JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Geelong train at Kardinia Park, we train at Punt Road and no side trains on the MCG or for that matter, Docklands Stadium.

Hence, why the 9 teams based in Melbourne are all on an even playing field, while Geelong get a leg up over the rest of us.
Geelol have a massive advantage with their own kitty litter park games...

How dare a team from Geelong play their home games in Geelong ... 45 minutes away from Melbourne.
Some will be demanding GWS plays its homes game at the MCG soon.
:rolleyes:

Why don't St Kilda play home games at Frankston then?

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
Why don't St Kilda play home games at Frankston then?

If they build a stadium there and deem that as their home ground and get the approval, I am all for it.
Kardinia Park has been there home since 1940 and the cats have played in Geelong since the 19th Century ... get over it.
They have every right to play their home games in Geelong, just as Richmond can play there's at the MCG, West Coast plays in Perth, and two Sydney teams play at separate venues in Sydney.

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
When was the last time Carlton, Essendon or Chokingwood played at Kardinia Park ? Why do we have to play there almost every year ?

Are you sure of this, or are you embellishing it.
Our last four games, including this Friday, will have been at the MCG.
We last played there in 2017. The previous five games before that were at the MCG.
Before that we played one game at Marvel/Etihad as it was know and before that we played at kardinia Park.
That;s two games since 2012.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Great stats. I had same discussion last night and it is a disgrace that they try to even it up by having us play Port twice.

Do you have any stats on hoe many times we have travelled to Adelaide or The GC (excluding the games we sold)
until we have each team playing each other once and alternating the home games bi annually it's always going to be a fixture. that won't happen due to television and other commercial interests. that said, having the 'g' as our home ground where finals are played doesn't do our chances any harm.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
I reckon it goes a long way to explaining why the likes of North and the Bulldogs have a good record against us, we hardly play them at the bloody G.

Yet when the AFL make Geelong play us at the G, all we hear about is whinging how it's not Geelong's home ground however we never hear the same whinge when the likes of Essendon, Hawthorn & Collingwood never play down at Geelong either.

why is it they whinge when it's us? We have played down at Geelong more than those 3 above and even Carlton have in the past 30 years.

AFL is a corrupt organisation with their own self interests, annoys the hell out of me.

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
Are you sure of this, or are you embellishing it.
Our last four games, including this Friday, will have been at the MCG.
We last played there in 2017. The previous five games before that were at the MCG.
Before that we played one game at Marvel/Etihad as it was know and before that we played at kardinia Park.
That;s two games since 2012.

"Embellishing it".. Really ??

A quick google search ;

Essendon at Kardinia Park

"It’s been over 25 years since Essendon travelled down the highway to play in Geelong, but the Bombers are finally set to return to Kardinia Park on Thursday night " - They finally DID play a JLT game this year..

Carlton at Kardinia Park (they play there Round 23 this Year)

"ON Saturday night, when the Carlton and Geelong players take to the field at the place formerly known as Kardinia Park, 7588 days will have lapsed since both teams last challenged there for premiership points.

Not since the Round 20 of 1997 – Saturday, August 16 to be precise – have the League’s two foundation clubs met at South Geelong’s own."

Collingwood at Kardinia Park

"1999 – The last time Collingwood had to travel down the highway to play Geelong in Geelong. While the Magpies lost their last three games at the venue they can still boast a record that not many other clubs can – a winning record at Kardinia Park."

None of these three clubs have played Geelong, in Geelong this Century.

How many time have the Tigers played in Geelong since 1995 - ELEVEN

Into perspective, in the time we have played at Geelong's home ground - ELEVEN times, the combined total that Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood have played there is ZERO. NONE. NADA.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I hate doing this because you're one of my favourite posters, particularly in the autopsy threads after a game. However, Carlton played at KP last year in round 10:
Screenshot 2019-06-05 21.16.41.png

HOWEVER ... I've got you covered and can say you're still right....
"ON Saturday night, when the Carlton and Geelong players take to the field at the place formerly known as Kardinia Park, 7588 days will have lapsed since both teams last challenged there for premiership points.
You can't really say that Carlton actually challenged for premiership points
rofl.gif

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
I hate doing this because you're one of my favourite posters, particularly in the autopsy threads after a game. However, Carlton played at KP last year in round 10:
View attachment 687389

You can't really say that Carlton actually challenged for premiership points View attachment 687390

I stand corrected. Got my years confused !

Still, one combined game from Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood compared to our 11 games in a similar period is an anomaly.

Appreciate your kind words. Autopsy threads are always my favorite !

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics

You can't really say that Carlton actually challenged for premiership points View attachment 687390

Do you also know that before this game last year the last time Calrton played at Geelong was round 20 1997 !!!! one game out of 27 games LOL

In that same time period Richmond have play there 10 times out of 31 matches

Essendon last played there round 21 1993
Collingwood Round 15 1999
Hawthorn Round 3 2006

When was the last time Carlton, Essendon or Chokingwood played at Kardinia Park ? Why do we have to play there almost every year ?

Because even inmates have visitation rights......;)

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Wish we could play Gold Coast at the MCG for once instead of in Queensland at Carrara and Cazaly's stadiums.

These games against them in Queensland are going to really ruin Jack's average crowd.

Jack Graham, that is.

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Number one quirk remains playing Port Adelaide in South Australia, every year without fail.

1999, 2011 and 2014 remain the only seasons, where the AFL haven't fixtured us to play Port Adelaide in South Australia during the home and away season.

Another one which stands out, is we only ever play West Coast once a year.

We haven't played West Coast twice in a season since 2009, which means we haven't once played them twice in a season during Hardwick's coaching tenure. Ridiculous.

For what it's worth, we've played less games against West Coast in Western Australia out of every club, which was in the league when West Coast joined in 1987.

Also, we've played more games against Fremantle in Western Australia than we have against West Coast, despite Fremantle being in the league for 8 less seasons. Ridiculous.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Number one quirk remains playing Port Adelaide in South Australia, every year without fail.

1999, 2011 and 2014 remain the only seasons, where the AFL haven't fixtured us to play Port Adelaide in South Australia during the home and away season.

We haven't played West Coast twice in a season since 2009, which means we haven't once played them twice in a season during Hardwick's coaching tenure. Ridiculous.

For what it's worth, we've played less games against West Coast in Western Australia out of every club, which was in the league when West Coast joined in 1987.

Also, we've played more games against Fremantle in Western Australia than we have against West Coast, despite Fremantle being in the league for 8 less seasons. Ridiculous.
Ironically, West Coast’s first ever game was against us in Perth.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

It’ll be club driven imo. West coast in Melbourne is significantly better financially then Port Freo or GC. We tend to try and get larger drawing sides in Melbourne

Back