Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
2017-02-18 19.14.24.png

So after tonight's WB v Melb game, is it too early to say it's then down to 4 teams?

Pdub

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hopefully, the Crows Supporters Group show up to this game. It needs someone to start up some crowd chants so it feels more like a genuine AFC home game. Just some "Adelaide clap clap clap" would be good to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Hopefully, the Crows Supporters Group show up to this game. It needs someone to start up some crowd chants so it feels more like a genuine AFC home game. Just some "Adelaide clap clap clap" would be good to hear.
They were at the game last time, selling sausages on bread. And thanks for that as they seemed to be the only food going

But yes some chants would be nice

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos

Or you could start it. The issue at Thebby is how open it is that even it they start if going from behind the goals, it won't travel around the ground for others to hear that well at all.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
At the dog park last night, a couple of kids turned up with a footy and played kick to kick for half an hour. Normally i wouldn't have noticed, but it was two girls in their early teens who turned up and did it. Never seen that before. I think it's making an impression.

I've got free time tomorrow, so I'm going down to the match. I've always hated Carlton so it should be a corker.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just on the schematics of the actual match, it might be too simplistic to say at this stage of the competition but from the two games I've seen Carlton play they're a bit like the Bulldogs for mine and look like they leave it to too few out there so if Brie Davey's numbers are limited off half-back, Jakobsson's role as a marking target negated & Vescio's impact on the scoreboard is low the Crows girls win the game pretty easily

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Really, really great story on "Tex" Perkins, unfortunately it's a subscriber only article and with the rule about posting full articles being posted enforced I can't share it.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...m/news-story/40c97196221a077ebfa90ab7cb3417a7

“I’ve been copping a bit of banter from the plumbers at work and family and friends but I’ve been out a couple of times and people have stopped me and had a chat.“It’s amazing to think that in such a short space of time we went from a lot of people saying we didn’t deserve a chance to play to now people genuinely care about us and saying they want to watch.”The second moment happened at training on Monday night when Perkins — nicknamed ‘Tex’, largely because of comparisons with the captain of the Crows’ men’s side (there’s also the surname she shares with Australian singer Tex Perkins) — finally met her namesake.
“He kind of screamed out ‘Tex’ from the top of his lungs and it was quite funny because the team was walking around and he called someone else Tex,” Perkins said.
“So I don’t think he has a problem with sharing his nickname.”

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Beat me to it. WTF is the go with that? Kids sport still on (cricket anyway).

Reckon it's so there's a Super Sunday with the AFLW/JLT matches on Fox Footy. Was the same yesterday with GWS and Freo starting at a similar time (and Brisbane Lions v Collingwood AFLW match on Fox Sports 3).

Back