Injury Quinton Narkle ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on topic. Q is already back running. Straight lines but running. Excited. Personally think he'll be a better player than Parfitt.
I've said this before: don't expect nuth'n next year. ACL is a two year injury. One for rehab, the next for reserves level footy trying to find consistency. Fingers crossed for 2019 for the seniors.

Certainly is.

Would love it to be somewhere near the money, though.

Parfitt looks the most natural footballer we have drafted in many a long year.

So, if Q is going to end up having a similar 'ceiling', we are going to have two potential gemstones on the list.

Bring it on, I say.

Back on topic. Q is already back running. Straight lines but running. Excited. Personally think he'll be a better player than Parfitt.

Have you seen him play much? He didn't take part in many VFL games.

Also preseason out at Deakin he seemed to be in a group separate to the main group each time I saw them. Running rather than in match simulation. Seemed strange at the time.

Have you noticed something or do you know something to give you confidence Narkle will be a player?

From VFL > Peter Jackson VFL 2017 > Geelong Cats > Geelong
upload_2017-10-16_5-59-54.png
I missed the two games he did play so can't really comment except to say, he has a long way to go and with an ACL at this point in time, it makes his task very difficult. He is the type of player we need but needs 3 or 4 big games late next year to have any chance of establishing himself.

This could be another classic dilemma for the club. Young, may be talented. Injured. Do they retain him for year 3 or move him on and start again.

Last edited:
Unless you’re Cowan :(

Or Marcus Drum.

depositphotos_1800647-Man-in-bandage.jpg

Certainly is.

So, if Q is going to end up having a similar 'ceiling', we are going to have two potential gemstones on the list.

Bring it on, I say.
and I would add McCarthy to that list.

Certainly is.

Bring it on, I say.
I would add Zurthie in there as well, the kid is scary composed and hard to tackle despite his physical apparences.

I am really looking forward to watching Parfitt and Zuthrie development over the next few years.

Have you seen him play much? He didn't take part in many VFL games.

Also preseason out at Deakin he seemed to be in a group separate to the main group each time I saw them. Running rather than in match simulation. Seemed strange at the time.

Have you noticed something or do you know something to give you confidence Narkle will be a player?

I missed the two games he did play so can't really comment except to say, he has a long way to go and with an ACL at this point in time, it makes his task very difficult. He is the type of player we need but needs 3 or 4 big games late next year to have any chance of establishing himself.

This could be another classic dilemma for the club. Young, may be talented. Injured. Do they retain him for year 3 or move him on and start again.

I can only assume Catsmaninamerica is related to him. I saw him in a preseason game. He was struggling to get involved and did a lot of pointing to players to pick up his man who had run off him. In the VFL season, he was out with a hammy for quite a few games. Came back and played one decent game, then did his ACL. Narkle and Parfitt are similar age and size but there's no comparison between the two based on presented form.

I've said this before: don't expect nuth'n next year. ACL is a two year injury. One for rehab, the next for reserves level footy trying to find consistency. Fingers crossed for 2019 for the seniors.

People may need to keep that in mind with Thurlow.
I tend to think that one of the barriers to players struggling after returning from serious knee injuries is the mental hurdle of the injury still being in the back of their mind.
I think that Thurlow may improve on last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Smedts was supposed to be the best young talent around
Well played. You must be so proud. :rolleyes:

Blokes coming back from ACL in his 2nd year.. its Jan 15th so just ramping up into preseason and the best you can do is compare him with a Rd 1 pick that was highly touted at the time and is now out of footy I think.

Sure he may not make it - and the fate might be the same, but given its SO early why stick the fork in him and anyone that thinks he might do ok?

Getting into the old agro early huh emu. :drunk:

GO Catters

Well played. You must be so proud. :rolleyes:

Blokes coming back from ACL in his 2nd year.. its Jan 15th so just ramping up into preseason and the best you can do is compare him with a Rd 1 pick that was highly touted at the time and is now out of footy I think.

Sure he may not make it - and the fate might be the same, but given its SO early why stick the fork in him and anyone that thinks he might do ok?

Getting into the old agro early huh emu. :drunk:

GO Catters
I think it was more a crack at CMIA to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back