Quite happy with Barnes thanks cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
He was sensational last year,and had to come home to win a flag,thanks for that.But i`d really like to thank you for the earlier deal,the one where you got J.B and we got Sean Denham,he was brilliant for us,got himself a flag in `93,drove that dog williams to frustration/ retirement and got himself a b&f.
So all up there is no debate really,essendon win win win,situation.

Barnes

No worries Windy!

Quite happy with the way Steven King has come on since Barnes left as well!

Barnesy deserved a Premiership, he got us into three Grand Finals, yeah so he didn't win one with us, but he did his part. Ayres wanted him out so he shafted him, then we shafted Ayres.

Denham was never going to make it at Geelong with the likes of Bews, Scott, Couch, Hocking, Bairstow and Riccardi in the team and he deserved the success he got as well.

I was disappointed to see Barnesy go, but since he left King has come of age and is now a genuine superstar of the game, and what's more he's only 22!

Gloat all you like Windy, you're a great side, everyone knows that and you deserve the success you've got, and so does Barnesy. I'm happy with how things are going 'cause I see Geelong building something for the future, and Sunday was the start of something big, maybe not this year, but in the coming 5 years

I still cheer for Barnesy, he's a great bloke and we all love him no matter who he plays for

I'd have King every day of the week before Barnes. Essendon did do very well out of the whole deal, but Geelong weren't exactly screwed either. Barnes provided years of good service for the Catters and now they have an even better replacement.

Re: Barnes

Originally posted by gocatsgo
No worries Windy!

Quite happy with the way Steven King has come on since Barnes left as well!

Barnesy deserved a Premiership, he got us into three Grand Finals, yeah so he didn't win one with us, but he did his part. Ayres wanted him out so he shafted him, then we shafted Ayres.

Denham was never going to make it at Geelong with the likes of Bews, Scott, Couch, Hocking, Bairstow and Riccardi in the team and he deserved the success he got as well.

I was disappointed to see Barnesy go, but since he left King has come of age and is now a genuine superstar of the game, and what's more he's only 22!

Gloat all you like Windy, you're a great side, everyone knows that and you deserve the success you've got, and so does Barnesy. I'm happy with how things are going 'cause I see Geelong building something for the future, and Sunday was the start of something big, maybe not this year, but in the coming 5 years

I still cheer for Barnesy, he's a great bloke and we all love him no matter who he plays for

So tell me go Cats go, "Whos your money on this week?" and by how much. Steven King has played a higher level theres no doubting that.

What didnt Geelong fans like about Ayrsey anyway?

:confused: :(

And er Go Crows

To be truthful it could be a great game if the weather is alright.

If it rains I'll back Adelaide, if it is windy I'll back Adelaide, but if it is alright, Geelong will put up a good show.

The SUnday afternoon helps, Geelong would struggle at night.

Adelaide should win as they are on a high at the moment, th eonly question will be how the recover after the trip from Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back