Radio Triple M Footy

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
I love them too. It is the only time I ever listen to SEN. Nothing better in the mornings. But 9am comes round, I chuck on 3AW. Looks like many do the same.
Ah sorry mate misread your post, look Sen will always hover around 2.5-4 IMO, can handle gerraldo for a little bit, then it’s off..
Don’t even mention though arvo morons

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Ah sorry mate misread your post, look Sen will always hover around 2.5-4 IMO, can handle gerraldo for a little bit, then it’s off..
Don’t even mention though arvo morons
All good man. Gerard thinks he is God. Cant stand the campaigner. What do the numbers represent? What does 2.5 represt? Does it mean 2.5 percent of people listening to the radio have SEN on?

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
All good man. Gerard thinks he is God. Cant stand the campaigner. What do the numbers represent? What does 2.5 represt? Does it mean 2.5 percent of people listening to the radio have SEN on?
Yeah pretty much, higher the better.. think they still use diary method which is bit sketchy IMO, ratings still shockingly low..
Ross’ and Russ get around 20 for a comparison

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What do those numbers mean? Im assuming higher number is better. But for example, what is 3.0? and what does 5.2 mean? Id love to know.
as far as I know, it's the percentage of people listening during each slot, so not a percentage of the population, which some people think. I suppose that's only part of the story, because we dunno how many people listen; we only know the obvious, which is that breakfast and drive time have the most listeners

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
as far as I know, it's the percentage of people listening during each slot, so not a percentage of the population, which some people think. I suppose that's only part of the story, because we dunno how many people listen; we only know the obvious, which is that breakfast and drive time have the most listeners
Yeah, if you think about it 3AW are just monsters. They look unbeatable

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Apparently the Rush Hour does really well on the podcast numbers so they might not be too worried about the ratings there. I know I only listen to it that way. I find it way funnier than the Rub; not high brow humour but a good way to wind down after a long day at work and has more of a relaxed feel.

The rub is too try hard and contrived now, especially with Bill as basically the focal point. He is funny when not trying to be, not as a written line type comedian.
Exactly, rush hours hilarious and they've just got a smooth run to the show.
The rub used to be a group pile on but they've just got lazy and tried to make a rush hour 2.0 but it doesn't work with all the extra unfunny voices.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Apparently the Rush Hour does really well on the podcast numbers so they might not be too worried about the ratings there. I know I only listen to it that way. I find it way funnier than the Rub; not high brow humour but a good way to wind down after a long day at work and has more of a relaxed feel.

The rub is too try hard and contrived now, especially with Bill as basically the focal point. He is funny when not trying to be, not as a written line type comedian.
They need to bring back 4-6. Dont even know why they pulled the pin.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Exactly, rush hours hilarious and they've just got a smooth run to the show.
The rub used to be a group pile on but they've just got lazy and tried to make a rush hour 2.0 but it doesn't work with all the extra unfunny voices.
Think hutchy says the same, podcast numbers are ok apparently, they almost prefer these because you get an exact number almost

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
The Friday Rub is unlistenable thanks to Mark Howard and he’s constant jerking off of Dunstall. The whole show is about Dunstall. Wish Howie would just disappear altogether.

To quote the great man about Howie "he's a dag on a sheep's arse."

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Friday Rub is unlistenable thanks to Mark Howard and he’s constant jerking off of Dunstall. The whole show is about Dunstall. Wish Howie would just disappear altogether.

When they brought Dunstall back, they needed to have Brayshaw on with him. Chief could take the piss out of Brayshaw and 'JB' would take the piss in return. Chief could take the piss out of Howie and Howie would ask for Chief's autograph.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Chief is wasted on Friday nights can’t stand Howie.
JB, Bt, Chief, Bernie and Damo is a decent Saturday rub if they can make it happen.

the rub has gone down hill ever since damo went from journo to instigator. Needs to learn his role

Back