Mega Thread Questions that don't warrant a thread thread & other stray dogs

Alberton

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never again.

From now on I'll record the game and just listen on the radio.

I'll then watch the game later so I can skip through the coaching soliloquys, the blatant highlighting of anything MRP-worthy and the outright barracking.

Absolutely ruined the game for me on Saturday.

smoovy

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
God's country
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC AUFC
Never again.

From now on I'll record the game and just listen on the radio.

I'll then watch the game later so I can skip through the coaching soliloquys, the blatant highlighting of anything MRP-worthy and the outright barracking.

Absolutely ruined the game for me on Saturday.

I feel your pain

Quit as CEO of coaches association.

Hasnt been in the media for weeks.

I dont think its an illness.
He was on MMM after he quit as CEO so I don't think that's related. But it is strange. Dunstall just said he's "taking a few weeks off".

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
In tonight's post-match press conference, I notice Michaelangelo Rucci was wearing an official South Sydney Rabbitohs jacket. This is a strange decision when reporting on a rival code. Will the AFL issue a please explain?

Petrie4PM

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi Guys. Can someone help me out?

I live in Wollongong NSW (1.5 hours down from Sydney). I have FM 1, FM 2 and AM in my car on the radio. I have tuned every channel in and can not get any footy stations (either ONLY AFL talk or station that has lots of footy chat/interviews/match calling etc). I do not know what I am doing wrong? Is it because I am in SYDNEY? I listen to some games online via afl site and using list of stations (sen, abc, etc).

Can someone tell me how I can listen to footy radio/footy talk on my radio at home?

Cheers

10Dulkar

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2013
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't help you there Petrie but just listen online would be my advice.

Is Leigh Matthews stepping down from his media commitments to take up a greater role at Brisbane? I have read recently he won't be at 3AW or on Seven next season. 3AW will be a lot poorer for no Lethal, Mike and Cameron Ling.

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big story on AFL website today was that, a year after being given the no 23 guernsey, Tim O'Brien is still fairly comfortable with it, something he said a year ago when he actually got it. In fact, I would go so far as to say the article is basically a carbon copy of the one from a year ago.

(didn't think this was worth starting a thread for).

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Big story on AFL website today was that, a year after being given the no 23 guernsey, Tim O'Brien is still fairly comfortable with it, something he said a year ago when he actually got it. In fact, I would go so far as to say the article is basically a carbon copy of the one from a year ago.

(didn't think this was worth starting a thread for).

Definition of off-season journalism (especially now the draft is done and dusted).

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Didn't think this was worth starting a thread for either, and didn't know where else to post it. This was an article from The Sporting Globe, July 20, 1949, page 14:

South Australia have a unique chance to become champion Australian football state for 1949. They must defeat Victoria in the interstate game on Saturday to win the honour of being the only unbeaten state.
The Victorians leave Melbourne by plane Thursday and will train at the Adelaide Oval that afternoon.
Victoria thrashed WA at Melbourne. In turn the Westerners were beaten by SA in Adelaide. Both WA and Victoria have beaten New South Wales.
Therefore the game on Saturday should give either Victoria or SA an unbeaten record.
The Victorian team is not as strong as the side that defeated WA on June 26.

The headline that preceded this article stated: SA Have Big Chance To Be "utensil" State.
I wonder what that meant back then? Hmm.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
How long from now will Fox Footy announce their programming for the 2015 season, as well as which hosts/stars/etc have left and who may have joined since last year?

How long from now will Fox Footy announce their programming for the 2015 season, as well as which hosts/stars/etc have left and who may have joined since last year?
Eddie mentioned on MMM the other week (when getting questioned on his and Derms weekly show getting chopped) that Fox were doing some different things, things that were part of the reason he went to Fox Footy when it launched... So I'm interested to see what they have in store for us

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Eddie mentioned on MMM the other week (when getting questioned on his and Derms weekly show getting chopped) that Fox were doing some different things, things that were part of the reason he went to Fox Footy when it launched... So I'm interested to see what they have in store for us
Mysterious! Looking forward to it.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
-Anyone got a promotional code for SEN Inside Football subscription?
-Anyone got a link to somewhere where you can purchase 2015 AFL Fixture Wall posters?

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Why do I need a live pass to stream match replays on the afl site now? what a joke.
You should still be able to watch the replays on the website, but they are usually only available 12+ hours later.

Vicstralia

Draftee
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have been waiting for someone in any media position to highlight the free kicks that should have been paid to Dangerfield on the weekend against Melbourne/Vince. To no avail, If a Selwood or Pendelbury had received this treatment there would have been so many free kicks paid - Vince would have been called off the tag by quarter time. The melee was a direct result of umpires who were blatantly ignoring free kicks

Back