Injury Quinton Narkle ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find it funny how we build up all our young players to be something they aren't. Why not leave the hype to the side and let the football do the talking. It's not like you get a prize if one happens to turn out good. Wish the kid all the best.

No but you do get to gloat if others were wrong.

What would be more fun to predict is the moment when the entire board turns on a player. It happened instantly with Caddy; it's more gradual with others.

What would be more fun to predict is the moment when the entire board turns on a player. It happened instantly with Caddy; it's more gradual with others.
And with Ablett and suddenly his 'sins' never were.

Ironically, I think the opposite happened with Motlop. Might have to wait for the season to start...

I just find it funny how we build up all our young players to be something they aren't. Why not leave the hype to the side and let the football do the talking. It's not like you get a prize if one happens to turn out good. Wish the kid all the best.
generally I agree, and certainly in relation to Narkle. But I can't help feeling that McCarthy might just ............

It's inspirational that you emerged from the wilderness to make this post.

Well played. You must be so proud. :rolleyes:

Blokes coming back from ACL in his 2nd year.. its Jan 15th so just ramping up into preseason and the best you can do is compare him with a Rd 1 pick that was highly touted at the time and is now out of footy I think.

Sure he may not make it - and the fate might be the same, but given its SO early why stick the fork in him and anyone that thinks he might do ok?

Getting into the old agro early huh emu. :drunk:

GO Catters

One of the more woeful efforts of the last 12 months.

Well done.

Bit of an overreaction guys?

As I read it he was merely pointing out that just because someone thinks a player is a "gun" or the "real deal" doesn't necessarily make it true.

Bit of an overreaction guys?

As I read it he was merely pointing out that just because someone thinks a player is a "gun" or the "real deal" doesn't necessarily make it true.

In isolation perhaps...

In totality of ones persistent tone, not really.

And he might be right - but im inclined to let him fail first before applying the Billie Smedts flush.

Go Catters

And with Ablett and suddenly his 'sins' never were.
I never thought that he had sins. I really felt that it was a falling out between he and the coach, and if he had known that the coach was going to leave then he may well have stayed.

I never thought that he had sins. I really felt that it was a falling out between he and the coach, and if he had known that the coach was going to leave then he may well have stayed.

Is there a board for ‘what is, was and will bomber do, did and has done’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would need half the side in the medical bay for Narkle to see any AFL action latter this year,Far to early to make a call on this kid,lets see him put 10 games of VFL together this season and a big preseason next year.That would give us the minimum exposure to make judgments on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would need half the side in the medical bay for Narkle to see any AFL action latter this year,Far to early to make a call on this kid,lets see him put 10 games of VFL together this season and a big preseason next year.That would give us the minimum exposure to make judgments on.

Yes a big VFL campaign is necessary for him to stay on the list.

His first year started poorly, hicupped in the middle, and then had the worst finish. He now needs to show he is better value than any kid above pick 40 in next years draft. Its a tough gig this AFL stuff.

He looks like he's spent his time well in the gym looks a good size for the midfield, can those that know a bit more about him suggest where they think he's best suited? If he plays any afl games over the next year or so it's likely to be forward unless there are massive midfield injuries. But what's his long term position? Where should he be developed in the VFL? Wing? Inside midfielder? He'll need some forward craft to make it at all level even with another midfield spot to keep a spot in the side. It's exciting to have some young talent a couple of seasons ago the young talent looked very bare.

He looks like he's spent his time well in the gym looks a good size for the midfield, can those that know a bit more about him suggest where they think he's best suited? If he plays any afl games over the next year or so it's likely to be forward unless there are massive midfield injuries. But what's his long term position? Where should he be developed in the VFL? Wing? Inside midfielder? He'll need some forward craft to make it at all level even with another midfield spot to keep a spot in the side. It's exciting to have some young talent a couple of seasons ago the young talent looked very bare.
Wing, with occasional stints in the midfield engine. Might not have the size to dominate as an Inside Midfielder at AFL level, more likely to be more damaging on the outside at AFL level, but can nonetheless do some time in the midfield engine at VFL level.

Yes a big VFL campaign is necessary for him to stay on the list.

His first year started poorly, hicupped in the middle, and then had the worst finish. He now needs to show he is better value than any kid above pick 40 in next years draft. Its a tough gig this AFL stuff.

Ridiculous post. Had hamstring injuries. Got over them and then did an acl 2 weeks later.
Some of you people are dead set trolls.

Ridiculous post. Had hamstring injuries. Got over them and then did an acl 2 weeks later.
im not sure the post was trolling - just stating the uphill nature that any young player faces when injured and trying to make the 22.

The good thing is, if there is one, is that GFC tends to give time and latitude to players whom have shown flashes and then gotten hurt.
I think the statement that Narkle needs to show something this year is fair - id be sad to see him cut at seasons end after flashing again.
Id give him time but AFL is a ruthless business - and IMO that's how I saw the post.

GO Catters

im not sure the post was trolling - just stating the uphill nature that any young player faces when injured and trying to make the 22.

The good thing is, if there is one, is that GFC tends to give time and latitude to players whom have shown flashes and then gotten hurt.
I think the statement that Narkle needs to show something this year is fair - id be sad to see him cut at seasons end after flashing again.
Id give him time but AFL is a ruthless business - and IMO that's how I saw the post.

GO Catters
When you consider the history of players like Cowan, McCarthy etc - if absolutely is a troll post. He’s actually shown A bit - even in those 2 games. And on the track. And he was drafted to the main list - as opposed to the rookie list- for a reason. The amount odna research and conviction that goes into a draft pick means that if a kid does an acl in year 1, The club know that it’s a 12 month injury and that in the first year back after it they’re gonna take time. Unless there’s behaviour or attitude issues, they’ll resign Q within the next few months.

Based on where he was drafted and his injury... He will be lucky to have a career as good as billy smedts. Not only that, he is a midfielder and we have one on the best of all time on paper.

When you consider the history of players like Cowan, McCarthy etc - if absolutely is a troll post. He’s actually shown A bit - even in those 2 games. And on the track. And he was drafted to the main list - as opposed to the rookie list- for a reason. The amount odna research and conviction that goes into a draft pick means that if a kid does an acl in year 1, The club know that it’s a 12 month injury and that in the first year back after it they’re gonna take time. Unless there’s behaviour or attitude issues, they’ll resign Q within the next few months.

I would certainly like to see him in full form no doubt - and on the back of that he gets more time... and im not talking about him needing massive games all the time... id be happy with some flashes... good enough to get him more contracted time...
I just want to see the skills that are there.

GO Catters

My first ever troll. Must be getting the hang of this!

I am saying that this young bloke has made it on to the park twice in his first year. I based my "started poorly" comment from what i saw in a few visits to Deakin training in his first few months here. At no stage was he involved in any squad work and with a one or two others was doing (what looked like catch up) running sessions. The middle bit was about minor injuries and the horror finish was about the ACL.

He DOES need a big year in the VFL to show he is better than others late in the strong draft next year- or GFC may well pull the pin. I never like to see a young bloke battling but it happens. Cowan did show he could play before he was hit with injuries, Brown too, McCarthy and Gregson also, so they got time. Narkle must do the same.

Good thing Rabs has FB...

Id never see this stuff otherwise. I mean why would the club post this on their website? What a crazy idea.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back