Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Rush hour and the Rub commitments staying
This is a shame, he needs to be gone from the Rub. Turns the whole thing into another episode of the Rush Hour. Seems to really have something against Vince too, spends two hours interrupting him.

Triple M badly need a some fresh blood.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is a shame, he needs to be gone from the Rub. Turns the whole thing into another episode of the Rush Hour. Seems to really have something against Vince too, spends two hours interrupting him.

Piss Bill off and get BT and Chief on Saturdays. It’s that obvious it’s painful

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Piss Bill off and get BT and Chief on Saturdays. It’s that obvious it’s painful
I dunno, I reckon they need a couple of younger blokes. Chief is great, but BT's losing a bit this season.

I know he's not to everyone's taste but I liked Judd on MMM, had the right amount of arrogance and humour to fit in.

There has to be a few others, Heath Shaw maybe?

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood

Vince is horrible.

His whole 'nuffy' thing is some of the unfunniest s**t you'll ever hear on radio.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dunno, I reckon they need a couple of younger blokes. Chief is great, but BT's losing a bit this season.

I know he's not to everyone's taste but I liked Judd on MMM, had the right amount of arrogance and humour to fit in.

There has to be a few others, Heath Shaw maybe?
Yeah didn't mind Juddy as he grew into the role

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
Have you ever had the misfortune of hearing Marty? The bloke is as boring as a house brick. The day Luke Darcy attacked Dictator Dan was their final day on the radio, no doubt he had them sacked, or at least some part to do with it.

Marty is good. However, he needs people around him to get the best out of him. He was great on Nova with tim and kate (more so tim was where he had good chemistry). Will be gone in another year.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Am I the only one who thinks it was massive crazy-ape bonkers, Bizzaroworld stuff that we (in Melbourne) had squeaky bogan Howie calling off the tv, instead of hearing Dennis at the ground??! :grinv1: Brayshaw, et al, even interviewed him earlier in the day, to talk about how good he is, and to reminisce, etc. I reckon it's the huge ego of our Melbourne Triple M wan'kers who made it happen: "wah, wah! It's in contract that I do a Grand Final, wah wah wah :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:...."

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Am I the only one who thinks it was massive crazy-ape bonkers, Bizzaroworld stuff that we (in Melbourne) had squeaky bogan Howie calling off the tv, instead of hearing Dennis at the ground??! :grinv1: Brayshaw, et al, even interviewed him earlier in the day, to talk about how good he is, and to reminisce, etc. I reckon it's the huge ego of our Melbourne Triple M wan'kers who made it happen: "wah, wah! It's in contract that I do a Grand Final, wah wah wah :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:...."

I agree even more so with JB and BT on Seven it wasn't even the MMM best team. I really thought they could of done a pre game and then crossed to WA for the call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Vince is horrible.

His whole 'nuffy' thing is some of the unfunniest sh*t you'll ever hear on radio.

All could I think when he was doing his nuffy thing was how much better spud was doing that type of thing, and also how censored the Ms are now because they only attack from within

Should've started the pre-game at 4.30 instead of running a replay of the rub.

Think it may have been a network thing in starting the pre-game so late with the northern states taking the Melbourne call post NRL prelim, which Melbourne probably could have taken instead of a Rub replay but was never going to happen given they took Danny Lakey instead of Origin this year.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Think it may have been a network thing in starting the pre-game so late with the northern states taking the Melbourne call post NRL prelim, which Melbourne probably could have taken instead of a Rub replay but was never going to happen given they took Danny Lakey instead of Origin this year.
The NSW/QLD stations normally miss out on most of the pre-game stuff anyway on a friday night when a local team is playing. It's just cheap and nasty.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Will Marty Sheargold be there next year? I can't remember their breakfast slot rating so badly

4Rev9e5.jpg

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The media in generals ability to identify which people are actually well liked in the community and who people want to listen to is at a staggering all time low. It’s all just the executive producers getting their mates on and big names who they want to have a beer with, they’re real star *ers and we went up with the garbage we get as consumers.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One example where MMM have got it right is their Saturday show.

Montagna, Jay Clark and Emma Freedman - all very likeable people and not complete ego maniacs. Good to have in-depth footy analyst, journo and a female perspective with horse racing expertise, Really good mix!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back