Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I forgot how good it used to be. However, as BT more or less said, it sounds awesome when the highlights are heard all at once.
BT doesn't even do his bombs anymore

JB doesn't run through people, there's barely any piss taken because Bill and Duck are not funny at all on that Saturday platform. Ducks the main killer, no one makes fun of him and he's not funny either. He's a complete momentum stopper.

The only 2 funny ones are JB and BT and they don't have Wolf or Chief or Spud to wind up and let loose

I loved hearing Saturday, I get they were all highlights but the regular shows were a must listen for me on a Friday night and Saturday afternoons.

The most obvious thing for me is the on air chemistry Lyon and Brayshaw have which is very natural. The others were able to fit in around that. It is a shame they are not on radio together anymore

I feel like the current group always seems a bit forced.

For me personally I have never understood the appeal Chris Judd has on radio. Mark Howard is okay but no JB.

It just all feels like the 'B team' now a days.

Last edited:
I forgot how good it used to be. However, as BT more or less said, it sounds awesome when the highlights are heard all at once.
BT doesn't even do his bombs anymore
It's true, but also cuts out the boring bits. Friday night analysis, interviews with coaches. No one is tuning in for an hour of that a week but it's what we get now

I loved hearing Saturday, I get they were all highlights but the regular shows were a must listen for me on a Friday night and Saturday afternoons.

The most obvious thing for me is the on air chemistry Lyon and Brayshaw have which is very natural. The others were able to fit in around that. It is a shame they are not on radio together anymore

I feel like the current group always seems a bit forced.

For me personally I have never understood the appeal Chris Judd has on radio. Mark Howard is okay but no JB.

It just all feels like the 'B team' now a days.

Judd just comes across as an arrogant p****. Can’t wash that off.

I’d love to download those old eps again. Lost a bunch from the early 2010s that I was planning on keeping for good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB doesn't run through people, there's barely any piss taken because Bill and Duck are not funny at all on that Saturday platform. Ducks the main killer, no one makes fun of him and he's not funny either. He's a complete momentum stopper.

The only 2 funny ones are JB and BT and they don't have Wolf or Chief or Spud to wind up and let loose
Oh i dont know, Billy gave Duck a fair bit of s**t about having a busy Mothers Day! :tearsofjoy:

Anyone got a view on Triple M continuing with covering football long term?

They are cost cutting everywhere within the organisation. The football coverage has been cut back over the last few years and they didn't continue with Cricket mainly due to costs.

It wouldn't surprise me if they dropped out of calling games in the next few years and perhaps just kept a few football shows.

Anyone got a view on Triple M continuing with covering football long term?

They are cost cutting everywhere within the organisation. The football coverage has been cut back over the last few years and they didn't continue with Cricket mainly due to costs.

It wouldn't surprise me if they dropped out of calling games in the next few years and perhaps just kept a few football shows.

Nah can’t see it...football is their bread and butter and would be one of their biggest revenue drivers

surely costs more to broadcast every game on a saturday vs the saturday rub 12-6 (incl game call of course) then another game saturday night. weird they moved away from what was such a great formula 5+ years ago (although be much harder now given JB/BT/Carey call for 7)

Yeah, I'd be shocked if they canned the footy.
On a side note, "Brainless and Bradshaw" are moving to a one-hour show at 6pm.
That will reduce my listening commitments a little in what is a hectic season of pre-games and podcasts, so it's a good thing. :D

surely costs more to broadcast every game on a saturday vs the saturday rub 12-6 (incl game call of course) then another game saturday night. weird they moved away from what was such a great formula 5+ years ago (although be much harder now given JB/BT/Carey call for 7)
Called a few games off the TV last year from memory - not quality

That will reduce my listening commitments a little in what is a hectic season of pre-games and podcasts, so it's a good thing. :D
That sucks the rush hour is one of the few untouched bits of MMM radio left.

Why back to an hour only?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back