Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Hot Breakfast has announced this morning that they'll be wrapping up for good after 11 years at the end of the month. Bit of a surprise to be honest. I know their ratings died in the ass when Wil Anderson came along, but surprising they're parking it all together. Be interesting to see what takes its place.

Huge cuts at Triple M even before Covid. I think I said 12 months ago that they could easily pull out of AFL / NRL coverage at any point although it sounds like that might be safe for now.

Guys like Eddie and Brayshaw cost alot of money so I expect the Rush Hour to go soon too. Sounds like Eddie will stay on but with less of a commitment.

I think it is a good move. They probably want to freshen everything up a bit.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Huge cuts at Triple M even before Covid. I think I said 12 months ago that they could easily pull out of AFL / NRL coverage at any point although it sounds like that might be safe for now.

Guys like Eddie and Brayshaw cost alot of money so I expect the Rush Hour to go soon too. Sounds like Eddie will stay on but with less of a commitment.

JB is triple M. Cut him and the station sucks

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The rush hour is still the best thing on Triple M despite them half hearting it as well as cutting the runtime in half, not to mention JB now barely even showing up. They’d be mad to get rid of it,
hopefully it stays on as a podcast

Stop advertising it as JB and Billy then when JB is never on.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Reckon it’s nothing to do with cost cutting. Regular listener and I think Eddie and Darcy would have called a mutual agreement to end it. They’ve been at each other’s throats during this COVID saga. There’s been huge tension between them. Darcy, who I think is a flog, has been attacking Dan Andrews and his restrictions all year while Eddie has been defending him. There has been many heated arguments on air.

There’s been no banter or jokes between them like their used to be.

It was on the cards.

Reckon it’s nothing to do with cost cutting. Regular listener and I think Eddie and Darcy would have called a mutual agreement to end it. They’ve been at each other’s throats during this COVID saga. There’s been huge tension between them. Darcy, who I think is a flog, has been attacking Dan Andrews and his restrictions all year while Eddie has been defending him. There has been many heated arguments on air.

There’s been no banter or jokes between them like their used to be.

It was on the cards.
thats interesting. eddie could defend him....all the way from qld haha

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
While I'm at it, that Rosie girl on Triple M complained one day about a tweet referring to her as the token laughing chick. She said: "fair dinkum, if we get ONE more message saying I'm just the token laughing girl, I tell ya...."
Is she f'kn serious?:grinv1: If her constant cackling isn't fake, then she's not quite right. Having said all that, I haven't listened to the show for ages, so I dunno if she still does it

ha, that's the thing; it tries to be all things to all people: news/serious, sport, 'comedy', plus the fake cackler chick in the background. It's a bit the radio version of The Project :tongueoutv1:

the old mysterious person in the background creating questions and intrigue.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
While I'm at it, that Rosie girl on Triple M complained one day about a tweet referring to her as the token laughing chick. She said: "fair dinkum, if we get ONE more message saying I'm just the token laughing girl, I tell ya...."
Is she f'kn serious?:grinv1: If her constant cackling isn't fake, then she's not quite right. Having said all that, I haven't listened to the show for ages, so I dunno if she still does it
She's been around for yonks. Like more than 5 years.

Tyzza_07_09_11

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2016
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
MelbourneStars, Triple Eight Racing

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

With those kinds of salaries you have to pull in bigger ratings. 3AW pulling four times as many which is amazing.

It will be interesting to see how they fill the slot. They could go with a similar model like a Howie, Marty Sheargold and a ex sportsman or maybe something completely different like two comedians.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
I always had a lot of time for Rosie. For someone who is primarily there as a producer she contributed a lot and essentially became a part of the line up.

Here is a link to the audio of the announcement.

Ed mentions in there that he'd keep going until his kids were finished high school, which is happening end of this year. Maybe it's just one of those things where it's all just fallen into line at the right time.

Tyzza_07_09_11

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2016
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
MelbourneStars, Triple Eight Racing
I always had a lot of time for Rosie. For someone who is primarily there as a producer she contributed a lot and essentially became a part of the line up.

Here is a link to the audio of the announcement.

Ed mentions in there that he'd keep going until his kids were finished high school, which is happening end of this year. Maybe it's just one of those things where it's all just fallen into line at the right time.
Yeah for sure, initially when I heard the news my mind went straight to budget cuts in line with what appears to have been happening over the past few years at triple m... however upon listening to that this afternoon is seems a lot more like the time was right to get out and give someone else a crack.

Back