Mong

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows
It seems to me that this offseason has been relatively quiet as far as rumours go.

There hasn't been as many rumours about the Crows as in other years. And this is despite Carey wanting to play here and Johnson choosing to leave and trading needing to be done there.

Do you agree or is it just me?

Yep, seems quiet.

Perhaps it's a sign of our team being settled. I'd be surprised if we see much trading from Adelaide beyond Carey and Johnson really.

We'll see a couple of delistings at the end of October as well.

Sure has been quiet as most discussion has been taken up by Carey & Johnson trades. Only other player really mentioned is Marsh. As you mentioned, there is usually more speculation that this & it leads to little in the way of actual trade action. Perhaps this year we will have little speculation & more trade action. Although, I think the core of the side will remain intact, but there may be a few fringe players who may wish to seek greener pastures elsewhere.

I think it is due to the trading period being later this year. I think next week the rumours will start flying around. I am hoping not too many changes to my beloved Crows - just that W Carey gets traded to the mighty Crows!!

k
xx

I can see us trading for Carey, and not using Kane in the deal.

I can see Kane at Richmond, but not for pick #4.

Last year I was surprised we picked up Massie and Schell, and I expect a couple of players like that being crows by the end of the month

Originally posted by King Crow
I can see us trading for Carey, and not using Kane in the deal.

I can see Kane at Richmond, but not for pick #4.

Last year I was surprised we picked up Massie and Schell, and I expect a couple of players like that being crows by the end of the month
Think you right KC. Richmond are trying to use Torney to keep their #4 pick & get Sugar, but I don't reckon that is a good deal for us. We would be better off with the #4 pick & use some other means to get Torney & Carey for that matter. There are usually fringe players which change clubs during the trade period for better opportunities & other clubs.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Thanks for the link Jerome. I would be very suprised & disappointed if both Rutten & Mattner are not elevated to the full list.

No worries. Signing Carey, Rutten and Mattner in the next week or two would be a good start to our 2003 campaign.

Something that has gone very quiet is Stenglien's contract. With both the WA clubs trying to secure Headland, Chick and Wells, they seem to have forgotten about Stinga. They might have just made it a bit easier for the AFC to keep him. Stick with us Tyson!!

Jerome

The link was good.
I didnt realise Ben Marsh was being tested in the CHB position at Westies. Hope he can develop into a tall key defender; but I just dont know whether hes got that little bit of dirt that you need in that role.

Cant wait to see more of Ruttrn and Rielly;)

I don't want to worry anyone....but

Something that has gone very quiet is Stenglien's contract. With both the WA clubs trying to secure Headland, Chick and Wells, they seem to have forgotten about Stinga. They might have just made it a bit easier for the AFC to keep him. Stick with us Tyson!!

I totally agree with you Jerome.

I would have thought we would have heard something more about Stinga. As I understand it, he is out of contract at the end of this year. I also understand that the contracts run out on the 31st of October this year. Tyson went overseas for 5 weeks from the 5th of October. According to my calculations, Stinga will be out of contract Monday week - he will still be overseas for another 2 weeks. What does that mean? Either he has resigned and they just haven't made a big deal out of it, or they are waiting for some reason to accounce it - or and I hope this is the wrong scenario - maybe they are looking at trading him? I am a bit concerned about this one. Stinga used to live with Kane - who knows what converstations they had around the kitchen table! With Kane up and leaving and Stinga out of contract aswell - gee, I hope I am wrong.

k
xx

Re: I don't want to worry anyone....but

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl
I totally agree with you Jerome.

I would have thought we would have heard something more about Stinga. As I understand it, he is out of contract at the end of this year. I also understand that the contracts run out on the 31st of October this year. Tyson went overseas for 5 weeks from the 5th of October. According to my calculations, Stinga will be out of contract Monday week - he will still be overseas for another 2 weeks. What does that mean? Either he has resigned and they just haven't made a big deal out of it, or they are waiting for some reason to accounce it - or and I hope this is the wrong scenario - maybe they are looking at trading him? I am a bit concerned about this one. Stinga used to live with Kane - who knows what converstations they had around the kitchen table! With Kane up and leaving and Stinga out of contract aswell - gee, I hope I am wrong.

k
xx
I don't think Stinger is homesick like Sugar. I wouldn't be too concerned that he is out of contract, as AFC hold him in high regard & won't be looking at trading him. Jerome make a good point that the WA clubs seem to have their hands full with the Headland & Chick deals, & also probably won't have anything of value left that they would be willing to give up. Certainly can't see Freo keeping him under the salary cap if they land Headland.

I hope your right!

I hope your right Kane, but I just worry that if he has not signed a new contract or doesn't before the trading period that maybe he could be "poached" from us by one of the WA teams. Don't worry they know who is and who isn't contracted, if Stinga is still available on Thursday both WA clubs would be mad not to try and snatch him. I know the Crows think he is terrific and will do all they can to resign him and they should have some money left over since Kane knocked back a big pay rise to go to Melbourne, but I would have had him signed and packed away long before the trading period.

fingers crossed, I don't want to loose Stinga.

k
xx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by King Crow
I can see Stenglein becoming a captain of this club.. if he leaves for one of the mediocre sides out West... he is mad.

He will stay though

Good call.

Did anyone read the story in today's Tiser re: Angwin? No one appears to be interested in him...I hope this changes over the weekend.

For those of you who like to know what the board is doing (especially the old forum members) this link is for you:

http://afc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=65107

Jerome

re: Angwin

If the situation remains this way with no one interested in Angwin, I'd say Hawthorn will let him pass, we'll delist him and they'll wait till pick three or four in the national draft if he's still available.

Waste of bloody energy and resources that kid. Damn shame.

Re: re: Angwin

Originally posted by napsyd
If the situation remains this way with no one interested in Angwin, I'd say Hawthorn will let him pass, we'll delist him and they'll wait till pick three or four in the national draft if he's still available.

Waste of bloody energy and resources that kid. Damn shame.
The kid can play just that he's a bit loose up top,

Re: Re: re: Angwin

Originally posted by noddy

The kid can play just that he's a bit loose up top,

I know, that just makes it worse.

If Pizza Haven can do a 2 for 1 deal, I am sure the AFC can do it!

Let's give Angwin away as a kind of "bonus" for the Roo's. Pick 4, 14 and for free they can have Angwin. They can use him for whatever they want, I reckon they might need a toilet cleaner at Arden Street. Ooops sorry, he has a screwed shoulder, he may not even be able to do that!

k
xx

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl
If Pizza Haven can do a 2 for 1 deal, I am sure the AFC can do it!

Let's give Angwin away as a kind of "bonus" for the Roo's. Pick 4, 14 and for free they can have Angwin. They can use him for whatever they want, I reckon they might need a toilet cleaner at Arden Street. Ooops sorry, he has a screwed shoulder, he may not even be able to do that!

k
xx
I'll be happy to get anything for Angwin or Marsh, as we can't possibly be any worse off without them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back