Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who subscribes to the podcast and only listens to Saturday, deleting the rest from my feed?

I still listen to Friday's because it's better than the alternatives but * I wish they would kick out Howard and replace him with someone more MMM.

Also wish they would * Carey off of Saturday's and bring back spud

Am I the only one who subscribes to the podcast and only listens to Saturday, deleting the rest from my feed?
Saturday is the best by far, but I also listen to the others. I save the Saturday Rub for my "prime time" listening, which is usually after work on Saturday nights. :D
I make excuses to get out of after-work drinks, because I'd much rather get straight in my car and drive home slowly with a cheap cappuccino while listening to the Rub. Ah, heaven. :p The solitude and The Rub. Ha

I think Paul Roos has found his niche in a radio context at 3AW. I don't mean that as a potshot at him or the station he's joined, i just think his more serious style is more suited to an AM station. He didn't seem like a natural fit for what MMM usually go for.

It was strange how 3AW didn't announce Roos until about Round 2 as well. There must have been some disagreement between Roos and Triple M and Eade stepped in late.

Yeah, because they announced during MMM’s pre game coverage of the GWS v Essendon game that Roos wouldn’t be joining them at all in 2019 and it seemed that those who were on air at the time had been expecting him to be calling that very game alongside them. They mentioned that they had to bring in a replacement.

Also did anyone else notice the North V Hawthorn game go off air in Melbourne and they were playing music instead? I turned on to listen the last quarter and music was playing until about half way through the last quarter.

Obvious why they did it but both The Footy Show and MMM chose Billy over Garry and have gone downhill since; TFS especially which is for all intents and purposes dead. Fridays in 2012 with Chief, Gaz, JB, Purps and Foss added in was absolute gold.
Don't forget the human pipecleaner aswell, they had lots of classic bits with him as a foil to the chief. The only guy that can fit his head through a coin slot without rubbing his ears.

Don't forget the human pipecleaner aswell, they had lots of classic bits with him as a foil to the chief. The only guy that can fit his head through a coin slot without rubbing his ears.
Darcy the beginning of the end. Too much of an egotist to know his role in that group is not the star but a cog to set up the others. Thought he was funny like the rest of them as is not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just loved listening to Mark Howard talking to James Hird about playing on ANZAC Day. Don’t particularly like Hird in general but that chat was great radio
Hird is excellent I reckon. When he commentated in the St Kilda game. He made the others look rather stupid

* the way chief used to put Mudflap in his place was legendary.

Normally don’t listen to Triple M at games but struggled to get decent AM coverage at the ‘G yesterday. Was very impressed by Hird’s special comments all game. How many games a week is he doing for them?

I think just the one. Not a fan of the bloke either but yeah he was good.

Hird is excellent I reckon. When he commentated in the St Kilda game. He made the others look rather stupid

3v6wd.jpg

Seriously though, I totally agree.

I wasn't a big fan of Hird as a bloke or a commentator - but come yesterday I found myself thinking "he did his crime, he did his time, we can't punish him forever", justifying to myself that I was enjoying listening to him.

It's just so painful to listen to now. The segments are all so staged and their over-enthusiasm shines through as being completely artificial. Duck Carey playing Wolf's old role as the arrogant alpha male doesn't work. Wolf was, for lack of a better term, a very skilled performer. Duck simply isn't and he sounds uncomfortable when trying to be. Somewhat ironic given that, from all report, Duck is capable of giving himself love bites in the mirror.

It's just so painful to listen to now. The segments are all so staged and their over-enthusiasm shines through as being completely artificial. Duck Carey playing Wolf's old role as the arrogant alpha male doesn't work. Wolf was, for lack of a better term, a very skilled performer. Duck simply isn't and he sounds uncomfortable when trying to be. Somewhat ironic given that, from all report, Duck is capable of giving himself love bites in the mirror.

I reckon it’s a bit simpler then that.

Lyon is funny.
Carey is not.

The Pluck a Duck segment is s**t too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back