Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL
Aug 31, 2018
GC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Winnipeg Jets
Disclaimer: unrelated to my future Rookie Hunger Games Final submission

For many qooty players, winning the qualifying final and having a week off is an ideal scenario. You get the opportunity to put your feet up, chat utter s**t about how good your team is and not worry about keeping your posting numbers up. Of course for many, like myself, these things I've mentioned are constants and will not change regardless of whether I have a week off or not. So actually, everything I've said up to now is rubbish (in b4 'Landfill please').

Not having a match thread to post in is a new experience for me as a qooty player who joined halfway through the season. I can't help being part of a team so #elite that we get a week off and home ground advantage going forward, when many other teams have already started their offseason. But despite all the positives, there is one big negative: I'm bored. So bored, in fact, that I documented each day of the week off. You may think that this is a blatant rip off of Cadaver 's "Diary of a Season 26 Rookie". If you are in this camp of belief, then you're correct, this is a worse version with far less relevancy, intrigue and detail – but in my defense Dav's was never updated so all I can say is that

giphy.gif

Monday

I walked into the clubhouse early Monday morning, ready to watch back the tape from our victory over the Wonders and see where we could improve. Of course, we didn't actually do that because we had two whole weeks until the next game so there was really no point in starting early and we might as well celebrate the win. So we threw a party, cooney style, which lasted long into the night.

coons.PNG
fin.PNG
coons2.PNG

Proper party that was, as you can clearly see.

Tuesday

With the celebrations mostly over, Tuesday had a different flavour. It was beginning to sink in that we had won a final, with current and former captains Yakker and cats2rise still in a state of shock.

It was around now that the boredom started to kick in. When asked what to do during the week off, Yakker responded with laps, burpees, star jumps, shuttle runs, Tarks and twerks, all of which elicited a disgusted response from the rest of us who reminded him we still had two weeks before the next game. Coons' suggestion of "bar, snow and snow bunnies" was a simple yet much more appealing alternative.

Wednesday

On Wednesday, boredom in the Mount Buller camp without a match thread had reached an all time high. Tarkyn_24 resorted to calling out Yakker on his posting prior to this week (which he would pay for later, but we'll get to that). Conversation quality had dropped to the standard of a Dragon's match thread – there was a lively debate over whether Excel, Word or PowerPoint was the better program. I was very much in the PowerPoint camp.

Clearly, it was time to look elsewhere in the league.

Thursday

meme.PNG
(Despite what I said yesterday, the above meme was made entirely in Word so I guess I'm a hypocrite or something)

Friday

The current crisis over at the Dragons helped to fuel my interest on Friday. With two established posters and highly active rookie down already, it was evident that new captain PhenomenalV1 had his work cut out. Announcing a rebuild was a brave move, criticised by many but best of luck to him. Just don't follow in St Kilda's footsteps :oops:

Elsewhere, the BRAB and Dav chronicles continued, as the former tries one last time to stop Cadaver's inevitable EKA. Okay, we all know it won't be the last time, but it's nice to fantasise alright? Needless to say, this did not quench my boredom.

Quickly running out of things to observe, I approached the skipper.

"I'm bored," I said.

"What do you have to be bored about?" Yakker replied.

"Nothing," I said, with a vision of Carl Barron in the back of my mind. "That's why I'm bored."

So he did what any good captain would do, and opened the voting for the Demons Players' Player Award. This was not without both a subtle and not so subtle self-promotion of course.

yakker2.PNG

yakker3.PNG

Like I said, what any good captain would do.

Saturday

Remember when I said Tarks would pay for his low blow? It happened today – with talks of introducing negative votes in the Players' Player Award just to send poor old Tarks into oblivion with a so-called 'shittruck'. I never did find out if the shittruck did uber eats or not…

Sunday

I'm at my wit's end. I can't wait for a match thread. Nothing else can end this boredom. In the very depths of monotony, I have even written my first ever media post – that's the level we're talking here. But the end is almost in sight.

If you made it this far through my ramblings, I salute you. You too, must be bored: either as part of a s**t team who didn't make finals or an #elite team who got a week off. That, or you got unceremoniously tagged. Sorry.

In conclusion, carn Dees.

Finbar

FinBar19 get used to boredom because come Next Sunday you'll have a whole off season to wait.
The only way that happens is if I cop a one week suspension for the Grand Final ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back