Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

Why am I all of a sudden getting alerts for one poster I follow, for one specific thread?

I have not watched the thread before, nor received any of Bowakawa's alerts like this before
View attachment 1615725
Thanks for reporting it - there is something up with the addon that controls that.

Do you get them for any other threads? Users you don't watch?
I had the same thing with my dear friend cats2rise, who I must have been following for years. Randomly started getting notified about replies into one thread that I'd never heard of.

Eventually I unfollowed and re-followed (making sure to uncheck relevant boxes), and that seems to have done the trick.

Chief - is the BIG INTEREST GROUP's war chest 💵big💵 enough to upgrade the BigFooty emojis to the latest Joypixels version?
I don't know what any of that means, I'm sorry :D

I don't know what any of that means, I'm sorry :D
BigFooty uses the emoji image packs from Joypixels or at least the help/smilies/ page says that. I was just wondering if we could get an update to one of the more recent packs (like 7.0 because the All Smiles 1.5 pack is Version 6.0 + extra and no Melt Face Emoji), but I think there is a license cost for business use, so I was hesitant to ask.

Yes! zackah or me when we win and are still bottom of the ladder.

Last edited:
No we use Twemoji the admin option says.
Ah. I see now.

BF is using a mixture of old and new. It does use the latest Twemoji version (14.0.2) which has recent emojis, but I assume they have just not been given short codes or linked in Xenforo so users can select them in the Smilies selector when creating a post.

Ie.
🖖 is selectable and uses Twemoji library for its image or by writing : vulcan : in the post

but no melt face in the selectable emojis list etc :(

There appears to be advertisements, presented as notifications. Something about game to next level and boots was the latest. Sorry, closed before I thought to screengrab.

How come I, as a premium user, are seeing these?

There appears to be advertisements, presented as notifications. Something about game to next level and boots was the latest. Sorry, closed before I thought to screengrab.

How come I, as a premium user, are seeing these?
The membership removes banner ads, but you have a point. I can set that notice to exclude Platinum members.

Oh actually, it has been two threads now!
and

Only had notifications for Bowakawa, no other users.
Hey Chief I've now had a couple of others that (I assume) I follow and now get their posting notifications.
Screenshot_20230321_171321_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20230318_173519_Samsung Internet.jpg
I don't really care if I follow them or not, considering there's no real point anymore but if it can be fixed before I unfollow everyone, that would be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not receiving email alerts for a private chat group that I'm in. Why would I have stopped receiving emails?
OK let's look at two things:

1. Your email address is current
2. Your preference settings:

1679624574221.png

3. If it's a Social Group, check your WATCH options. Un-watch and Watch again to make sure they are how you want them:

1679624691930.png

Chief , for the last few years i have been player sponsor of both NMFC AFL and AFLW $50 each, and been platinum membership, same this year but today only gold membership, has anything changed ?
Check with the person running the sponsorship.

Unwatch the thread?
In the end I have blocked Bigfooty.com via my email service.
Just was wondering if there was a setting making this happen as it was only on the thread I created. Everything else I follow has no email updates.

In the end I have blocked Bigfooty.com via my email service.
Just was wondering if there was a setting making this happen as it was only on the thread I created. Everything else I follow has no email updates.
Did you unwatch the thread?

There's a problem with one of the addons that I think is sending out rogue emails.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back