Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
They must have been calling from the studio, as in the pre game both Mark Howard and Jay Clark were saying things like the Hawks taking on Carlton “down there in Launceston” and “it looks like a sunny day down in Launceston today”.

The picture above also looks like you can see the heritage listed NAB building in Clarendon Street, South Melbourne in the background (which is across the road from the MMM studios.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I reckon it’s a bit simpler then that.

Lyon is funny.
Carey is not.

The Pluck a Duck segment is s**t too.

Spot on. Duck is the least funny Saturday rub member ever.
Bill I like on the rush hour but he's too slow to get involved in the banter.

If they could piss off Carey and bring back Spud or Chief it would instantly improve as BT and JB have to carry all the humour.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Should be a separate thread on Mark Howard.
The guy makes my ears bleed. .
He's worse when he tries to be serious and emotional. Some of the 'serious' crap I've heard from his Howie Games Podcast makes me feel a bit crook. He puts on a croaky voice, almost like he's about to cry, like Neil Mitchell sometimes does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
The Rub is nothing like it was at it's best with Lyon & Frawley, but I still go back and listen to the podcasts when there's been news about (like with Brad Scott.)

The fact that they've been playing the same Jane Kennedy/Mick Molloy promo for over a year - that was never funny to begin with - is a shocking indictment on their show and on the station. This (along with SEN's plethora of ads) is why I so rarely listen to commercial radio any more.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I spent a lot of today driving, so I heard a bit of the Triple M coverage:

- they weren't at all subtle about not being in Townsville. They spoke about being in South Melbourne (ie. the studio) during the rub.
- Chua wasn't on today, he managed to get himself into the North Melbourne premiership reunion.
- coming back from half time they talked about Bill being back from the marquee, so maybe he was in Townsville? Unlikely though.
- you could tell during the coverage that they were calling off the tv - it's brazenly obvious when they're making errors and showing surprise at things that wouldn't happen if you were calling from today.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Been happening for years for SEN, Fox and Triple M in the AFL and happening more and more in all sports. The worst was when Triple M called a Ballarat game from the studio.

I found Cricket Nation was bad over summer doing the BBL at basically lying that they were there.

The AFL want big media rights deals so the media outlets have to save money somehow. For the Triple M team they probably save travel for 10 people plus the technical costs. It also allows them to use their A team who generally have other commitments over the weekend and can't always travel.

I think years ago it was worth a complaint when they pretended they were at the game, now at least they are honest about it.

I think it is the new world which will only get worse and we have to accept it but I think it is good that they are at least owning up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back