Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

They said last week that today's from the vault with BT is a Jason Dunstall interview conducted at around 5:45AM on a Saturday morning. I bet The Chief was in a happy and cheerful mood at that time of the day!

I'm so glad you said it. I didn't know if I was just heavily invested in the game.

But I had the IQ3 and the AFL radio app synced too perfection and it was just brilliance- JB & BT are fantastic together.

I enjoyed BT hanging s**t on Carey about Schwass special comments.

If there is one thing which wasn't quite right about the the call for the last two years was the dynamic with special comments since Garry left and then to a lesser extent Spud. Garry for his faults is an unbelievable analyst and at times played the third commentator role in the box. Carey for all his playing greatness is not as strong as Garry in terms
of technical analysis and illustrating that through the spoken medium (just my opinion).

I think Schwass did a great job similar to when Luke Darcy did the special comments for last years grand final - both have what Carey lacks in terms of expressing themselves.

Also any thoughts who will be doing the Grand Final commentary on MMM this year.

Brian and Carey will be doing 7.

JB - lock for prime commentator
Luke Darcy- second commentator?

Wayne Schwass- special comments
Nathan Brown- special comments

Also any thoughts who will be doing the Grand Final commentary on MMM this year.

Brian and Carey will be doing 7.

JB - lock for prime commentator
Luke Darcy- second commentator?

Wayne Schwass- special comments
Nathan Brown- special comments
Schwass never does special comments. He's a caller.

My bet is Mark Howard. He's the lead caller on Friday night and Sunday afternoon. It'll be JB and him, or perhaps Luke Darcy but he's normally used by Seven's coverage in some superfluous capacity. Otherwise it very well could be Schwass as the second caller

Special comments will be Nathan Brown and Chris Judd. Judd would be on decent cash at MMM and they've used him like a poster boy for their 2017 coverage, so I wouldn't imagine they'd turf him for the GF. They also have Paul Roos on their roster and he could be a possibility instead of Nathan Brown, but Roos might also be doing the Fox Footy pre-match panel which could restrict his time

JB, Howard, Judd, Nathan Brown/Roos would be my guess, with the usual company of Chua on stats, Neroli boundary, Rohan White injury reports etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bet is Mark Howard. He's the lead caller on Friday night and Sunday afternoon. It'll be JB and him, or perhaps Luke Darcy but he's normally used by Seven's coverage in some superfluous capacity. Otherwise it very well could be Schwass as the second caller

Special comments will be Nathan Brown and Chris Judd. Judd would be on decent cash at MMM and they've used him like a poster boy for their 2017 coverage, so I wouldn't imagine they'd turf him for the GF. They also have Paul Roos on their roster and he could be a possibility instead of Nathan Brown, but Roos might also be doing the Fox Footy pre-match panel which could restrict his time

JB, Howard, Judd, Nathan Brown/Roos would be my guess, with the usual company of Chua on stats, Neroli boundary, Rohan White injury reports etc.

Schwass did the specials last Saturday and it was the best since Garry left.

If Howard is doing the call I will not listen. He is terrible such a bad caller

Also Darcy always does Triple M regardless of TV Commitments since the rights have been with 7.

Last year he did specials with BT joining JB in the commentators chair.

Juat some Triple M news.

Not sure about other states but in Adelaide The Sporting Probe (Roy & HG) has been moved from Saturday mornings to Sunday mornings. It hasn't rated well and is probably a better fit on Sundays.

Dead Set Legends returns to the 9am to noon slot with Greg Blewett a permanent member in 2018.

Saw that Dunstall wasn't doing On the Couch this year. With less media commitments, any chance we might see him back doing special comments on Triple M? Always enjoyed his work on Friday nights.

Bloody hope so, would love if they got him onto Saturdays and replaced Carey but I think his fox commitments might stop him

Billy Brownless was doing special comments today (and not very well) with Wayne Carey (who is also very average).

Surely the "special comments" talent pool is not so thin that this is what it has come to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back