Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Spud was great on Triple M with Garry. I loved it. Some of his "glass eye", "Golden Trumpet" and "Head-Wobbler" stuff had me pissing myself, and that bit Garry did about him when he found out that he took his own makeup to Fox Footy was priceless. I was spewin when that all ended on Triple M

Last edited:

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
This is hard. I was a fan of Triple M for a million years, right back from the early 2000's. Saturday afternoon was required and essential listening.

There's moments from that time that are folklore, but here are five of my favourite bits from that time, that I still go back and listen to today.

R.I.P

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
This is hard. I was a fan of Triple M for a million years, right back from the early 2000's. Saturday afternoon was required and essential listening.

There's moments from that time that are folklore, but here are five of my favourite bits from that time, that I still go back and listen to today.

R.I.P

And the all-time classic Makeupgate from 2011

"What are you looking for Spud, a bronzer?"

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
The chemistry JB, Gary, Spud and Damo had was the best. It felt like the fourth wall was broken and you knew what kind of bloke Spud was. They clearly all were great mates

Together they made one of the greatest radio shows in the world. Last night really affected me and I had never spoken more than 2 words to the bloke.

RIP SPUD

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The chemistry JB, Gary, Spud and Damo had was the best. It felt like the fourth wall was broken and you knew what kind of bloke Spud was. They clearly all were great mates

Together they made on of the radio shows in the world. Last night really affected me and I had never spoken more than 2 words to the bloke.

RIP SPUD
Completely agree, no matter how much money or production time you put in you won't find a funnier show with more chemistry than the Saturday rub. I feel like a part of Melbourne's culture died with Spud.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

R.I.P

Dr Daniel Frawley, I’m in tears from laughing so hard. RIP legend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Triple M and SEN will do a joint Saturday Rub in tribute to Danny Frawley at 12pm.
This will include JB, BT, Garry and Purple.
Wow that's actually amazing. Probably gonna struggle to bring the laughs but what an amazing joint effort from the stations and what an amazing treat for us fans

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It is funny that most of the great memories of spud are of the piss being taken out of him, but the best gold was always the last 2 few minutes when he cracked it and started giving drive buys to journalists and ex team mates just because JB called him soft lol

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
It is funny that most of the great memories of spud are of the piss being taken out of him, but the best gold was always the last 2 few minutes when he cracked it and started giving drive buys to journalists and ex team mates just because JB called him soft lol

One of my favourites was one day down at Geelong when Purple tee'd off on him... and Spud's response was to tear through Basil "Bizzel" Zempilas for being "out on the green."

Another great one was where the heat had been on Spud, and Victorian cricket legend made the mistake of texting in how fun it was - leading to Spud strafing him about being bitter for never having played for Australia.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
One of my favourites was one day down at Geelong when Purple tee'd off on him... and Spud's response was to tear through Basil "Bizzel" Zempilas for being "out on the green."

Another great one was where the heat had been on Spud, and Victorian cricket legend made the mistake of texting in how fun it was - leading to Spud strafing him about being bitter for never having played for Australia.

Stiff cheddar chuck! Weren't quite good enough were ya mate! Still better you never got a crack aye chuck? Say no at the dinner table chuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back