R Palmer

kagij

Senior List
Aug 30, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LAC, LAA, ANA, LFC, PGFC
I heard the rumour from someone I believe to be a very reliable source that the club is keen to trade him this off-season. Apparently Harvey just doesn't rate him.

As bad as he's been this year, I hope they give him another year to recover from his injury and get back to his best. He was by far our best midfielder in 2008.

W. Smithers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Might be a good move. Freo had a good year without much input from him. He'll definitely have value and might help them pick up another early pick or a required positional player.

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
Be interesting to hear the reactions of some Essendon supporters who spent 2 years sooking we chose Myers over him

I'm a massive Myers fan but you can't exactly say he's got Palmer covered at this stage.

Both have been pretty disappointing (injuries playing their part in both cases)

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
If we could afford him, would definitely give love to see him with us.

I really rated him last year and I think he could benefit learning from someone like Burgoyne.

Not me.

He'll obviously be better next year after another pre-season, but his kicking skills are average, the game has got wicker and he's lost a little pace and power. Result, his skills aren't getting better any time soon.

I'd definitely pass.

donut

Rookie
Aug 21, 2009
South Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Worst rumour I've heard since the last one I heard on 6pr.

Contracted ball magnet in a team that, yes, has done well without him but still don't exactly have a lot of midfield depth.

His first year was exceptionally good, he has struggled a bit coming back from a knee reconstruction but 95% of players do.

My opinion - there is no chance Harvey "doesn't rate him", and there is no chance he is not in Freo's plans for the future. Just like there is no chance Akermanis is going to be picked up by the Gold Coast, and there was no chance Malthouse to Richmond was a "done deal" last year. But keep 'em coming 6pr :thumbsu:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I'd like him at the Dons. We seem to have a pretty good record with ex-Freo players.

kirbylovespurple

Senior List
Feb 16, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Miami Heat
this rumour has been around for a few weeks now... I doubt its true, he is a WA boy, and from what ive heard he likes it here.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I'm a massive Myers fan but you can't exactly say he's got Palmer covered at this stage.

Both have been pretty disappointing (injuries playing their part in both cases)

no, you're right, I'm not saying either has set the world on fire. But you should have heard the wailing and gnashing of teeth down our boards way for about 2 years. Understandable in some ways given Palmer's RS performance, but typically myopic of some

Esky Lid

Senior List
Jul 2, 2007
Out Bush
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dockers may as well get rid of him. the only thing he did all year was break Barlows Leg ! ... And what was he doing there anyway ! He has cost the Dockers Big Time.

He is only a Good Midfielder in Crap Team. West Coast will take him ... he is best mates with Masten. You can tell they taught each other to kick !

Back