Mega Thread Questions that don't warrant a thread thread & other stray dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Who was the commentator for the Hawthorn v GWS game yesterday?

Didn't watch the game but only saw the highlights package and he sounded like a decent caller but hadn't ever heard him before...

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Does anyone know whatever became of the website thescore.com.au? They used to provide AFL coverage among all their other sporting scores but they have provided no AFL scores since the beginning of 2016.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
I live in Brisbane, love my footy, but I feel the current coverage on 7mate, doesn't really help to grow the game in Queensland.

Currently all games on 7mate, most weekends is 4 games live, sometimes 3, always includes Lions and Suns games. But the extra Channel 7 AFL shows are either not shown or past midnight.

Should Channel 7 in Queensland have all games on the main channel, go head to head with the NRL. Show the games scheduled for Friday, Sat arvo, Sat night, Sunday. With who ever plays in those time slots, meaning Lions and Suns will probably miss out on coverage. Where possible fit the AFL talk shows, flashbacks, etc on 7 or not have them at all?

Or

Keep it on 7mate, Lions and Suns every game. But have all the AFL talk shows, pre and post, flashbacks, etc on 7mate same as Melbourne.

Currently it is in a bit of limbo. Just not sure if the AFL and Channel 7 are getting there best bamg for buck in Queensland.

Peoples thoughts?

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watching The Bounce on Foxtel for the first time in a long time (it really is pretty shitty and reminds me why I switched off a long time ago).
I hadn't seen Simon O'Donnell on tv for ages and am wondering if he is medically ok.
Seems very sluggish, almost punch drunk and just very flat.
Odd.

Archer_11

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Quick question....don't know where to post this...sorry if it's been discussed ad nauseam, I can't find it on search.

Question is...what is the HD like on the Foxtel Now Footy Play channel? And can you watch replays in HD?

I know Telstra has the Footy Pass thing which is good for what it is, but it's a veritable country mile away from HD. So really curious on what Foxtel Now do here considering you can't record using the service.

Thanks in advance.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
While watching talking footy in the lead up to the media awards, BT was talking about feuds in the media - Robbo vs everybody is easy but Triple M vs 3AW got a mention too. Now not living in Victoria, what the story behind this supposed feud or is the Triple M vs 3AW things just tongue in cheek?

Dec 19, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle SuperSonics, SA Spurs
While watching talking footy in the lead up to the media awards, BT was talking about feuds in the media - Robbo vs everybody is easy but Triple M vs 3AW got a mention too. Now not living in Victoria, what the story behind this supposed feud or is the Triple M vs 3AW things just tongue in cheek?
Something to do with BT leaving MMM for 3AW, then returning to MMM.

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
What is the reason for wearing the kfc buckets on your head at the cricket?
The major sponsor KFC had as their marketing spin this season as the 'Bucket-head Army', i guess a kind of riposte to the 'Barmy Army' for the Ashes this summer. Hence providing KFC buckets for the purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemma

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2010
Fogarty St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He wrote an article about Josh Kelly staying at GWS, and started the article with something like: "For every coke-snorting night-club hopping AFL player, there's one who is starting a charity"

I think he was trying to say that there's plenty of players who have social conscience, but it came off like he was calling a bunch of AFL players coke-snorting nightclub hoppers, which is what Jack took exception to.

Herald Sun articles have got an AutoPlay video in them.

How on earth do I turn them off permanently?

Thanks

this is what they say:
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/h...n/news-story/2609dd15837d4c1a0e20e331fd39b2da

LOVE our videos but don’t want them to autoplay? Once the video has started to play, pause it and then click the menu icon in top right corner of the video to turn on/off the autoplay feature.
------------
I clicked the menu icon on a video, but it wouldn't let me switch off the autoplay.

Diamond Jim

All Australian
Aug 30, 2007
Near the fat Pie-eater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LUFC
894B4478-267B-4901-8A5B-F7799F2B3D60.jpeg
He wrote an article about Josh Kelly staying at GWS, and started the article with something like: "For every coke-snorting night-club hopping AFL player, there's one who is starting a charity"

I think he was trying to say that there's plenty of players who have social conscience, but it came off like he was calling a bunch of AFL players coke-snorting nightclub hoppers, which is what Jack took exception to.

John Ralph has a seriously limited intellect. I once tweeted something agreeing with his view...and he blocked me. Everytime I see his mug on Fox now I just see the mouse in a wheel behind his eyes.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
**What was said?**

Anyone know what was said on SEN breakfast that forced them to issue an on air apology at the end of the show?
I'm pretty sure it was the horse trainer bloke who, when talking about a horse being really dumb, said: "if he was a human he'd be licking windows and be sold at the not quite right shop"

Last edited:

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe I should until the footy season starts. I like his footy related stuff and taste in music but his need to argue with twitter pleb #4512 is annoying.
This is the story of social media in general society today. WHY DO PEOPLE CARE WHAT SOMEONE THINKS ??? Who. gives. a . *!

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
In the Herald-Sun on Friday on page 79 Scott Gullan wrote in his column The Score of how a Richmond supporter had been trying to obtain all 22 signatures of the Tigers' 2017 premiership team on a Richmond jumper. This week the fan attended a Richmond training session at Punt Road and had only one signature to get to complete his 22, this player being Josh Caddy. The fan spoke to a Richmond official who took the jumper and went looking for Caddy. When the official returned he had not only obtained Caddy's signature but he also had new recruit Tom Lynch sign the jumper because he was next to Caddy at the time. Gullan finishes this story by stating "You can imagine the reaction".
Is Gullan stating the fan would be displeased because Lynch was not part of the premiership team or that he would be happy to have an extra signature?

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the Herald-Sun on Friday on page 79 Scott Gullan wrote in his column The Score of how a Richmond supporter had been trying to obtain all 22 signatures of the Tigers' 2017 premiership team on a Richmond jumper. This week the fan attended a Richmond training session at Punt Road and had only one signature to get to complete his 22, this player being Josh Caddy. The fan spoke to a Richmond official who took the jumper and went looking for Caddy. When the official returned he had not only obtained Caddy's signature but he also had new recruit Tom Lynch sign the jumper because he was next to Caddy at the time. Gullan finishes this story by stating "You can imagine the reaction".
Is Gullan stating the fan would be displeased because Lynch was not part of the premiership team or that he would be happy to have an extra signature?
If I were Gullan, I'd be inferring the fan would be strongly displeased. The guy hasn't even played a game for the club yet and then he squiggles on the premiership merch, it's a dilemma no doubt

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If I were Gullan, I'd be inferring the fan would be strongly displeased. The guy hasn't even played a game for the club yet and then he squiggles on the premiership merch, it's a dilemma no doubt
Bit Like getting Bobservation Murphy’s signature.

Very few reach the lofty heights of premiership player and not actually play.

:greenalien:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back