Team Captain
Jun 6, 2016
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
MelbourneStars, Triple Eight Racing
They’ve gutted the place…
This weeks lineup reeks of B Grade, something not normally associated with Triple M IMO.

Thursday Night footy:

Wayne Schwass, Barry Denner, Nathan Brown, Luke Hodge, Jay Clark, Michael Roberts, Ash Chua

Friday ‘Huddle’/Friday Night Footy

Luke Darcy, Mark Howard, Chris Judd, Nathan Brown, Damian Barrett, Neroli Meadows, Dr Rohan White, Ash Chua

Saturday Rub:

James Brayshaw, Brian Taylor, Wayne Carey, Damian Barrett,

Sunday Rub/Sunday Afternoon Footy

Mark Howard, Wayne Schwass, Wayne Carey, Paul Roos, Jay Clark, Michael Roberts, Ash Chua

I know that many unforeseen circumstances have forced their hand somewhat, but I miss the good old days of the rub with JB, Garry, Chief, Spud and Damo (or a combination of them anyway)… I didn’t even mind last year without Garry. But this year, Barrett is the only one left from that great team left on a Friday night. Why did JB have to give up Friday nights? I mean, it’s not like he’s up to his ears in work… no more footy show, no more NMFC, and as far as I can tell, the rush hour is his only other major commitment throughout the week. And what has happened to Dunstall? He has been on the midweek rub on the rush hour, but he hasn’t appeared on the footy broadcast yet. Does anyone know if he’s coming back to the coverage or if he too is scaling back his radio work?

It has definitely affected the way I consume footy, and I will certainly not be listening to the Ms as much as I used to… it is a sad state of affairs.

Yeah, I'm a bit spewin' that Lyon's busy pecker has busted up the band. It was pretty funny when they were all together hanging s**t on each other.

Brayshaw only doing one day a week is a big surprise.

Saturdays should still be ok with BT throwing some s**t around, but I reckon the other days will be average.
Roos has always bored the crap out of me; he's too serious for my taste

I think they got hammered on Friday nights in the last couple of ratings surveys last year, so I guess that's motivation to make changes

Is it possible with the new Radio Rights deal there was pressure from the AFL for Triple M to be less blokey and change their approach to their coverage given some of the issues in recent years?

I don't think putting Roy and HG on a Saturday morning has worked. People want AFL talk on a Saturday. I think they might have been a better fit for a Sunday which is the case in some states.

All 3 days have lost a bit. Fridays without JB and Chief not there. Saturday without Spud. Sunday without BT.
Mark howard is more a Saturday night operator. Not a Friday night/Saturday afternoon one

On GT-P5210 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, it's on life support.

Juddy has been a surprisingly quality pick up. But Mark Howard is just the ultimate boner killer when I'm excited about footy. Nathan Brown is boring as hell. Darcy needs the right people around him to be quality.

The Friday Rub was the indicator that my weekend had started. Driving home from work, going to the bottle o, getting home, then carpooling with my mates to watch local C grade, all with JB, Chief, Spud, Damo, BT, Darc etc. Hanging s**t on each other and talking about the week ahead in footy.

Now I have to listen to Mark Howard try and be cool and funny when sounding like a pathetic aging hipster.

It's sad to see what it's become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Friday Rub was the indicator that my weekend had started. Driving home from work, going to the bottle o, getting home, then carpooling with my mates to watch local C grade, all with JB, Chief, Spud, Damo, BT, Darc etc. Hanging s**t on each other and talking about the week ahead in footy.

Now I have to listen to Mark Howard try and be cool and funny when sounding like a pathetic aging hipster.

It's sad to see what it's become.

It has definitely affected the way I consume footy, and I will certainly not be listening to the Ms as much as I used to… it is a sad state of affairs.

These two comments resonate strongly with me.

Would knock off work on time on a Friday (unusual for me), had to make sure I was in the car before 6pm.

It's been apparent that the glory days are over for a while now, as the magic was lost once Garry departed, though the shows were still a quality listen last year (even if not at the level we'd become accustomed to).

Was really hoping seeing as they took Spud at SEN (only works when he has Garry to play off/direct him) that we might see a bit of ship jumping, but it was not to be. Perhaps the blokey, boys club humour is done in the modern age.

Even the name "Friday Huddle" sounds like a weak, watered down knockoff. Darcy is absolutely lost without JB or Chief, and Howie was harmless enough on Sundays, but makes me want to rip my ears off with this amount of exposure. Juddy has been a great pick up, but he's a couple of years too late, would've been a perfect fit in the pre-2016 era.

It's a real shame, because the Friday/Saturday (and as a nice alternative, Sunday) Rub was a huge part of my weekly footy routine, and I feel like I've lost a bit of my enjoyment of the media surrounding the game as a result.

I don't think putting Roy and HG on a Saturday morning has worked. People want AFL talk on a Saturday. I think they might have been a better fit for a Sunday which is the case in some states.

That was a Sydney centric decision (removing the Dead Set Legends up there as we knew it, then using that name to replace their Rush Hour was a worse mistake) and it seems they're trying to favour NRL coverage even though the AFL coverage in the Northern States has expanded with Saturday Night games through the network regardless of whether a local team is playing.

Only listen Saturdays to JB & BT. The rest is complete garbage

The North show with Purple, JB and Carey?

Plus BT the massive dickhead.

Almost rather stick pins in my ears.

Radio as a whole seems pretty s**t this year. It's like someone has gotten all the radio figures and randomly assigned them to different networks. Not really any good crews to listen to.

Yeah, it's sad what Triple M has become now. Has the ratings book come out yet? Surely there's been a massive drop off in listener numbers.

Haven't tuned in for a second of the Friday night coverage all year when it used to be must-listen radio. I don't know why they've gutted a lot of the traditional Triple M team (Chief, JB, Spud) but whatever the reasons are they've killed the station for many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back