Universal Love R.I.P Thaihawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is such a thing as heaven, with internet access, I'd imagine Thaihawk would be overwhelmed by all the responces.

Not too bad for an old bloke banging on about the old days to a younger audience whilst at the same time championing our kids and our future.

Well played Sir.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And don't forget we are to Honour his name in some form:):)
This has to executed ASAP.
Not a big poster on here but he was one who made sense in this forum & could connect with all.
Grew up through the tough times in our history & saw the successful periods in the end.
A true Hawk & an absolute gentleman.
Will be sadly missed but never forgotten- make it happen mods!

Thai Hawk

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2012
3 peat city
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Vixens cause they are hot
Apologies in advance for the long post and the time taken in getting responding to this thread, but given all that was written on this thread, I thought it would be good to share a little about my friend and fellow Thai Hawk

Like many of you here, I used to read Thaihawks posts with great interest, especially around the history of our great club. Then one day back in 2012 I got an email from him introducing himself as fellow Thaihawk. Numbers were exchanged and we realised we were living in the same small town in Northern Thailand called Lampang. Upon meeting up, things got a little twighlight zone. Not only did we share a screen name, town and excellent taste in football teams, we also shared the same first name and lived in the same suburb in Melbourne before moving to Thailand (Malvern East). Naturally we became close friends who would get together to watch the games each weekend. He had an amazing memory for detail about the history of the club and would often discuss details of games 50 years or more ago and he had great pride in the way the club changed through the Kennedy years.

When I returned to Thailand for work in 2014, We would catch up when we could to watch the game as I was now located in Chiang Mai, but time was taken off to make sure we saw every finals game together. The Grand final we watched at his house that year he said repeatedly was the happiest day of his life. This is what I remember about him, he was the most passionate supporter I have ever met who loved his club as part of his family. The next year when we watched the 3 peat in the Aussie pub in Chiang Mai, he struggled to hold back the tears as he remembered the journey

The last couple of years, his focus has been on raising his grand daughter and looking after his wife Pen who sadly also lost her battle with cancer a few months earlier. His faith in Clarko and his excitement about our team rebuild were absolute with our early season form so when he found out about his condition, he was in a good place mentally. Up until the end, he also never lost his dislike of Collingwood, then 'the scum', 'AFL swans' and the 'handbaggers' so as I said earlier, he was a man of distinguished taste.

Mike aka fellow Thaihawk, you are dearly missed by all here, your family and myself. Cheers

ps - if anyone would like a copy of his book, I am sure he would be happy for you fellow Hawks to read it. PM me

With his grand daughter earlier in the year

This bought a tear to my eye Thai Hawk - thank you for taking the time to write this and how wonderful that you both had the opportunity so far from your beloved hawks to spend time together enjoying the football

Apologies in advance for the long post and the time taken in getting responding to this thread, but given all that was written on this thread, I thought it would be good to share a little about my friend and fellow Thai Hawk

Like many of you here, I used to read Thaihawks posts with great interest, especially around the history of our great club. Then one day back in 2012 I got an email from him introducing himself as fellow Thaihawk. Numbers were exchanged and we realised we were living in the same small town in Northern Thailand called Lampang. Upon meeting up, things got a little twighlight zone. Not only did we share a screen name, town and excellent taste in football teams, we also shared the same first name and lived in the same suburb in Melbourne before moving to Thailand (Malvern East). Naturally we became close friends who would get together to watch the games each weekend. He had an amazing memory for detail about the history of the club and would often discuss details of games 50 years or more ago and he had great pride in the way the club changed through the Kennedy years.

When I returned to Thailand for work in 2014, We would catch up when we could to watch the game as I was now located in Chiang Mai, but time was taken off to make sure we saw every finals game together. The Grand final we watched at his house that year he said repeatedly was the happiest day of his life. This is what I remember about him, he was the most passionate supporter I have ever met who loved his club as part of his family. The next year when we watched the 3 peat in the Aussie pub in Chiang Mai, he struggled to hold back the tears as he remembered the journey

The last couple of years, his focus has been on raising his grand daughter and looking after his wife Pen who sadly also lost her battle with cancer a few months earlier. His faith in Clarko and his excitement about our team rebuild were absolute with our early season form so when he found out about his condition, he was in a good place mentally. Up until the end, he also never lost his dislike of Collingwood, then 'the scum', 'AFL swans' and the 'handbaggers' so as I said earlier, he was a man of distinguished taste.

Mike aka fellow Thaihawk, you are dearly missed by all here, your family and myself. Cheers

ps - if anyone would like a copy of his book, I am sure he would be happy for you fellow Hawks to read it. PM me

View attachment 703637

Thanks for posting that TH, was great to read!

View attachment 703637

Great post! So good to hear from someone who knew him in person. Warmed my soul to hear how happy he was with the threepeat.

Bittersweet post, Thai Hawk... makes me both more happy for him, and feel the loss a little more. He looks and sounds a lovely bloke. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this

RIP TH

A real loss to the the BF and Hawthorn families

dixyland

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Liverpool FC, Duke,
I'm sad that I just saw this. RIP Thaihawk! I frequently enjoyed your humour and Hawks knowledge over the years.

Only just saw this & sad news to hear.

Thaihawk, given the quality & nature of his posting was a great bloke who shared our love for all things HFC - and what a great life, that included seeing HFC grow from a fledgling easybeat to the power house club that it is today.

My condolences to friends & family & I hope you RIP Thaihawk (well apart from cheering on the Hawks 14th Flag in 2020 ;-)

View attachment 703637

After a couple of wines, I was missing old TH & came here to read the thoughts of others. Reading your post Thai Hawk was both pleasant & strangely painful - for a guy that I often conversed with, sometimes disagreed with & never met - I miss him greatly...

If I were to apply one adjective to thaihawk, it would undoubtedly be 'Pride'*. He was the proudest HFC supporter I've ever met (or 'e-met') - possibly because he'd seen it happen with his own eyes & lived it - from 'rags to riches'.

There wasn't a bad time lost on Thaihawk; nor a good time not celebrated.

I've no idea how to sign off a post like this so I'm gonna end with: Go Hawks!

*I don't care if 'Pride' isn't an adjective - shut up & appreciate the post for what it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back