Past R I P Graeme John

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Sad news with the passing of Graeme a truly great Swan , HOF , All Australian in 66 .
The only person in VFL/AFL that was a player , coach and President , having known him back in the day he was a kind and generous person.
Too much to tell . Could some kind person please put up the story on the Swans website .

Sad news with the passing of Graeme a truly great Swan , HOF , All Australian in 66 .
The only person in VFL/AFL that was a player , coach and President , having known him back in the day he was a kind and generous person.
Too much to tell . Could some kind person please put up the story on the Swans website .

Thank you so much for putting this up , he was a true great of the club

RIP.

Didn't know much about him personally. My father and Grandfather would tell me all about Bedford, Teasdale, Skilton etc but can't remember them talking about him. Sounds like he was pretty talented on and off the field and becoming a senior coach at 29 is pretty remarkable.

Also stepped into the presidency at a pretty rough time in the clubs history.

I am truly shocked at this news.

GJ was a wonderful player for us. He was a classical sticky fingered marking CHF. He was an iffy kick but every now and then would then would shock us with a massive drop kick.

I have many memories of him, including that he was a good bloke. Black armbands on Friday night and I hope Harry C who wears his old number iirc has a blinder.

Sad to see that he is gone. I had a fair bit to do with him as a teenager who spent a lot of time in the rooms after games. He took our losses hard and from his personal point of view its good that he didn't coach longer. We just didn't have the players and he was doing the job along with his other work.

He was an absolutely A1 human being with an extraordinary knowledge and IQ.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back