Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Bill more than you seem to, but this is generally correct. I don't believe for a second that the ongoing series' of Bristle's old 927 interviews or old press clippings were the result of a random guy dropping them off at Clarendon St - BT has brought them in for a bit of ME time. So that Grand Final episode last year was a bit bizarre when he stopped taking the joke.

I don't mind Bill, for instance on the Rush hour his and JBs little schtick is funny. The Saturday rub was about mates taking the piss hard and doing those little pre productions stories, building to a reveal on spud mostly.
Chompers, make up gate, me me article etc.

Bill and Duck have no ability to do that. JB and Gaz were fantastic at it, s**t even Damo can do it quite well.

Bill can't plan anything, he's got some funny one liners but that's it. Duck doesn't have a personality

How bad is the Saturday rub going? Basically the idiot who's now producing takes the idiot file from the rush hour and calls it bernies nuff nuffs. JB and Bill just may aswell do a 2 hour rush hour on Saturday and talk a bit more footy

I don't mind Bill, for instance on the Rush hour his and JBs little schtick is funny. The Saturday rub was about mates taking the piss hard and doing those little pre productions stories, building to a reveal on spud mostly.
Chompers, make up gate, me me article etc.

Bill and Duck have no ability to do that. JB and Gaz were fantastic at it, sh*t even Damo can do it quite well.

Bill can't plan anything, he's got some funny one liners but that's it. Duck doesn't have a personality
I thought Judd fitted in well. He was arrogant enough to not care if they took the piss out of him, and bright enough to know that's how Triple M works. And he obviously was a gun player so that helped.

Think if they get him back in place of Duck the Saturday show would be better. The Chief is excellent to for similar reasons, him back is a big win.

I thought Judd fitted in well. He was arrogant enough to not care if they took the piss out of him, and bright enough to know that's how Triple M works. And he obviously was a gun player so that helped.

Think if they get him back in place of Duck the Saturday show would be better. The Chief is excellent to for similar reasons, him back is a big win.

Judd's one of the boys albeit the nerdy one.
Duck isn't.

When there were those interviews with Andrew Embley and Dean Cox, Juddy's banter and gentle ribbing were shown in their glory.

They were funny moments.

Judd's one of the boys albeit the nerdy one.
Duck isn't.

When there were those interviews with Andrew Embley and Dean Cox, Juddy's banter and gentle ribbing were shown in their glory.

They were funny moments.
Yeah he ran rings around Browny, who seems pretty sensitive for a bloke with a few interesting characteristics.

Anyone listen to Fraser Gehrig on Friday night? Basically told them he thought Brayshaw, Lyon and the crew at that time were s**t blokes for doing the bottom 3 players on the ground and that players dealing with form issues or depression didn't need that kind of pressure. The Triple M box was trying to keep it light hearted but Gehrig was having none of it, said the only reason he was doing the media rounds was because of the charity work being done by Deliveroo. In typical fashion JB always has a laugh about Lyon and himself being in an awkward situation and mates hanging him out to dry but Gehrig sounded dead serious. Wanted to beat the * out of him. To be honest it sounded like he still would. In fact it will be really interesting to see if JB or Triple M ever bring it up again.

On a side note it was really refreshing to hear an ex player giving honest, unfiltered thoughts on the game and players. He had the Triple M box in an awkward place and didn't seem to care. Worth a listen, Gehrig came across well I thought.

Last edited:
Anyone listen to Fraser Gehrig on Friday night? Basically told them he thought Brayshaw, Lyon and the crew at that time were sh*t blokes for doing the bottom 3 players on the ground and that players dealing with form issues or depression didn't need that kind of pressure. The Triple M box was trying to keep it light hearted but Gehrig was having none of it, said the only reason he was doing the media rounds was because of the charity work being done by Deliveroo. In typical fashion he always has a laugh about Lyon and himself being in an awkward situation and mates hanging him out to dry but Gehrig sounded dead serious. Wanted to beat the fu** out of him. To be honest it sounded like he still would. In fact it will be really interesting to see if JB or Triple M ever bring it up again.

On a side note it was really refreshing to hear an ex player giving honest, unfiltered thoughts on the game and players. He had the Triple M box in an awkward place and didn't seem to care. Worth a listen, Gehrig came across well I thought.

it was brilliant and good on him saying it.

don’t get me wrong I love JB and the boys and in general the way the go abkut things but every now and then a reality check is a good thing

Anyone listen to Fraser Gehrig on Friday night? Basically told them he thought Brayshaw, Lyon and the crew at that time were sh*t blokes for doing the bottom 3 players on the ground and that players dealing with form issues or depression didn't need that kind of pressure. The Triple M box was trying to keep it light hearted but Gehrig was having none of it, said the only reason he was doing the media rounds was because of the charity work being done by Deliveroo. In typical fashion he always has a laugh about Lyon and himself being in an awkward situation and mates hanging him out to dry but Gehrig sounded dead serious. Wanted to beat the fu** out of him. To be honest it sounded like he still would. In fact it will be really interesting to see if JB or Triple M ever bring it up again.

What’s the Lyon and gehrig thing

Anyone listen to Fraser Gehrig on Friday night? Basically told them he thought Brayshaw, Lyon and the crew at that time were sh*t blokes for doing the bottom 3 players on the ground and that players dealing with form issues or depression didn't need that kind of pressure. The Triple M box was trying to keep it light hearted but Gehrig was having none of it, said the only reason he was doing the media rounds was because of the charity work being done by Deliveroo. In typical fashion JB always has a laugh about Lyon and himself being in an awkward situation and mates hanging him out to dry but Gehrig sounded dead serious. Wanted to beat the fu** out of him. To be honest it sounded like he still would. In fact it will be really interesting to see if JB or Triple M ever bring it up again.

Didnt G train nearly belt JB at a nightclub once?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough to Frasier. Footy is a tough game you basically get a performance review after every day in the office; would be very tough with all that scrutiny. triple m footy in the heyday was the best thing on radio. Those guys definitely had their head fairly up their clackers - they all had their own health issues- pretty sure all of them bar BT had marital problems - still doesn’t take away from the fact that it was unbelievable listening for 10+ years

Anyone listen to Fraser Gehrig on Friday night? Basically told them he thought Brayshaw, Lyon and the crew at that time were sh*t blokes for doing the bottom 3 players on the ground and that players dealing with form issues or depression didn't need that kind of pressure. The Triple M box was trying to keep it light hearted but Gehrig was having none of it, said the only reason he was doing the media rounds was because of the charity work being done by Deliveroo. In typical fashion JB always has a laugh about Lyon and himself being in an awkward situation and mates hanging him out to dry but Gehrig sounded dead serious. Wanted to beat the fu** out of him. To be honest it sounded like he still would. In fact it will be really interesting to see if JB or Triple M ever bring it up again.

I mean JB never gave the bad votes... It was Chief Sam Spud and Gaz. Duke sometimes aswell. Plus let's be real the 3 bad votes was way less pressure than literally every media newspaper and Twitter feed that exists these days.

I mean JB never gave the bad votes... It was Chief Sam Spud and Gaz. Duke sometimes aswell. Plus let's be real the 3 bad votes was way less pressure than literally every media newspaper and Twitter feed that exists these days.

And mainly were jabs at ruckmen.

I think it was Chief who, in 2016, gave the 3 to Mark Jamar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back