official, bombarding you at the moment with lots of queries but have a few as I'm considering MRC next year for my cheapest option to get a grand final ticket guarantee.

As an MCC member, but only restricted, anything like 3121 doesn't really add value. I currently have the richmond MCC membership.

1-Are we able to bring a guest into the MRC functions or must each attendee be a member?

2-Is the price the same for MCC members as it is for public?

3- it mentions on the website that MRC is sold out. Is that referencing the 2017 season or the upcoming 2018 season?

Thanks! If you can't answer these I'm happy to contact the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well I would imagine if they have the last 2 seats to go and your registration gets picked but you have 3 barcodes yours is going to get skipped and the next registration of 1 or 2 seats are then going to get the tickets. right?

That would be my understanding of it too as seats get more scarce, but AFL/Ticketek say the system won't randomly choose or dismiss one registration over another based on the number of barcodes in either. This is the fourth time I've done this and it defies basic logic. Unfortunately, ultimately the call has to be yours based on the information, or lack there of, available and what you think gives you the best chance.

Just like me youre not eligible for the ballot unless your Richmond membership has a barcode which means you have upgraded

This is the best info I have on AFL Members, I hope it helps...

Gold/Full AFL Members
- Have a Richmond Priority 1 product– will be eligible in BOTH Club ballot and AFL Onsale
- Have a Richmond P2 or P3 product (NO AFL discount on their RFC product) – will be eligible in BOTH Club ballot and AFL Onsale
- Have a Richmond P2 or P3 product (WITH AFL discount on RFC product) – will need to choose either Richmond or AFL – should encourage AFL as that is guaranteed
- No Richmond product – AFL Onsale only

All Silver AFL members with an eligible Richmond Ballot product should be encourage to register through the Richmond ballot, cannot guarantee availability of an AFL Silver Competing Club onsale.

Silver Members with a discounted Richmond product who are successful in the Club Ballot will be ineligible for AFL onsale

RFC_Official, bombarding you at the moment with lots of queries but have a few as I'm considering MRC next year for my cheapest option to get a grand final ticket guarantee.

As an MCC member, but only restricted, anything like 3121 doesn't really add value. I currently have the richmond MCC membership.

1-Are we able to bring a guest into the MRC functions or must each attendee be a member?

2-Is the price the same for MCC members as it is for public?

3- it mentions on the website that MRC is sold out. Is that referencing the 2017 season or the upcoming 2018 season?

Thanks! If you can't answer these I'm happy to contact the club.

Hey mate, I'll get you some answers for these.

You're doing an amazing job Stig. You and all staff at the Club!

Corporate Sales staff have been amazing in dealing with Function demand and seating requests. Membership staff will be experiencing unprecedented demand. Digital media and Stakeholder staff will be slaving away, and I haven't mentioned football!

Even Finance is busy.....being Finance!

Thanks Stig!

The level of Club Service has been great.

Haere Ra

This is the best info I have on AFL Members, I hope it helps...

Gold/Full AFL Members
- Have a Richmond Priority 1 product– will be eligible in BOTH Club ballot and AFL Onsale
- Have a Richmond P2 or P3 product (NO AFL discount on their RFC product) – will be eligible in BOTH Club ballot and AFL Onsale
- Have a Richmond P2 or P3 product (WITH AFL discount on RFC product) – will need to choose either Richmond or AFL – should encourage AFL as that is guaranteed
- No Richmond product – AFL Onsale only

All Silver AFL members with an eligible Richmond Ballot product should be encourage to register through the Richmond ballot, cannot guarantee availability of an AFL Silver Competing Club onsale.

Silver Members with a discounted Richmond product who are successful in the Club Ballot will be ineligible for AFL onsale

What does the AFL discount mean? I am an AFL Richmond with RFC club support. What category does that fall into?

You're doing an amazing job Stig. You and all staff at the Club!

Corporate Sales staff have been amazing in dealing with Function demand and seating requests. Membership staff will be experiencing unprecedented demand. Digital media and Stakeholder staff will be slaving away, and I haven't mentioned football!

Even Finance is busy.....being Finance!

Thanks Stig!

The level of Club Service has been great.

Haere Ra
Second that, always one of the best business to deal with for any reason and your engagement is second to none!

What are the chances of changing up the homecoming hero slightly by giving Ivan Maric the send off he deserves during the preliminary final in front of the Tiger faithful?
Couldn't think of a more fitting occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the chances of changing up the homecoming hero slightly by giving Ivan Maric the send off he deserves during the preliminary final in front of the Tiger faithful?
Couldn't think of a more fitting occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might be playing in a VFL granny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back