Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to get rid of the 'New Media' section above the main forums? It's really annoying, it loads slowly and re-formats the page once it does, leading to me trying to click in one place and then it moving down a few lines resulting in me clicking something else.

Is it possible to get rid of the 'New Media' section above the main forums? It's really annoying, it loads slowly and re-formats the page once it does, leading to me trying to click in one place and then it moving down a few lines resulting in me clicking something else.

We are changing the theme so it might end up in the side bar.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you select "Default" as your theme? Far bottom left you should find the theme option.

clearing your last hour of history in your browser fixes it as well if the default theme doesn't, assuming you go the clear in the first hour after clicking desktop

It shows up as a spoiler, unless they are quoting someone in which case it all shows up. I would prefer it completely hid the poster altogether though.
Yeah - that is just how the Tapatalk guys have done it. It's a third party solution so we can make suggestions to them but it is up to them how they resolve these features in the app setting.

Yeah - that is just how the Tapatalk guys have done it. It's a third party solution so we can make suggestions to them but it is up to them how they resolve these features in the app setting.
Might just use the web version on my phone until repeatedly banned posters aren't allowed to return then.

Might just use the web version on my phone until repeatedly banned posters aren't allowed to return then.
If there is a banned poster causing trouble, please report their posts.

Dear BigFooty Moderators,
I started a thread today in the North Melb. section highlighting an idea Craig Hutchison floated on the TV show 'Talking Footy' this week.
His idea was that North should move to Hobart (Tasmania) permanently.
I also posted a link to a youtube video where he discussed the point.

The thread got deleted within 1 hour. I don't know why.
I re-read the rules, and I can't see any rule my thread contravened.
There was no reason given to me why the thread was deleted (I'm thinking of whirlpool where any mod. action gets highlighted).

Can anyone shed any light on why my thread was deleted?
Cheers

Dear BigFooty Moderators,
I started a thread today in the North Melb. section highlighting an idea Craig Hutchison floated on the TV show 'Talking Footy' this week.
His idea was that North should move to Hobart (Tasmania) permanently.
I also posted a link to a youtube video where he discussed the point.

The thread got deleted within 1 hour. I don't know why.
I re-read the rules, and I can't see any rule my thread contravened.
There was no reason given to me why the thread was deleted (I'm thinking of whirlpool where any mod. action gets highlighted).

Can anyone shed any light on why my thread was deleted?
Cheers

Have you asked the mods?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Chief , I just tried to start a private conversation with a poster and I couldn't get it to start, a message kept coming up (You may not start a conversation with the following recipients .....). We exchange ideas quite regularly and agree on most things and there has never been animosity, just wondering why it would be the case that I can't start a PM with this poster? Thanks.

Hi Chief , I just tried to start a private conversation with a poster and I couldn't get it to start, a message kept coming up (You may not start a conversation with the following recipients .....). We exchange ideas quite regularly and agree on most things and there has never been animosity, just wondering why it would be the case that I can't start a PM with this poster? Thanks.

He might only allow convos from people he follows. You can do that in privacy settings. Try following him.

Hi,

The last 2 times I have been automatically logged out and prompted to log back in (once a month), when I have put in my username and password, I am then taken to the 2-step verification page to input a code from my authenticator app and it hasn't worked. I get an error message. I have been forced to use my backup codes in order to log in.

I am wondering if this is a problem on my end or Big Footy's. In case it is important, I have upgraded to a new phone in that time, not sure if that could be the issue?

Thanks.

In case it is important, I have upgraded to a new phone in that time, not sure if that could be the issue?

Yep, that's likely the problem as the device ID will have changed.

Is there a 'tactics and strategies' board?

I like discussing the game's tactics and hearing other's theories in ways that go beyond the matchups, effort and umpires discussion of the Game Day threads.

Maybe even with a 'magnet board' proforma to explain things or discuss ideas. Like boundary throw in scenarios etc.

Maybe there wouldn't be enough interest...

Is there a 'tactics and strategies' board?

I like discussing the game's tactics and hearing other's theories in ways that go beyond the matchups, effort and umpires discussion of the Game Day threads.

Maybe even with a 'magnet board' proforma to explain things or discuss ideas. Like boundary throw in scenarios etc.

Maybe there wouldn't be enough interest...
We could start with a thread prefix on the main board?

Can you please stop sending me emails about tipping. I've ticked this and it still keeps sending it. Thanks.
QoiHt2l.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back