Radio R.I.P. Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Bryza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Melbourne's Rush Hour has been pre-recorded all year at ~3pm, and on air at 6pm. There's been a few cases where the podcast was released before it went to air.
Yeah there's been a few times in recent months where I've listened to the podcast then been in the car between 6-7pm to hear the same episode go 'live' to air.

Love the banter between JB and Bill, really enjoyed it when it was 2 hours in the arvo as it gave the poddy more content. If they were to eventually just do the podcast then I hope they can extend it out to at least an hour.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Love the banter between JB and Bill, really enjoyed it when it was 2 hours in the arvo as it gave the poddy more content. If they were to eventually just do the podcast then I hope they can extend it out to at least an hour.
Subtracting "pre-pre-recorded" intros, outros and ads, Tuesday's podcast content was 23 minutes :D

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
They could instantly improve both by getting rid of Purple.
Purples fine, the duck and bill are just sh*t at taking the piss out of others. It went from a show where mates would take the piss out of each other too basically a show where they take the piss out of bill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pistol Night

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
JB just taking the piss now with his Rush Hour appearances. Another once must listen to show thats on its last legs. fu** Triple M management have successfully f’ed the joint in the last 3 years.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
JB just taking the piss now with his Rush Hour appearances. Another once must listen to show thats on its last legs. fu** Triple M management have successfully f’ed the joint in the last 3 years.
I'd suspect its cost cutting if anything. JB wouldn't be cheap even if they record multiple shows in advance. I'd guess it was part of his Covid contract negotiation. I agree it is a bit of a joke now, the show seems like it is being phased out.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon it's a reasonable assumption that Brayshaw would being saying things like, "this is bulldust. I'm contracted to be on air from late March to the end of September, not to the end of October", hence the 'part-time-ness'

Last edited:

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
He's getting on, no doubt isn't hard up for a buck and has secured a plum gig on TV for both seasonal codes. He's a much better radio talent than TV but we are lucky we are still getting anything of him on MMM

Remove this Banner Ad