Universal Love R.I.P Thaihawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought i would share this conversation i had with Thaihawk back in Feb 2018.

[IMG]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/29/29351.jpg?1499678842[/IMG]
Thaihawk
Brownlow Medallist
JoinedAug 13, 2006Posts16,054Likes19,417LocationThailandAFL ClubHawthornOther TeamsBox Hill Hawks.
Feb 28, 2018

G'Day John,

I have lived here since 1997, after being made redundant at the end of 1996, and unable to find work in either Melbourne or Perth - too old at 58.
Changed profession from finance to teaching and taught English as a second language at a Thai university until I retired in 2012. Still tutored a couple of students last year.

If you asked me if I had any intention of returning to Australia this time last year, the answer would have been emphatically no, but circumstances have changed and my wife has stage 4 cancer, so my future is uncertain.

We don't live where there are many tourists, but there are many yanks and poms in our town and a few other aussies. It is a very quiet and relaxed lifestyle, at about 1/3rd of the cost of Australia, so living on a pension here is not difficult. Get to watch all the footy too.

All the best,

Mike.

Hawks- part of my extended family.

Such a very nice man who was wise enough about the ways of the world to know that building something great doesn't just happen, it takes patience and perseverance - perhaps Hawthorn taught him that and he in turn taught us.

We will miss him for his insight that only those that lived can provide and for his optimism and fervour for the future.

We will be sad and miss such a passionate member of the Hawthorn family but we also celebrate the life of a great Hawthorn person.

May he rest In peace - a life lived well.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m saddened by this news.

RIP Thaihawk, you were one of my very favourite posters.

I always got the sense when reading his posts that the man behind them was a very relaxed, optimistic and funny guy who was very content with his life. I always enjoyed how much he appreciated my preseason training reports.

Condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

I don't post much during the off season and probably didn't know Thaihawk as well as some of you so was unaware that he was ill or that he had lost his wife recently. Fair to say this news has knocked me sideways a bit :( You just always expect people to be around...

Always enjoyed his posts - had a great tone - measured, rational and passionate and a tone of contentment. We are only able to walk this glorious earth a short time, so like ThaiHawk, best choose your football team carefully (or grow up near a great one!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having been on these forums on and off for over a decade; there was a large period early on when I read posts without reading who posted it. His posts were different though, and always made me pay attention. Loved his stories. Always imagined him to be streaming Hawthorn games, content with life, lush jungle in the background.

Thanks for everything.

I'm terribly saddened to hear this news having enjoyed Thaihawk's posts immensely, and will really miss having him around. My thoughts go out to his family and I hope he enjoys watching our next Premiership from wherever he is now. RIP Thaihawk and thank you for so many fantastic Bigfooty posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back