Mega Thread Questions that don't warrant a thread thread & other stray dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Sydney
Jonesy

Does anyone know what Sarah Jones role is going to be on Fox Footy?

She hasn't appeared on After The Bounce to date, she was a regular last season.

She hasn't been sitting at the news desk on FSN - Julian de Stoop seems to be covering most of the Melbourne stuff.

Have seen her very briefly at press conferences and as a roving reporter.

Thought the 24 hour dedicated channel would provide viewers with more of Jonesy, but somehow has resulted in less.....?

Anyone got any info?

aussiedude

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Re: Jonesy

last time i saw her she was doing the cricket, might be taking time off before the season starts.

hayes

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bulls
Re: Jonesy

I think I remember her being in a Fox Footy promo ad. I enjoy looking at her so the more of Jonesy the better.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
open mike

gday guys,

originally they were going to show one with dermie this week but with whats happened they have been showing the jim stynes episode. does anyone know if/when they will show it, i think they have a buckley episode tonight

Elixuh

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
Moderator #59
Re: Questions that don't warrant a thread thread

Is anyone else having issues with the 'AFL match replay center' on the website? It doesn't recognise that i'm in Australia. It has been like this for a week now.

rhaz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne

why is the essendon/port game delayed, i thought all games that 7 were showing were going to be live?

bradrowe#32

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers

why is the essendon/port game delayed, i thought all games that 7 were showing were going to be live?
All games are live except for the Saturday arvo, which starts at 3pm so it runs into the news. Is this right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aussiedude

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford

Only live on Foxtel, the Sat Arvo games on 7 will always be on a 90min delay to run into the 6PM news.

7 Never said that all games were live just the night games.

Warsaw

Leviathan
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

Whose idea was it for coaches and players to front the post game pressser. Not a fan, much rather it just be the coach.

CF

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
Fox Footy "The Matrix" thing

Did anyone see that pathetic special effect they were trying to spruke over last weekend? The slow mo thing that gives an almost 3D view of the player by panning around him.

I nearly puked when they started saying it was just like the movie "The Matrix"

Made themselves look very lame for something that they will rarely use for real (as they need 30 cameras apparently to get the effect) and doesn't look that good or add anything special anyway.

what a bunch of wankers :D

When will they learn that most footy viewers don't want all that bells & whistles stuff and usually it just ends up taking up time over the actual game (just look at how channel 7 are overdoing this crap). Just give us the game the way it has always been.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle
Re: Fox Footy "The Matrix" thing

I see that the scores on the ground have also been thankfully abandoned, and yet they're not using the one that actually would have been neat - a statistical representation of how likely a given player is to kick a set shot from that spot, based on I assume that player's entire past career.

enzso

Senior List
AFL Club
Carlton

I see that the scores on the ground have also been thankfully abandoned, and yet they're not using the one that actually would have been neat - a statistical representation of how likely a given player is to kick a set shot from that spot, based on I assume that player's entire past career.
Stay tuned - it'll be back.

CF

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,

The moving of my thread to here just underscores why I quit being a mod. Well done mods you live up to your reps beautifully.

YOTC

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
[ ] Check Boxes

The moving of my thread to here just underscores why I quit being a mod. Well done mods you live up to your reps beautifully.
You think your crappy little post about Fox Footy's graphics needs a thread for itself?

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle

Whose idea was it for coaches and players to front the post game pressser. Not a fan, much rather it just be the coach.
The AFL, and it is a farce. Sewell has rightly questioned the wisdom of it.

The press just plain aren't interested in what a player's insight into a given game is when the coach is there. No one is.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Anybody see/know how many "goalpost cams" there are at the MCG? I'm thinking 2 or 3 at each end at different angles...
And they seem a lot more slimline than the one they used the other year in the Hall of Fame Vic vs All-Stars game.
As a goal umpire, loving watching these angles, gotta say!

PHX

Quarterback Style
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Baltimore Ravens
What's the go with the TV schedule for next year? I can't find what is fox and what is FTA anywhere. Are they doing a type of flex schedule as they go or am I blind?

Top Bottom