'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed Football Evaluation

Hi Guys,

Hope there is a hawker out there that might be able to help me.

I have a signed Sherrin footy from about 10 years ago (VW Logo on it)

It is signed by both Allan Jeans and Peter Knights.

I want to get it insured, but not sure if I should bother, or what it would be worth.

Anyone out there have any ideas on the matter?

Cheers,

Re: Signed Football Evaluation

Well, I know that signed footballs aren't a huge ticket these days like they used to be, but the fact you have Jeans' signature adds value to the ball. You'd need to keep the ball well stored, away from direct sunlight, etc. Also, you'd want to be sure the pen used for the signature ensures they won't fade in time. Plus, keep the ball inflated if possible. As for the value, find someone who deals in sporting memorabilia and ask them for a valuation. If you think it's worth it, then think about insuring it. Check into your home and contents insurance to see if it may be covered.

Oh .. if Peter Knights signed the ball at the same time as Yabbie, then perhaps arrange a certificate of authenticity from Peter. Perhaps the club can help you with that.

Cant help the OP out but I have a large framed (A1) condition 2007 Club photograph (singed by all the players)....for sale. (reluctant). I have no idea what that would be worth either?

[youtube]p_gJTGmR9hs[/youtube]

just looking through youtube found this...it says played in between rounds 16 and 17. When did the night time premiership become the pre season and how did teams cope with playing mid week?

I have a question regarding Travis Tuck. Apparently he's going to be training at Melbourne over summer due to his connections with one of our new assistant line coaches - Paul Satterly.

Is he good enough to make it ? I note he's played 20 games, but his stats for a mid are pretty underwhelming, that said I acknowledge that he was just starting out in his career. I often heard Brereton carrying on about how good he was going to be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

He's certainly got the body for a real 'crash' role. And he knows no fear. But to me his disposal really lets him down, particularly his kicking and lack of penetration. Might be worth a look considering the redemption factor and the famed 'late developer' genetics.

I love Dermie, but sometimes his judgment is tad weird.

[youtube]p_gJTGmR9hs[/youtube]

just looking through youtube found this...it says played in between rounds 16 and 17. When did the night time premiership become the pre season and how did teams cope with playing mid week?
It wasn't like they were training much during the week?

Cant help the OP out but I have a large framed (A1) condition 2007 Club photograph (singed by all the players)....for sale. (reluctant). I have no idea what that would be worth either?

Put it on eBay and let the market decide :thumbsu:

How does the pre-season and rookie draft work? Do we have allocated picks for the rookie draft? I understand you can't choose anyone in the preseason draft if you used all your draft picks in the national draft.

How does the pre-season and rookie draft work? Do we have allocated picks for the rookie draft? I understand you can't choose anyone in the preseason draft if you used all your draft picks in the national draft.
There's more to it but...

We have until a certain date to delist more players. If we don't, we don't have any picks in the PSD. We have 6 positions on our Rookie list. NSW scholarship players aren't included in the total. ATM we have Schnieder, and Wanganeen on the list as Langford is a NSW Scholarship player. So going into the draft we have the opportunity to draft 4 players to the rookie list.

make sense?

We have until a certain date to delist more players. If we don't, we don't have any picks in the PSD. We have 6 positions on our Rookie list. NSW scholarship players aren't included in the total. ATM we have Schnieder, and Wanganeen on the list as Langford is a NSW Scholarship player. So going into the draft we have the opportunity to draft 4 players to the rookie list.

make sense?
Makes perfect sense. Cheers for clearing that up. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

make sense?

And I would be surprised if one of those rookie draft picks isnt used to re-rookie PJ.

We delisted Rookies:

Johnson
Menagola
Milne
Breust (Rookie Upgrade)

So we have 4 picks in the RD. My question is since this year we have elected not to fill the 2 NSW scholership spots left by Mahony & Sierakowski, do we get that opportunity next season to draft two more. Or have we missed our chance? Next year we have 46 players on our list insted of 48.

Or have we missed our chance? Next year we have 46 players on our list insted of 48.

Missed our chance - nominations were due last week. So besides Langford, no NSW rookies this year.

EDIT: your math isn't quite right (Siera was promoted to a normal rookie spot in '11, but his loss is offset by Ossie going onto the Veterans' list) but in the end, you're correct we have four picks.

Missed our chance - nominations were due last week. So besides Langford, no NSW rookies this year.

EDIT: your math isn't quite right (Siera was promoted to a normal rookie spot in '11, but his loss is offset by Ossie going onto the Veterans' list) but in the end, you're correct we have four picks.

Ohh sorry I actually thought he was still part of the NSW rookie system, had no idea he could be upgraded. In saying that is Langford a chance for a rookie upgrade next year, by all reports he played well in the reserves.

Anyone here know if you guys are training at Sandringham? I went past yesterday about 10am and saw a heap of white, brown and gold t shirts and couldn't think of anyone else. Can't imagine VFL teams would be training at that time. Found it strange as I thought Waverley would be available all year round.

Anyone here know if you guys are training at Sandringham? I went past yesterday about 10am and saw a heap of white, brown and gold t shirts and couldn't think of anyone else. Can't imagine VFL teams would be training at that time. Found it strange as I thought Waverley would be available all year round.

it is but they do go off site sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back