Quickest players in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

ianh

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2008
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Carlton
For those that are looking for raw pace, who are the standouts?

Obviously JACK PETRUCCELLE is the standout 20m time at the combine, and he is likely to get picked up early to mid draft you would think. Barndon Starcevich actually matched his 20m at the combine and bettered his 5 and 10m times, Aidan Bonar was a clear quickest over 10m but didn't come top 10 over 5 and came equal 6th over 20m. To my mind these 3 together with Liam Ryan (10th over 10m equal 4th over 20) are the quickest guys who are early to mid draft prospects.

Some other really quick guys who are more late national or rookie drafts are Jake Hardman (Swans Acad) and Kwaby Boake (GC Acad) whilst Stefan Okunbor (spelling) the big Irish kid tested really quick over 5m but seems to have gone off radar as an international rookie prospect.

These would seem to be the quickest of them, but other guys who have a real weapon with their pace include Dom Barry, Alex Boyes, Damien Burke, Nic Coffield, Brent Daniels, Paddy Dow, Kane Farrell, Stefan Giro, Matt Guelfi, Jacob Heron, Nick Hind, Francis Kinthari, Mykelti Lefau, Ben Miller, Tony Olango, Ben Paton, Will Powell, Aaron Redhead, Zareth Roe, Chris Scott, Josh Smithson, Jaydn Stephenson and Taryce Stewart - ranging from the very pointy end of the draft to smokeys.

Who if any of these are on your radar for the Blues at and what picks?

Any others that come to mind? And at what picks?

Last edited:
For those that are looking for raw pace, who are the standouts?

Obviously JACK PETRUCCELLE is the standout 20m time at the combine, and he is likely to get picked up early to mid draft you would think. Barndon Starcevich actually matched his 20m at the combine and bettered his 5 and 10m times, Aidan Bonar was a clear quickest over 10m but didn't come top 10 over 5 and came equal 6th over 20m. To my mind these 3 together with Liam Ryan (10th over 10m equal 4th over 20) are the quickest guys who are early to mid draft prospects.

Some other really quick guys who are more late national or rookie drafts are Jake Hardman (Swans Acad) and Kwaby Boake (GC Acad) whilst Stefan Okunbor (spelling) the big Irish kid tested really quick over 5m but seems to have gone off radar as an international rookie prospect.

These would seem to be the quickest of them, but other guys who have a real weapon with their pace include Dom Barry, Alex Boyes, Damien Burke, Nic Coffield, Brent Daniels, Paddy Dow, Kane Farrell, Stefan Giro, Matt Guelfi, Jacob Heron, Nick Hind, Francis Kinthari, Mykelti Lefau, Ben Miller, Tony Olango, Ben Paton, Will Powell, Aaron Redhead, Zareth Roe, Chris Scott, Josh Smiuthson, Jaydn Stephenson and Taryce Stewart - ranging from the very pointy end of the draft to smokeys.

Who if any of these are on your radar for the Blues at and what picks?

Any others that come to mind? And at what picks?
So if we get Dow and Coffield at our first two picks we are bringing in some speed.

Like it!

Mods must be on post-season break. Time to run amok.

I was busy preparing a new thread titled 'Name our official draft day thread'.

I'm really hoping for 'Drafty McDraftFace'.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just FYI, the 'minor' grade in the GAA is U18 (changing to U17 next season).
Madden would be 17/18 years old.
Yeah I figured he was young given him finishing secondary school, but the hurling articles were pointing out that he was playing U21 and U20 level.

Hmmm... I think there's actually another James Madden who's a bit older and plays hurling for Dublin.

The kid from the combine is on the left here (12).

dub%20minors%202017.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back