Injury Quinton Narkle ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing Rabs has FB...

Id never see this stuff otherwise. I mean why would the club post this on their website? What a crazy idea.

Go Catters

You think people come to the website for a few seconds of Narkle playing basketball?

You think people come to the website for a few seconds of Narkle playing basketball?
No...

But they could have a link to a page that is "Social Media clips" - and upload them all there for those that want to see them. Not ******* rocket science.

GO Catters

No...

But they could have a link to a page that is "Social Media clips" - and upload them all there for those that want to see them. Not ******* rocket science.

GO Catters

GFC website, much like every other club, is run by the AFL.
The club genuinely doesn’t have a heap of say about what gets posted, it’s all about every clubs page being similar.
Hence why the clubs FB, insta and twitter accounts get far more content published, it’s run by the club.

Or people could make a ******* social media account and stop living in 1960, also not rocket science.
I don’t have social media accounts. I don’t want them. I’m with Daz and would like some more content on the webpage.

Not everyone wants to take photos and live behind a mobile phone screen all day.
I look and watch things with my eyes not filming things and watching it through a phone screen.

Or people could make a ******* social media account and stop living in 1960, also not rocket science.

Why have the website then?

Sorry but screw social media, not against others using it but not my thing.

They could, but then they could be like myself and countless others who enjoy their privacy and don’t need to live in the FB glass bowl and share their moods, illnesses, thoughts, moods, woes, daily movements and undie colours with the rest of the world.

Putting such a tidbit on the club webpage shares a social interest with fans without intruding on the player’s privacy.

Think it’s a good compromise.

I dont need or want one thanks. And if those that have them are happy to give domain control of their content to Zuckerberg and CO for perpetuity then more power to you. I dont and wont be forced to.

Good luck if you ever want to not be there. You cant leave. The accounts can close but the content and all your data remains. Read the fine print. But back On Topic...

The point is the club can share its content across all platforms. Again, not landing ships on the moon here.

GO Catters

They could, but then they could be like myself and countless others who enjoy their privacy and don’t need to live in the FB glass bowl and share their moods, illnesses, thoughts, moods, woes, daily movements and undie colours with the rest of the world.

Putting such a tidbit on the club webpage shares a social interest with fans without intruding on the player’s privacy.

Think it’s a good compromise.

So then don’t?
You know just because you have a fb account doesn’t mean you have to do all that...
You have the internet, should we assume you watch a heap of pr0n, YouTube videos of cats and find ways to make home made bombs? No? But you can do all that....
I have a fb account and a Twitter account purely to keep up to date with stuff like what you guys are sooking about, yet I do nothing else on them.
Stop being a sook and just do it ffs.

I dont need or want one thanks. And if those that have them are happy to give domain control of their content to Zuckerberg and CO for perpetuity then more power to you. I dont and wont be forced to.

Good luck if you ever want to not be there. You cant leave. The accounts can close but the content and all your data remains. Read the fine print. But back On Topic...

The point is the club can share its content across all platforms. Again, not landing ships on the moon here.

GO Catters

SO DONT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Jesus what is it with you guys.
Ironic you say that while living in America, unless you use a bartering system and have never ever used any credit card or online banking them the same people who would buy your information from FB already have it....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SO DONT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Jesus what is it with you guys.
Ironic you say that while living in America, unless you use a bartering system and have never ever used any credit card or online banking them the same people who would buy your information from FB already have it....
Thanks for that enlightening and passionate social media endorsed response which i'll take very seriously under advisement. Oh and btw - l have those 3 chickens to pay you for those things you gave me :rooster::rooster::rooster:

That said, we are getting well off Narkle's ACL at this point so lets get back the thread back to that.

There is a social media discussion thread somewhere on here if anyone is so inclined to continue the discussion do so there.

GO Catters

Thanks for that enlightening and passionate social media endorsed response which i'll take very seriously under advisement. Oh and btw - l have those 3 chickens to pay you for those things you gave me :rooster::rooster::rooster:

That said, we are getting well off Narkle's ACL at this point so lets get back the thread back to that.

There is a social media discussion thread somewhere on here if anyone is so inclined to continue the discussion do so there.

GO Catters

I know this is off topic and it’s the last I’ll say but I’m not a “social media” person either, it’s just that you and others are arguing against a problem that doesn’t exist. Social media of all kinds will only ever do what you want it to. I have a twitter account purely and solely for AFL, NFL and cricket. That’s it.
It’s a nonsensical argument for the most part.

Also, you owe me 3 chickens and 2 ducks. New year, new prices.

So then don’t?
You know just because you have a fb account doesn’t mean you have to do all that...
You have the internet, should we assume you watch a heap of pr0n, YouTube videos of cats and find ways to make home made bombs? No? But you can do all that....
I have a fb account and a Twitter account purely to keep up to date with stuff like what you guys are sooking about, yet I do nothing else on them.
Stop being a sook and just do it ffs.

Not sure why you’re getting so excited about an alternative view to FB, nor did I suggest there was an obligation towards any particular subject when posting.......

I understand your point that there is no need to post personal info etc, but my point is that the overwhelming majority seem to have a need to do so. The mountain of mindless crap on there deters me from the effort of trawling through it for the occasional snippets of intelligence.

Anyhow, we can agree to disagree :) it’s all a storm in a teacup really.

Not sure why you’re getting so excited about an alternative view to FB, nor did I suggest there was an obligation towards any particular subject when posting.......

I understand your point that there is no need to post personal info etc, but my point is that the overwhelming majority seem to have a need to do so. The mountain of mindless crap on there deters me from the effort of trawling through it for the occasional snippets of intelligence.

Anyhow, we can agree to disagree :) it’s all a storm in a teacup really.

Great thing about FB though is you only see what you want to see, if you don't want any of that crap then don't friend 12 year old girls. Simples.
Hey, tea-cup storms are the specialty of the off season!

And we are done here on the pros/cons of Social Media formats

Move on.

Go Catters

And we are done here on the pros/cons of Social Media formats

Move on.

Go Catters
If I can add one point ... the "stories" aspect of Insta etc allows for instant access and ease of content. So that is no issue at all, and there is absolutely a place for it.

The issue is that they still also need to provide content on the website and stuff for those not on social media, and not doing it is really just lazy and taking the easy way out/shortcut.

Also apologies Daz for adding one last point.

Sorry dazbroncos, that was my fault. I should not have posted a video of Quinton Narkle.
I repent in sackcloth and ashes.

Anyone know what is happening with this kid, he must have been placed on long term injury list as O'Connor has been elevated on to the list. I like the look (what little I've seen) of Narkle and wish him well.

Anyone know what is happening with this kid, he must have been placed on long term injury list as O'Connor has been elevated on to the list. I like the look (what little I've seen) of Narkle and wish him well.
Having did his knee last June he won't be ready for a little while yet so I guess they've placed him on the LTI list so as O'Conner can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back