Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
BT seems a bit sensitive to me love him but over the 18 years I’ve been listening to MMM there has been a few times where he seems to love to give it and not love the taking it. He seems to get over it reasonably quickly though.
He seemed to love seeing Bill
I don't think anyone loves taking it more than giving it apart from Sam Newman. But yeah that seems a weird moment for them to fall out, had been pretty chummy on the Ms for a while though.

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
BT can obviously handle people taking the piss out of him but Bill is just incessant, with poor timing and generally unfunny. He thinks everyone loves him as a piss head dopey bastard but is finding out that it’s not the case
I like Bill more than you seem to, but this is generally correct. I don't believe for a second that the ongoing series' of Bristle's old 927 interviews or old press clippings were the result of a random guy dropping them off at Clarendon St - BT has brought them in for a bit of ME time. So that Grand Final episode last year was a bit bizarre when he stopped taking the joke.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I like Bill more than you seem to, but this is generally correct. I don't believe for a second that the ongoing series' of Bristle's old 927 interviews or old press clippings were the result of a random guy dropping them off at Clarendon St - BT has brought them in for a bit of ME time. So that Grand Final episode last year was a bit bizarre when he stopped taking the joke.
I don't mind Bill, for instance on the Rush hour his and JBs little schtick is funny. The Saturday rub was about mates taking the piss hard and doing those little pre productions stories, building to a reveal on spud mostly.
Chompers, make up gate, me me article etc.

Bill and Duck have no ability to do that. JB and Gaz were fantastic at it, sh*t even Damo can do it quite well.

Bill can't plan anything, he's got some funny one liners but that's it. Duck doesn't have a personality

Maybe Tomorrow

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I don't mind Bill, for instance on the Rush hour his and JBs little schtick is funny. The Saturday rub was about mates taking the piss hard and doing those little pre productions stories, building to a reveal on spud mostly.
Chompers, make up gate, me me article etc.

Bill and Duck have no ability to do that. JB and Gaz were fantastic at it, sh*t even Damo can do it quite well.

Bill can't plan anything, he's got some funny one liners but that's it. Duck doesn't have a personality
I thought Judd fitted in well. He was arrogant enough to not care if they took the piss out of him, and bright enough to know that's how Triple M works. And he obviously was a gun player so that helped.

Think if they get him back in place of Duck the Saturday show would be better. The Chief is excellent to for similar reasons, him back is a big win.

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Richmond AFLW
I thought Judd fitted in well. He was arrogant enough to not care if they took the piss out of him, and bright enough to know that's how Triple M works. And he obviously was a gun player so that helped.

Think if they get him back in place of Duck the Saturday show would be better. The Chief is excellent to for similar reasons, him back is a big win.

Judd's one of the boys albeit the nerdy one.
Duck isn't.

When there were those interviews with Andrew Embley and Dean Cox, Juddy's banter and gentle ribbing were shown in their glory.

They were funny moments.

Maybe Tomorrow

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Judd's one of the boys albeit the nerdy one.
Duck isn't.

When there were those interviews with Andrew Embley and Dean Cox, Juddy's banter and gentle ribbing were shown in their glory.

They were funny moments.
Yeah he ran rings around Browny, who seems pretty sensitive for a bloke with a few interesting characteristics.

Remove this Banner Ad