Radio Triple M Footy

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surprising that whatever happened (the disagreement or whatever) last year has caused BT to leave The Rub, wouldn't you cater for him rather than Bill playing the dumbass or Damo who doesn't even really break news anyway?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In case anyone's interested, the Midweek Rub is now only on their app and podcast

I'm starting to warm to Bernie Vince on Saturday.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I was listening yesterday to the first half in the car, but missed the 2nd half.

I was really hoping they might podcast the Noah Balta "bit" - which they've done today. BT's style still defines Triple M when he's on form and doesn't have the shits. (He was on air with Barrett this week, so the air might be clearing a bit. BT also had the shits with Brownless too though.)

I was listening yesterday to the first half in the car, but missed the 2nd half.

I was really hoping they might podcast the Noah Balta "bit" - which they've done today. BT's style still defines Triple M when he's on form and doesn't have the shits. (He was on air with Barrett this week, so the air might be clearing a bit. BT also had the shits with Brownless too though.)
"Noah balta cant see the football!"

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
"Noah balta cant see the football!"

I had a quick listen to the pod, and I think they missed the funniest part that I heard in the first half:

"There's a DOG on the field! Oh wait, it's just Noah Balta's seeing eye dog."

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had a quick listen to the pod, and I think they missed the funniest part that I heard in the first half:

"There's a DOG on the field! Oh wait, it's just Noah Balta's seeing eye dog."
That whole passage was very funny, (and long: if anyone knows NW subs, I reckon I travelled from Military Rd Avondale Heights to well past Melton during the running gag :p )

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
I think it was two or three years ago when Carey said a player was the most accurate kick in footy - might have been Tippa - BT and JB were calling him the modern day tony lockett.

Triple M will always be listenable whilst JB and BT are there

Can anyone fill me in on what happened between BT and Billy?

Brownless was going on about how BT didn’t make the 1990 GF, and how he plays second fiddle to Bruce at Channel 7. And BT gave it back to him about his GF losses and no impact. But Brownless kept giving to him and by the time the quiz came up he walked off.

Dane Swan is a close second.

He’s just boring and not even funny

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Brownless was going on about how BT didn’t make the 1990 GF, and how he plays second fiddle to Bruce at Channel 7. And BT gave it back to him about his GF losses and no impact. But Brownless kept giving to him and by the time the quiz came up he walked off.
Which is quite hilarious given BT released his book hanging s**t on Lethal & his teammates mere weeks after that Grand Final win

Which is what sparked the World According To The Cool Breeze

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Which is quite hilarious given BT released his book hanging sh*t on Lethal & his teammates mere weeks after that Grand Final win

Which is what sparked the World According To The Cool Breeze

BT can obviously handle people taking the piss out of him but Bill is just incessant, with poor timing and generally unfunny. He thinks everyone loves him as a piss head dopey bastard but is finding out that it’s not the case

ChubbMuff

All Australian
Nov 8, 2004
Gong
AFL Club
Sydney

He’s just boring and not even funny
I remember that happening but just thought it was all a bit of theatre. Not a huge fan of BT as a commentator but did find him funny on The Rub. Billy comes across as an affable idiot.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
BT seems a bit sensitive to me love him but over the 18 years I’ve been listening to MMM there has been a few times where he seems to love to give it and not love the taking it. He seems to get over it reasonably quickly though.
He seemed to love seeing Bill

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
BT seems a bit sensitive to me love him but over the 18 years I’ve been listening to MMM there has been a few times where he seems to love to give it and not love the taking it. He seems to get over it reasonably quickly though.
He seemed to love seeing Bill
I don't think anyone loves taking it more than giving it apart from Sam Newman. But yeah that seems a weird moment for them to fall out, had been pretty chummy on the Ms for a while though.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
BT can obviously handle people taking the piss out of him but Bill is just incessant, with poor timing and generally unfunny. He thinks everyone loves him as a piss head dopey bastard but is finding out that it’s not the case

I like Bill more than you seem to, but this is generally correct. I don't believe for a second that the ongoing series' of Bristle's old 927 interviews or old press clippings were the result of a random guy dropping them off at Clarendon St - BT has brought them in for a bit of ME time. So that Grand Final episode last year was a bit bizarre when he stopped taking the joke.

Back