Recommitted Quinton Narkle [one year contract extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong fans, what’s the knock on him?
Is it his defensive running or lack of hurt with ball in hand?
Up to this year he hasn't really had the tank. He's built it enough now but on current form he doesn't really have much of a defensive side to his game. Not sure Dimma would tolerate him.

On your question about hurt factor some of his disposal is very attacking. It's not his issue

Defensive running. Puts in a lot more effort if he has or might get the ball than when he doesn't.

Perhaps the penny will drop if he goes to Richmond, but based on what he does without the ball currently Dimma won't have him playing in the senior side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet, got any spare rucks?
Unfortunately not. We have Strauchan in our sanfl team who many argue has been better than an injured O'Brien... but hardly an upgrade on your ruckmen.

Best to look elsewhere.

not much tbh, probably just that he plays in a team behind Selwood, Danger, Guthrie, Menegola, Parfitt and O'Connor

He can't play any position except in the guts, I truly hope we keep him but he's pretty much going to have to wait until Selwood retires as they play the exact same position.

not much tbh, probably just that he plays in a team behind Selwood, Danger, Guthrie, Menegola, Parfitt and O'Connor

He can't play any position except in the guts, I truly hope we keep him but he's pretty much going to have to wait until Selwood retires as they play the exact same position.
Good position to be in imo.

Depth squeezing out Narkle, Clark, Simpson and Constable.. Duncan and Cameron likely squeeze out Sav, Miers/Higgins/Close/Dahlhaus/Atkins before finals.

the Ziebull eager to find trouble where there is none. Merely not best 22 in a list that bats deep.

Unfortunately not. We have Strauchan in our sanfl team who many argue has been better than an injured O'Brien... but hardly an upgrade on your ruckmen.

Best to look elsewhere.
Bit harsh on Strachan. Probably been the best local league ruckman playing this year.

Still only a back up, though.

Bit harsh on Strachan. Probably been the best local league ruckman playing this year.

Still only a back up, though.
You think an unproven Strauchan is an upgrade on the Cats ruckmen?

He may not be worse, but hardly at upgrade imo.

Hey Morro what does Narkle bring to our team that will improve it?

We have far fitter players than him that would keep him out of the side and for the $ he would cost I don't see the benefit.

We have far fitter players than him that would keep him out of the side and for the $ he would cost I don't see the benefit.
Most clearances on the ground and second most contested possessions after being subbed on at the mid point of the 3rd quarter. Fair to say he could have added a few clearances your way yesterday in full game time

He wins clearances and hard ball and unlike most our mids, he can find the footy. Would be a walk up start best 22 player for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back