Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to know who was responsible for producing the show back then. I know they have the big nose but JB wrote alot of the scripts and i reckon Gaz was heavy into the production aswell. As soon as he left the show went down hill especially as JB doesn't have an equal to bounce things off. Why Chief left MMM as well as he stumped, his verbal strafes were legendary

I still love the rub because I think JB is a radio genius, for a man with such an ego (apparently) I think he is the best most unselfish host you’d ever see.

The old rub was brilliant because JB had Garry who was a great facilitator as well, so either of them start a little fire and prod and prod and get someone like Spud who was an amazing reactor and an amazing broadcaster to unload.

The new rub is still good but I feel like JB has to spend too much time to get a reaction out of Wayne Carey who is a really really poor broadcaster despite being a great footballer

Probably will end up useless but is there anyway we can petition for the original Saturday rub crew to get back together? It sounds like Billy and Gaz have made up and this is the radio we miss so badly
I'd be shocked if that happened in the near future, because Garry and Tim Watson is one of the few things going ok on SEN at the moment. Then again, it's fair to assume that Southern Cross Austereo have got heaps more cash to throw around than Pacific Star (SEN owners)

It's still going. Grouse. JB said the other day that it was only gunna be 90 mins

I could listen to Spud and stories about Spud all day. Not complaining one bit. Hopefully it gets archived and kept up forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else want to know how their quaddie went today? Very appropriate if it saluted today.

Only caught like the last hour or so and was full of laughs. Such a great bunch of guys and Spud truly was one of a kind. He will be missed.

For guys who didn't listen to the rub in the day get around these clubs. Spud was a comic genius, honestly stand up comedians couldn't get you laughing as hard as this bloke

Totally agree. His appearances on other forms of media ( Bounce, SEN ) are Spud restrained. His rub persona is absolutely stand out comedy at its best. Just so bloody good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back