Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Molloy, but I can't listen to his show, because Kennedy and the other bloke have got too much of the typical FM fakeness about them.
I would've liked the arvos to stay how it was, or perhaps they could've had Rush Hour at 3, and Kennedy and Molloy at 5. Ah well, I'll get over it. :D

Also, is it just me, or is the FM talk show format a bit of a copout the way they can fill space with songs?
Taking out songs, ads, intros and other 'stingers', the Rush Hour often has less than 28 mins content per hour. People complain about ads on SEN, but they always have at least 37 mins content per hour; more during off-peak hours.

Last edited:

The Barry HALL thing? Sometimes even when you don't agree with the level of outrage you can still understand why it is happening (like drowning Wilson); with the sticky fingers I literally had no idea why it caught fire the way it did....(FFS, a 60 Minutes Mea Culpa?????)
Why did the others keep their job. Especially Montagna

Crikey! 24 mins of Rush Hour tonight. :D In fact, it's about 23.5 mins if ya take out the recorded bits and a live ad

Between the Rush Hours Brayshaw will miss because of Thurs/Fri night footy and the MMM Saturday call he'll miss when he has to fly interstate for 7, he must be the highest paid radio man per hour by the length of the Flemington straight.

Between the Rush Hours Brayshaw will miss because of Thurs/Fri night footy and the MMM Saturday call he'll miss when he has to fly interstate for 7, he must be the highest paid radio man per hour by the length of the Flemington straight.

Is he going to Tokyo? I presume he would have some role but that might just be hosting from Australia. Either way that might reduce his shows even more.

Last edited:
Can’t see it lasting the whole year if JB is hardly there.

Brownless cant host a show and is useless without his sidekick.

He was meant to do morning breakfast over summer but lasted how long, a few days?

He was on Celebrity on 10 and was the most quiet person on there.

His dumb shtick is getting old fast.

What the hell's happened to the Rush Hour? Moving it to 6pm which is literally a death spot for week day radio and making it an hour?

Everything went downhill after the Caro drowning incident. I think Spud had taken his mental health break either that year or the year before that, but you could tell when he came back things didn't really feel the same. Then the thing The Gaz and Billy happened and that was it

Yeah nah, cutting out the recorded "stingers", yesterday's Rush Hour had just over 23 mins of content again. It's barely worth it. I'm trying to think of any other "one hour" talk radio show with music.

The station is happy for it to die, they don't see Sport talk anymore as an important part of their programming. They just want as many nationally syndicated shows as possible and to save money.

I don't know for sure but I suspect Brayshaw not being on so often is even part of their cost cutting. It is possible they have negotiated for him to be on less to save money and he has so much else on he is happy to cut back on radio in 2020.

For the ratings they get Triple M is very expensive for Austereo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monitoring the content minutes of a daily radio show is one of the more disturbing things I've seen online.
Eh, I cheated this time. :D I did it off the podcast

They should pay Chief what he wants to get him on Saturday and piss Carey back to Sundays. Chief and Bill had great chemistry on the old midweek rub, which even though it was only half an hour or so bettered anything that has been served up since Garry and Spud left.
Surly chief was hilarious aswell. Didn't go off as often as spud but was arguably better at strafing everyone

Surly chief was hilarious aswell. Didn't go off as often as spud but was arguably better at strafing everyone

chief was great back in the day. I still remember when the Rub was JB, BT, Sam, Chief & Hutchy. It was radio gold when JB and Sam used to wind up Chief and then Chief would actually beat up JB. This is when Jason was the acting CEO of the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back