Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yeah they and AFL nation call some games from the Studio. Triple M are calling more this year than others. They appear to be having cutbacks.

Triple M feels to have alot of B graders now a days. BT and JB have significantly reduced their time plus losing Lyon and Dunstall. Nothing against the guys on there but they don't have the same star power.

Just on Triple M Adelaide the Rush Hour has been reduced (an hour now on digital radio) to accomodate the Kennedy / Molloy show. All stations are also networking even more shows / on air announcers across the country.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
His contract was probably up and decided not to re-sign. He's busy enough on TV as it is he probably just wanted a lighter workload.

I miss the Chief at his truculent best

I miss triple m. Juddy can be funny on Fridays but mark howards ' don't make fun of me let's be friends' is s**t.

I miss JB Wolf Spud Chief BT even Sam Newman ripping into each other. It's all too friendly and similar now.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The Rub glory days are well well well gone and the forced banter isn't really fooling anyone.

Rub took a massive hit with the Caroline Wilson big freeze incident, heaps of people have a go at its culture etc.

Allowing Mark Howard to run MMM has killed it. Blokes boring not funny and would rather talk to the players wives than provide entertaining content.

Carey isn't funny, Darcy was funny when chief was pencil necking him but that's gone. Juddy is great but the rest don't understand the rub and what it was and should be. Sadly I never see it coming back.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Ha, that explains my confusion from Saturday - JB during the Rub definitely referred to Hobart being "down there" rather than "here", so assumed he was doing the Rub from the Melbourne studio and the others were there. But then heard him calling so was confused. All makes sense

Have Triple M started calling games off the tv?

Are you thinking this after yesterday’s game at Tassie? Because that 120% was my thoughts - was a good call but was fooling no one

I mused this in an SEN thread somewhere here, and that was the general consensus

The Rub glory days are well well well gone and the forced banter isn't really fooling anyone.

Rub took a massive hit with the Caroline Wilson big freeze incident, heaps of people have a go at its culture etc.

chemistry is the key, which the old guard had. the newbies are trying to mimic it and it's not hte same.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I gather they're doing the 3:20pm game off the tv again today. I don't know why they don't do the early game in Melbourne and get a local crew to do interstate, like they used to do. Last Sunday was particularly baffling, because the early game was Carlton v Melbourne, and the later game was in Brisbane. They've used to Brisbane Triple M guys many times

I can only guess that they want the bigger names -- Carey and Roos -- on air in the later arvo. I can't remember the last time they did an early Sunday game

It seems as though 3aw are in Alice Springs

Last edited:

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm pretty sure today's game in Tassie was also called off the tv. I'll listen to the pre-game podcast later for clues. :p
One dead giveaway is that all the interviews are on the phone instead of in person in the box

I guess Brayshaw would have time to fly back for the Ch 7 game, but it's obviously much easier to stay in Melbourne all day. Hutchy reckons they started calling off the tv to cater for Brayshaw's Ch 7 commitments.

They also did Brisbane vs Essendon off the telly on last Sunday week. Good work, Sherlock :D

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm pretty sure today's game in Tassie was also called off the tv. I'll listen to the pre-game podcast later for clues. :p
One dead giveaway is that all the interviews are on the phone instead of in person in the box

I guess Brayshaw would have time to fly back for the Ch 7 game, but it's obviously much easier to stay in Melbourne all day. Hutchy reckons they started calling off the tv to cater for Brayshaw's Ch 7 commitments.

They also did Brisbane vs Essendon off the telly on last Sunday week. Good work, Sherlock :D

Sunday footy show grilling of Nathan Brown 'being there' would give it away they did the call off the tv

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Saturday afternoon is still a great broadcast everything else is subpar

Billy is pretty funny with the quiz but it's not the same without them revealing deeply personal things and torching each other for it.
I reckon Gaz had a big part in production, has lost something since he went.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Statement from Mike Fitzpatrick, Head of Content, Triple M:

“Tonight on Triple M Football there were unacceptable and inappropriate comments made by a member of the commentary team.

"The commentator was removed immediately from the broadcast and an apology was issued on air afterwards.

"Immediate action was taken with the termination of employment for one team member”

Last edited:

lepregnome

All Australian
Dec 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone know what was said tonight?

“Tonight on Triple M Football there were unacceptable and inappropriate comments made by a member of the commentary team.

"The commentator was removed immediately from the broadcast and an apology was issued on air afterwards.

"Immediate action was taken with the termination of employment for one team member”

Barry Hall was the one who was sacked

""

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari

A3523A5C-BD8E-43CD-A2C5-04FA9AF53ED0.png

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Hall came across as a bit smug and self-satisfied on ‘The Front Bar a few weeks back (especially considering the multiple low points in his career), so not surprised at this.

Why is he back doing footy media anyway? Though after his Fox Footy stint finished he seemed to be saying it wasn’t for him.

Back