R.I.P Peter Brock

Remove this Banner Ad

Bourky23 said:
suprised there was no thread.... anyways rest in peace king of the mountain

No thread because all the past weeks threads were lost, but i am surprised it took this long for another one.

As i have said before, the man drove the wrong brand of car, but the way he carried himself and the way he drove the cars he was in demanded respect. The few times i have been lucky to meet him were some of the highlights of my short life and i will never forget them.

R.I.P Peter Brock- The King of the Mountain and Australian legend.

You may have left us, but your name and spirit will forever live on

growing up a Ford man and Blues supporter ,to me Brock was the anti christ .
I recently had the pleasure of meeting the bloke and that meeting altered my opinion of him forever .
He was a great bloke who gave willingly of himself without want of payment or credit .
R.I.P Brocky

commiserations to Julie

NSWCROW said:
WANTED - Macpie for oxygen theft.

Agreed

So sad when people like this are born.... The parents must just want to give them away

As for the service, I thought Crompton spoke well and then his daughter came on..... very emotional, but nothing like poor lil Bindi this morning, that brought tears to my eyes

Macpie for all we know our taxes could be paying for you getting your dole cheque! You are a complete nut head who doesnt understand what sort of impact this person has had on the community. So what if his if his marriage didnt work out, he wasnt even married to bev. It wouldnt be the first state funeral where someone has ended a relationship and started another.

Cromptons speech was amazing, it brought tears to my eyes. His daughters was also a special speech.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice timing on the thread bump

1342481785_7079_Ray-Rice_01-300x286.jpg

I've said this on motor racing site. But it's hard to fathom that Brocky is dead. I met him briefly at a book signing one time. But even on tv. He had so much presence, three's no way he could be dead. It's felt more like he's just not been on tv for a while. RIP Brocky.
I'll always remember in 1997 at Malalla when he was in the pits signing autographs. The bloke was swamped with people and he was polite to everyone and happy to sign everything. The bloke was there for ages. A Ford friend went to get Johnson's autograph and he said he was very rude and did not seem keen at all. Such a difference between those two. No one had the class and the love for their fans like Brock. I got his autograph a lot back in the day, he was always so approachable.

I also remember that day I got Skaifes autograph, there was absolutely no one there, he sat there in is little Sega Saturn camp waiting for someone to ask for a signature. Little did we know what would happen next for him...

There was a doco thing on Mate last night about the 1987 Bathurst 1000.

I always thought Peter Brock was unreal when I was a kid, but I don't think I ever fully understood why (being so young). I get it now.

Arm out the window, hammering around a wet Mount Panorama on slicks. Boss as *.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back